HDFL under 17's

Remove this Banner Ad

Well as a close observer to the Broady under 17's. Lets just say they wont be as strong as last season i think only 4 of the players will return from last seasons Grand Final winning squad. Alot of young talent however.

They wont be any easybeats.

Word on da grape vine white hills will be da team to beat with Daniel Wridgway da new skipper and lachy begg and callum orti lookin to tear it up in 07 as the new vice captains
they also have great talent coming up the ranks from the under 15 side through shaun bowles, ben mitchell and david tuddenham and some huge recruits through the 100 gamer from south bendigo Daniel Harvey, the massive unit of jamie conboy and the fugitve himself Dion Jowett

how did the inder 17's go over the weekend?

our Boys (broadford) got past the young Huntly Hawks pretty comfortably. They kicked 10 goals in the first half and only mamnaged 1 after that to the Hawks credit they managed to kick 4 for the game.

Good players for the Roos were - Ezard, Bradshaw, Hetherton, Ingham and Nash.

Word on da grape vine white hills will be da team to beat with Daniel Wridgway da new skipper and lachy begg and callum orti lookin to tear it up in 07 as the new vice captains
they also have great talent coming up the ranks from the under 15 side through shaun bowles, ben mitchell and david tuddenham and some huge recruits through the 100 gamer from south bendigo Daniel Harvey, the massive unit of jamie conboy and the fugitve himself Dion Jowett

they should b right if they keep of the pipes

How did all the Under 17's sides go in Round 2?

The boyz (Broadford Thirds) scored a massive and a impressive win against a undermaned Elmore team with a 242 point annihilation of Elmore. Each side played with 16 on the ground before Jake Garrett for Broadford (supplied to Elmore) injured his knee in the warm up, And an Elmore lad injured his wrist (but still played till the end of the match) making it 15 on 16. With every player (besides the 3 boyz we lent to Elmore) on the team kicking a goal for Broadford. With Cameron Currell kicking his first career goal and Captain Jason Walsh (supposedly injured) kicking a career high 12 goals.

Broadford vs Elmore
Q1. 9. 3. 57 0. 0. 0
Q2. 17. 7. 109 1. 0. 6
Q3. 29. 11. 185 1. 0. 6
Q4. 39. 14. 248 1. 0. 6

Final score:
Broadford 39.14.248 def. Elmore 1.0.6

B/ford Goals: J.Walsh 12, A.Hanci 5, J.Ingham 4,T.Kelly 3, B.Mayne 2, T.Abela 2, J.Ferlazzo 2 and singles to A.Moran, J.Heatherton, W.McNally, M.Zanini, D.Nash, R.Monaghan, L.Kidman, B.Hickey and C.Currell

B/ford Best: B.Mayne, A.Hanci, J.Walsh, W.McNally, T.Kelly, J.Ferlazzo, M.Zanini, T.Abela and D.Nash, But it was a team effort.

Hey just wondering how your U/17s interleague side is looking and what players to watch out for?
Cheers

Look out for Daniel Wridgeway, Reece Hobbs and Jesse O'Connell all capable of kicking backs. Wont be as strong as last year with I'm guessing 4 players fronting up again this year (O'Connell, David Nash, Jayden Baldwin, Jermey Brewer)

Look out for Daniel Wridgeway, Reece Hobbs and Jesse O'Connell all capable of kicking backs. Wont be as strong as last year with I'm guessing 4 players fronting up again this year (O'Connell, David Nash, Jayden Baldwin, Jermey Brewer)

with no norm kortum holding down chb they may struggle. what do you think nesko? interleague chb's are definately going down hill from the days of adam sanders of broadford and cal randall of locky.... two premiership chb's... they just arent reading the play and are to focused on their men.

with no norm kortum holding down chb they may struggle. what do you think nesko? interleague chb's are definately going down hill from the days of adam sanders of broadford and cal randall of locky.... two premiership chb's... they just arent reading the play and are to focused on their men.

