Unsolved Hayley Dodd Murder & Trial Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Eaglette01

Senior List
Dec 31, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Carmel's going to be very busy.

Prosecutor Carmel Barbagallo to lead prosecution of Hayley Dodd murder accused Francis John Wark

Great news indeed -

WAPOL were taken off Hayley's case to concentrate on the CSK - an absolute fuucken disgrace

Wark is an animal

Eaglette01

Senior List
Dec 31, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I need a few more minutes to take it all in, looks like most grounds 1,2,4 on were dismissed. I'm curious if the hair they found in Wark's truck had DNA on it?
The tiny hair DNA found in the car was DNA'd & linked to likely having been related to Hayley's mother - the car Wark had access to that very day.
Hayley had been in Warks car that fateful day.
The car Wark borrowed from his Lodger and, the column stick was damaged, car parked awkward position (no doubt in the struggle when she also lost her earring)
Poor Hayley - her poor mother and family :(

Judge spent over 6hrs one day in the Supreme Court analysing the butchers evidence - and the receipt that Wark had been to the butchers (therefore could not have killed Hayley) ...... receipt did NOT have the correct date-time. It was so laborious to listen to

Oh Wark is guilty (I believe)

Wark had time that day - it was his MO - he took off lying to all and sundry that he had cancer - left 4mths later on the back of a motorbike with his dog.

Hayley's earring was cocooned in the folded dirty car seat and WAPOL left it for a decade without looking at it , the exact earring that her friend had seen Hayley purchase - the exact same! FFS

Appeal should never have been granted.

edit: spelling corrections and clarifying

Last edited:

ms finch

Team Captain
Aug 26, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is such a terrible situation for her family.

I remember when I first read about the earring, which should have been found years prior. I just kept thinking what a shocking cock up it was on WAPOL’s part. It created so many uncertainties as to how it got there. Whether or not these prove to be significant, it creates an added layer of uncertainty for the family.

Such a delay also increases the likelihood of an unsafe conviction, which we are now seeing with it being sent back for a retrial. The family have to go through the stress all over again.

It seems to me that the delay in having any idea what happened to Hayley, let alone the delay for any justice, was completely unnecessary.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad