Most expensive team?
Most under-rated player?
Most over-rated player?
Most over paid player?
Most loyal player in the league?
Most disliked player?
Toughest bloke in the league?
Biggest Sook in the league?

Should make for some interesting discussion...

Premiers? Kalkee Harrow Quantong
Runners up? Kalkee Harrow Quantong Swifts
Wooden Spooners? Pimpinio
League Medal? Muddy Anson
Biggest Improver from 10? Quantong will improve alot but they did make the finals so maybe swifts or Natimuk
Biggest Slider from 10? Rupyunup/ Pimpinio
Most expensive team? Kalkee/Quantong
Most under-rated player? Paul Christian
Most over-rated player? Simon dandy
Most over paid player? Luke Carr
Most loyal player in the league? Daniel Baker ( he is at pimp right?)
Most disliked player? Robert miller
Toughest bloke in the league? Nick Thomas
Biggest Sook in the league? Robert miller

Premiers? Noradjuha Quantong
Runners up? Kalkee
Wooden Spooners? Natimuk
League Medal? Riley McFarlane
Biggest Improver from 10? Swifts (into top five)
Biggest Slider from 10? Kalkee (Back to level with the rest!)
Most expensive team? Taylors Lake or Noradjuha Quantong
Most under-rated player? Larry Leeming
Most over-rated player? Zane Bigmore
Most loyal player in the league? Brent Penny
Most disliked player? Robbie Miller
Toughest bloke in the league? Paul Christian
Biggest Sook in the league? Gavin Kelm

Premiers? Kalkee
Runners up? N/Q or Taylors Lake
Wooden Spooners? Natimuk
League Medal? Anson
Biggest Improver from 10? Swifts
Biggest Slider from 10? Laharum
Most expensive team? Taylors Lake
Most under-rated player? Adam Jolley
Most over-rated player? Owen Phillips

Premiers? Kalkee
Runners up? N/Q or Taylors Lake
Wooden Spooners? Natimuk
League Medal? Anson
Biggest Improver from 10? Swifts
Biggest Slider from 10? Laharum
Most expensive team? Taylors Lake
Most under-rated player? Adam Jolley
Most over-rated player? Owen Phillips

how can you say Owen Phillips is over-rated??? i was unaware he was rated at all...

Premiers? Kalkee or Harrow
Runners up? Kalkee or Harrow
Wooden Spooners? Pimpinio
League Medal? Matt Ward- H/B
Biggest Improver from 10? swifts or T-Lake
Biggest Slider from 10? Rupyunup/ Pimpinio
Most expensive team? Kalkee/T-Lake
Most under-rated player? Callum Hobbs H/B
Most over-rated player? Robbie Miller- Lar
Most over paid player? Luke Carr- t-lake
Most loyal player in the league? Daniel Baker- pimp
Most disliked player? Robert miller- Lar
Toughest bloke in the league? Nick Thomas- swifts
Biggest Sook in the league? Robert miller- Lar

Ive been through most of the posts here. I gotta a funny feeling that newo = owen(phillips). Pretty sad your commenting on yourself looking for feedback.

Ive been through most of the posts here. I gotta a funny feeling that newo = owen(phillips). Pretty sad your commenting on yourself looking for feedback.

haha mate i'm pretty sure everyone on this forum knows that newo= owen, and most ppl wouldn't have had to go thru all the posts to figure it out, it's pretty obvious.. i'm not trying to hide behind a fake name so ppl don't know who i am, unlike some on this forum "Inspector Morse"...

No i'm not looking for feedback, just can't understand what point he's trying to make...

Re: HDFL Season 2011
Premiers? T-lake
Runners up? Kees
Wooden Spooners? Natimuk
League Medal? Oakley n/q
Biggest Improver from 10? T-Lake
Biggest Slider from 10? Edenhope/a
Most expensive team? T-lake
Most under-rated player? Shane Oakley n/q
Most over-rated player? B Tuff t/l
Most over paid player? Luke Carr- t-lake
Most loyal player in the league? Brent Penny h/b
Most disliked player? Robert miller- Lar
Toughest bloke in the league? Matt Ward h/b
Biggest Sook in the league? Brad Sproul pimp