Correct me if I'm wrong but against LVFL I believe Kortum played fullback with Adam Robbinson at CHB. Sanders played through the middle if my memory serves me right. Randall is a has been, to injury prone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but against LVFL I believe Kortum played fullback with Adam Robbinson at CHB. Sanders played through the middle if my memory serves me right. Randall is a has been, to injury prone.

kortum played chb at l.b.u and shouldve been chb interleague. too slow for full back. what has happened to sanders?even with injuries randall has developed into a key positon senior player whilst last time i saw broadford play sanders was going poorly in the magoos. oh and sanders won the league b&f from chb,rarely went to the middle. he just played loose at chb giving no respect to his opponents,just like randall.and what has happened to kortum?ive heard his stacked on the pounds and may have come out of the closet???

kortum played chb at l.b.u and shouldve been chb interleague. too slow for full back. what has happened to sanders?even with injuries randall has developed into a key positon senior player whilst last time i saw broadford play sanders was going poorly in the magoos. oh and sanders won the league b&f from chb,rarely went to the middle. he just played loose at chb giving no respect to his opponents,just like randall.and what has happened to kortum?ive heard his stacked on the pounds and may have come out of the closet???

randall never one a league b & f. the 'ol normy kortum would have a 100 more games experiece on randall. and kortum is 2 years younger. been a bit tubby is better then been a bit injured anyway.

randall never one a league b & f. the 'ol normy kortum would have a 100 more games experiece on randall. and kortum is 2 years younger. been a bit tubby is better then been a bit injured anyway.

he shoulve conrad. bein tubby and injured is the best way to go i hear. all the cool kids are doing it. anterior cruciate injuries are also all the rage i hear.

Kortum's been around the traps thats for sure, I still remember when he clocked up his 100 game for Elmore back in the day. He's dropped off thats for sure, he's not only tubby but he's suffered a near career ending ankle injury during the pre-season. Talking to him the other day at uni and he said he'll never recover.

Farva I think you'll find Sanders would start at CHB at centre bounces and then charge in (Broady would start 3-4 running players off the HBF) then push into the middle so he wouldnt have an opponent. Never made Calder because he was "too slow" what a joke.

Can tell you Farva that Adam Sanders joined the military a couple of years ago and has played little footy over that time. Two weeks ago he was home for a short time and filled in for the seconds for the weekend. Really his only kick of the pill in two or three seasons.

Can tell you Farva that Adam Sanders joined the military a couple of years ago and has played little footy over that time. Two weeks ago he was home for a short time and filled in for the seconds for the weekend. Really his only kick of the pill in two or three seasons.

that could explain a lot scotywok.

he definately was a gun in the 3rds. but he had no influence when lbu bent broady over and raped them in the 2003 grand final after they were underfeated all year. possibly best game of 3rds footy i have witnessed. real underdog stuff. grrrrr! ;)

that could explain a lot scotywok.

he definately was a gun in the 3rds. but he had no influence when lbu bent broady over and raped them in the 2003 grand final after they were underfeated all year. possibly best game of 3rds footy i have witnessed. real underdog stuff. grrrrr! ;)

He wasn't the only one to under perform that day. Prefer not to talk about it though, coz it was a sh1t day for the Roos all round.

Under 17s Round 7

White Hills 7.5 (47) v Lockington Bamawm United 6.9 (45)
Broadford 9.8 (62) v Heathcote 5.7 (37)
Huntly 14.7 (91) v Colbinabbin 9.5 (59)
Elmore 3.4 (22) v North Bendigo 12.14 (86)

Boys there a night series starting at Stanhope on March 14th for 3rds teams. Games will be played Friday nights and Sunday twilight with Div 1 for major league teams and Div 2 for District leagues such as the HDFL.
Your teams in ensured 2 games with the teams finishing 1 and 2 playing off in the Grand Final. Prize money is up grabs along with player of the series awards etc. Get your team on board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back