Streaming [HBO] True Detective

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Ali might have wrapped up his Emmy in just two episodes. ******* unreal and for him and the crew to capture the three eras so clearly. That alone is more impressive than anything out of S2.

Not going to do any deep dives into it like S1 on the Yellow King, Carcosa, Lovecraft stuff cause I've been burned by that before. But it'd be hell of a flex on Pizzolatto's part if he didn't lean heavily right into it come the end of the series, after already alluding to it here (and given the reaction last time around).

Looking forward to the Milch written episodes the most.

Ali might have wrapped up his Emmy in just two episodes. ******* unreal and for him and the crew to capture the three eras so clearly. That alone is more impressive than anything out of S2.

Not going to do any deep dives into it like S1 on the Yellow King, Carcosa, Lovecraft stuff cause I've been burned by that before. But it'd be hell of a flex on Pizzolatto's part if he didn't lean heavily right into it come the end of the series, after already alluding to it here (and given the reaction last time around).

Looking forward to the Milch written episodes the most.

Ali...did you notice the look on his face in Ep2 when he was talking to Cousin Creepy on the verandah? He changed his facial expression and posture to look like another person from what we had seen.

A good series so far. it feels a little too slow but I'm hanging out for the next episode with lots of unanswered questions. The biggest one - what was the child sized object that the trash collector guy moved after he got beaten up?

A good series so far. it feels a little too slow but I'm hanging out for the next episode with lots of unanswered questions. The biggest one - what was the child sized object that the trash collector guy moved after he got beaten up?

I didn't think it looked like that at the time but I've seen a lot of people online have interpreted it that way too.

I just thought it made sense that it was a bag of weapons seeing as he'd just had the s**t kicked out of him by a bunch of red necks and looked rather pissed off about it.

I didn't think it looked like that at the time but I've seen a lot of people online have interpreted it that way too.

I just thought it made sense that it was a bag of weapons seeing as he'd just had the s**t kicked out of him by a bunch of red necks and looked rather pissed off about it.
Yeah I initially thought bag of weapons but the way it moved as he carried it made me think it was a body...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explosive episode
What was explosive about it exactly?

I was rather dissapointed that we had a 70 minute episode and yet.. nothing really progressed the case for me. There were a couple of revelations, but nothing that blew the case open (or closed) and they blue balled us on the biggest action piece of the season.

Last edited:

I was rather dissapointed that we had a 70 minute episode and yet.. nothing really progressed the case for me. There were a couple of revelations, but nothing that blue the case open (or closed) and they blue balled us on the biggest action piece of the season.

My post was meant to be a pun in regards to the final scene

I was rather dissapointed that we had a 70 minute episode and yet.. nothing really progressed the case for me. There were a couple of revelations, but nothing that blew the case open (or closed) and they blue balled us on the biggest action piece of the season.

Agree. It's as slow as a wet week. Nothing really happened in that episode until the last couple of minutes, and it was incidental to the murder/kidnapping investigation.

I don't want to be negative, but i'm starting to feel like i've been conned into feeling so good about this seaosn with Ali's excellent performance and a return to the tone and pastiche of the first season. I have a feeling this season may be going for some subverted or subdued conclusion and, if that the case, i'm sorry but that's not what i'm here for.

I want the intrigued and suspense to wrench up in the next two episodes or this season will fall very flat for me.

Agree. It's as slow as a wet week. Nothing really happened in that episode until the last couple of minutes, and it was incidental to the murder/kidnapping investigation.

I have tried three times now to get through this...,maybe it’s the hot weather..dunno...but have fallen asleep 30 minutes or so in...will try again during daylight over the weekend but it’s starting to stink up

The early applause has suddenly died

Watched Series 1 and was ok but wow underwhelming last few episodes. Green paint? **** off. He felt his daughter and old man?....gimme a break!

MM character was convoluted and pretentious.

Came on here to read other opinions and staggered that people comparing it to BB, Wire, Sopranos etc. Nowhere near it, holy ****. I’ve watched The Americans and The Leftovers over summer and shits on this.

This is just Hollywood serial killer formula.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back