HDFL Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

HDFNL & WFNL Clubs have been flooding the Wimmera Mallee HQ with underage permit requests to allow top age U11s to play U14s & U14s to play U17s as clubs struggle to put sides together. 95% have been knocked back by the sounds. Laharum had 8-10 rejected yesterday, causing a huge frustration to club officials, coaches and parents with the real threat of clubs not being able to field sides. Many in the same boat.

Had heard of several clubs been left frustrated by applications being rejected just 3 days out… What reasons did kids get knocked back for? Maybe they want clubs to fail?

Had heard of several clubs been left frustrated by applications being rejected just 3 days out… What reasons did kids get knocked back for? Maybe they want clubs to fail?
I'll stand corrected, but I don't think this is AFL Vic. They may be enforcing the rules as established, but it's a national i.e. Federal Government thing. Certainly quite out of touch with how country footy clubs work - certainly now but even in the "old" days you always had kids going up a grade. 99.9% of the club coaches/administrators would never put a kid at risk if they weren't ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back