Premiers? Kalkee
Runners up? Taylors
Wooden Spooners? Pimp
League Medal? muddy anson/simon close
Biggest Improver from 10? Quantong/taylors
Biggest Slider from 10? rupanyup
Most under-rated player? every Close in the league... simon, anthony and micahel for H/B and oliver, xavier and matthew for E/A!! all guns and wtahc for big years from them all!!
Most over-rated player? dandy.. not the player he once was!!
Most over paid player? craig britten... is he still getting paid???
Most loyal player in the league? dale hurley!! but probs penny/baker
Most disliked player? robbie miller
Toughest bloke in the league? xavier close/gareth egan
Biggest Sook in the league? robbie miller/brad sproule

Anthony Close to usa for the year could cost harrow the premership with jolley tapping it everywhere

thats tragic for harrow but i dont think they are a flag threat!!! word is egan and vickery are gone and struggling to attract players!!!

flag contenders...

Kalkee - won the granny by 20 goals less Schultz boys worth 10 goals =- still contender
Taylors Lake - recruited the forward line they need... serious threat
Nor-Quan - players across the board and dellar medal to muddy anson... major improver

(who would have picked that 5 years ago..not me!!!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha mate i'm pretty sure everyone on this forum knows that newo= owen, and most ppl wouldn't have had to go thru all the posts to figure it out, it's pretty obvious.. i'm not trying to hide behind a fake name so ppl don't know who i am, unlike some on this forum "Inspector Morse"...

No i'm not looking for feedback, just can't understand what point he's trying to make...

This is an opinion based forum and i am clearly just stating my opinion.. The point i am making is that yourself (who seems to be the only person to take offence of anything written here) is over rated there may be more over rated players but from the games i have seen and the word around the traps is you seem to have pretty big cards on yourself and to me that makes you over rated..

I see you all are taking my word and by saying Rupanyup will be a massive fail this year...... Makes me happy!

Premiers? N/Q
Runners up? Kalkee
Wooden Spooners? Rup/Nati
League Medal? Daniel Baker
Biggest Improver from 10? Swifts/NQ/TL
Biggest Slider from 10? RUP
Most expensive team? T/L
Most under-rated player? Paul Christian/Hamish Ellis
Most over-rated player? Darcy O'Connor/Tim Ballinger
Most loyal player in the league? Paul Trotter/Brent Penny
Most disliked player? Nigel Greenaway
Toughest bloke in the league? Nigel Greenaway
Biggest Sook in the league? Zane Bigmore/Rob Miller

I know it is still very early but peoples tips for a final ladder always makes for interesting discussion at this time of year. Here is my tip for the final ladder positions.

Noradjuha Quantong
Kalkee
Taylors Lake
Swifts
Harrow Balmoral
Rupanyup
Edenhope Apsley
Laharum
Pimpinio
Natimuk

I know it is still very early but peoples tips for a final ladder always makes for interesting discussion at this time of year. Here is my tip for the final ladder positions.

Noradjuha Quantong
Kalkee
Taylors Lake
Swifts
Harrow Balmoral
Rupanyup
Edenhope Apsley
Laharum
Pimpinio
Natimuk

I think thats pretty spot on however Quantong were prettylucky to make finals last year let alone a prelim so dont think there going to be the favourites i think Kalkee still deserve that.

Swifts Ins Paul Hanns (Stawell), Damien Mcdonald (Stawell), Sean Mantell (Stawell), Jacob Davis (Stawell), Adam Taylor (Stawell), Damien Scott (Stawell) Robert Vaughan (Great Western), Brett Harvgreaves (Ballarat)

Few more that havent been approved yet plus some reserve players..

Plus Nick Thomas (back from Knee Reco) Ricky Whitehead (back from kidney rupture), Hayden Phillips (Will Play more then 2 Games) Adam Mullane Pratt ( Juniors R/up Leaugue Bnf), Anthony Jamieson (Stawell Juniors), Jack Tyzer (Stawell Juniors)

Noradjuha Quantong
Kalkee
Taylors Lake
Swifts
Harrow Balmoral
Rupanyup
Edenhope Apsley
Laharum
Pimpinio
Natimuk

why edenhope apsley so low??? i think they will have rup covered and possibly even harrow...

bernie kealy back and will get their centre half forward in sam dowler back after he did his knee in round 3 last year!! plus former demons ruckmen carl obst available full time plus you add the cobber factor and who know what that will do to the existing players/bring new players in!!!

strong sources say another 3-5 major league players coming.....

and also i think nati should have pimpinio covered also!!! and laharum have rup covered...

my ladder

kees
nor-quan
taylors

swifts

harrow
e/a

laharum
rup

nati
pimp

Josh Beddison to Kalkee and Daniel Baker to Dimboola. Pimpinio could be in for a tough year.

