HDFL Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Footyz Life

Senior List
Mar 15, 2007
Western Highway
AFL Club
Essendon
With the season of 2016 now behind us and the power of the Giants taking home the silverware, What are the coaching appointments for each side? Seems to be a lot of jobs vacant.
Giants - Burdett?
Harrow/Balmoral - Cleaver?
Jeparit/Rainbow - ?
Kalkee - Schultz ?
Laharum-?
E/A - Rowe (Re-Signed)
T/Lake- ?
Swifts - Carey ?
Pimpinio - Josh Beddison (new)
N/Q - ?
Nati - ?
Rup - ?

Yeah terrible weather cut down the gate attendance, atmosphere and quality of the footy a little but still a ripping day out at the city oval with many different clubs achieving some grand final success.

I think harrow will be incredibly strong for the forseeable future. Kalkee will build and everyone else will have to work superhard to catch up.

As for Edenhope apsley merger talks i think they will be encouraged after a great year and continue to stick it out in hdfl where they are quite competitive as opposed to moving to the much stronger kntfl with border districts where they wouldnt be as competitive.

Bit Quiet on here! Surely there must be some whispers or innuendo on player movements.
Ins and Outs that I have heard or have been in paper.
E/A- In - George Walker (returning) OUT - Williams (N/Q)
Kalkee- ?
J/R - Out - Cranna
T/Lake- In - Coach Weatherson, Kirsten Hunter (formerly M/M) plus heap of unknowns
Pimp- Out - Nathan Sasche, Kyle Dumesny (Demons)
N/Q- In - Tom Cooper (M/M), N Byrne (Hsm Saints), plus a few more
H/B- In - Guthrie and Close (huge)
N/United-?
Laharum- Out - Miller (Injury), Angus Martin (H/Saints)
Swifts- OUT -Cameron (G/W)
Rupanyup- ?

Predictions for this year anyone?

I’ll have a crack

HB

Natimuk
Swifts

Kalkee
Rup
NQ

JR
EA

Laharum
Taylors
Pimp

Harrow
Kalkee
Stawell
Natimuk
Edenhope
Noradjuha
Laharum
Rupanyup
Jeparit
Taylor’s Lake
Pimpinio

Yeah, a good article. It was good to see it pointed out that there's more to a club's success than just winning senior football premierships too.

Of interest, anyone know what year NQ stopped using Noradjuha?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mummy is not the president!!! Strange this is also your first post!!!! whats the real story?
More news out of Laharum. Miller gone all together and will play the season out in Central Murray League. I believe Tom Crawford to step up as coach for remainder of season.

Any teams any chance to blow wind up HB this finals series???? Or next year for that matter?!
Well funny things can happen in finals, but I suspect their current side is as good as the Giants' team which went through undefeated and short of a major upset I suspect the Roos won't get touched. They're also looking to be in a great place for 2020 in terms of coaches and player retention.

Roberts and Andrew Seers to Kalkee is huge. Kees making a push to challenge Harrow? They still need a key forward I reckon. Rock is past it and Kuhne isn't big/good enough to be the target man.

Any other rumours floating around? Who is coaching Nati now Anson is gone?

Can NQ challenge HB next year? Would be great to see them do it. Well respected club that’s due for a premiership. Well coached, have developed their own and are now reaping the rewards. Could the trio of recent signings of experienced premiership players tip them over the edge?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back