Where are the majority of the former Great Western footballers playing this year? Stawell, Swifts, Ararat, MDFL or at Rupanyup with Weavel?

Premiers? Kalkee/NQ/TL
Runners up? Kalkee/NQ/TL
Wooden Spooners? Natimuk
League Medal? Anyone from Kalkee/NQ/TL
Biggest Improver from 10? Stawell
Biggest Slider from 10? Pimpinio
Most expensive team? Taylors Lake By A Loooooooooong Way
Most under-rated player? Shane Oakley (NQ)
Most over-rated player? Larry Leeming (HB)
Most loyal player in the league? Dale Hurley (Until They Folded)
Most disliked player? Brent 'Elbows' McIntyre (NQ)
Toughest bloke in the league? Matt Ward (HB)

Premiers? Kalkee
Runners up? Taylors
Wooden Spooners? Pimp
League Medal? muddy anson/simon close
Biggest Improver from 10? Quantong/taylors
Biggest Slider from 10? rupanyup
Most under-rated player? every Close in the league... simon, anthony and micahel for H/B and oliver, xavier and matthew for E/A!! all guns and wtahc for big years from them all!!
Most over-rated player? dandy.. not the player he once was!!
Most over paid player? craig britten... is he still getting paid???
Most loyal player in the league? dale hurley!! but probs penny/baker
Most disliked player? robbie miller
Toughest bloke in the league? xavier close/gareth egan
Biggest Sook in the league? robbie miller/brad sproule

Big call! Still gets plenty of it, goes in and gets his own footy and kicks goals!

Premiers? Kalkee were 20 goals better then any other team last year and although they have lost a few i dont believe any team can make up that much of a gap

Runners up? Noradjuha/Quantong gaining so many Wimmera League players will see them right up their also if the Kelm boys can gel together with the rest of the Taylors Lake boys they will be the smokey

Wooden Spooners? Unfortunely Natimuk will take home the spoon again although if the rumors are true with Beddison and Baker leaving Pimpinio it could come down to the game between these 2

League Medal? Marcus Anson is one of the best players in the area and will be standout in a very good team that will win alot of games also Paul Hanns could be a roughy in a improving Swifts team

Biggest Improver from 10? Taylors Lake/Noradjuha-Quantong/Swifts all these 3 teams have done plenty of work over the pre season and look like they are heading in the right direction

Biggest Slider from 10? I haven't heard alot out of the Rupanyup camp although with Darren Weavell taking over as coach after Great Western folding if he can persude a few of the Lions boys to follow him Rupanyup may very well finish in a similar spot to this year

Most expensive team? Success doesn't come cheap so all the teams battling it out for the top 3 will have spent a fair bit so i'm saying Kalkee from Taylors Lake then Noradjuha/Quantong

Most under-rated player? Being from Edenhope Apsley Xavier Close gets no where near the respect that he deserves and he will show everyone this year how good he is by finishing in the top 3 or 4 in the Dellar Medal

Most over-rated player? Laharum and also the HDFL Interleague coaches seem to rate Robbie Miller as a superstar although he is only young he really needs to start earning his stripes this year, could be a top player though in the years to come

Most over paid player? Going on form last year i'd say that Luke Carr was the most over paid but with Taylors Lake signing a number of new recruits he will have alot less pressure on him this year

Most loyal player in the league? If Jamie Britten decides to pull the boots on this year he would have to be one of the most loyal blokes running around

Most disliked player? If Gavin Kelm does similar things to what he was doing in the WFL he will become very disliked very quickly, if he does play tough, hard and fair footy he could very well be the difference between Taylors Lake finishing 4th or 5th or being Premiers

Toughest bloke in the league? Nick Thomas on pure guts and determination is the toughest bloke in the league and Swifts will benifit greatly from his return this season from a knee reco

Remove this Banner Ad

Back