Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean only some people are permitted to continue posting personal abuse?
Or do the rules apply to everybody?

Well yes they do
Rules are for all
No-ones panties are knotted
Or should be so

Cough cough cough, cough cough cough
All are happy, none follow Norf

That's not my logic...that's the logic of certain people who come up with BS like "footy IQ" because they can't accept that people have different opinions on footy. More than likely none of them have actually played footy at AFL level so they are no better qualified to comment than anyone else. But they constantly pretend that their footy knowledge is superior.

I am happy to be a non-expert just posting my own ramblings about footy. I make no claim to be doing anything other than giving my own opinion.
That you try to make it out like I am posting my views for some other reasons is simply because you don't like my opinion.
That's sad for you. Like the other self proclaimed footy experts, you'll just have to get over that everyone can have an opinion.

I know 2 Things.

You don't have to have played AFL To have a Football IQ & You cant put brains in a monument.

I’ve learnt one thing today about you is that you pot everyone and don’t come up with any answers to our woes .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's 2 things.
If you're going to be a troll you should at least be able to count to 2.

I know 2 things
This weeks gameplan will be the same as last weeks
We'll kick 0 goals in at least 2 quarters.

Last two games we have kicked at least a goal in every quarter (last goalless qtr was 3rd vs Adelaide in Rd2)....

Wow , get home and see all this.

Anyhow I don't want him sacked and to continue to the end of the season . He's been a fantastic coach , but time for a change , a complete freshen up.

Agree with this completely.
In my totally non-footy IQ perspective, Horse has been a great servant of our club. We have only 5 premierships and he coached one. Would have got another if the AFL hadn't decided there was more money in a Dogs flag. Never missed finals.

However I feel we are a little stale and if he leaves a year early, by agreement, so be it, but I don't want to see him sacked, forced out or humiliated. Now that would be "unSwanslike".

My guess FWIW is that while there is a belief we can get to finals, we will do the same things. I expect Horse will want to keep his record intact. Who wouldn't?
It is only after finals are gone that Horse will loosen the reins.

Personally I want to see how this long rebuild works out. Horse is not just tinkering with the game plan. He's realigning the whole playing group from the ground up. Skills, personnel, youth profile, leadership, coaches. There is a lot of change going on. A change of coach could see the whole thing come undone.

Swans in 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly does Rohan expect of course he was walking on eggshells with his performances.

The death of a child is a traumatic experience, and is much bigger than anything at a football club, he was entitled to expect that he had the support of his employers during this period. It reflects extremely poorly on the culture of the club and its management that he doesn't feel he received that.

I'm sorry but I'd expect more from the club than he should have performed better

The death of a child is a traumatic experience, and is much bigger than anything at a football club, he was entitled to expect that he had the support of his employers during this period. It reflects extremely poorly on the culture of the club and its management that he doesn't feel he received that.

I'm sorry but I'd expect more from the club than he should have performed better

Did the club not support him. Did the club not support him after his broken leg?

Did the club not support him after shitty GF appearances which would have seen players in the past delisted?

What else is the club suppose to do? The guy was on good coin thus the club had every right to expect more from him.

His form was poor for quite a while prior to the tragic events of last year and the club supported him brilliantly throughout all his trials and tribulations and I'd be very surprised if he thought or said otherwise.
I've met Gary a few times and he's a lovely bloke that loved the club and I know for certain (and it is a well known fact anyway) that he didn't want to leave so there could be a few reasons for saying that - perhaps it's a bit of sour grapes, though from what I know of him that's unlikely, or maybe he simply didn't articulate himself particularly well or it could simply be that his statement was selectively quoted!
Whatever the reason he's obviously enjoying his time at the Cats and good luck to him, but I really don't think anyone can say that Rohan was never given the chance to shine or that his trading shows that cracks are appearing.

Did the club not support him. Did the club not support him after his broken leg?

Did the club not support him after shitty GF appearances which would have seen players in the past delisted?

What else is the club suppose to do? The guy was on good coin thus the club had every right to expect more from him.
Good !

Personally I want to see how this long rebuild works out. Horse is not just tinkering with the game plan. He's realigning the whole playing group from the ground up. Skills, personnel, youth profile, leadership, coaches. There is a lot of change going on. A change of coach could see the whole thing come undone.

Swans in 2021
I agree with this. Unless things go really badly awry, I wouldn't be surprised to see him extended to 22.

NO THANKS
Yes, I know... you and most others disagree with me, and you all have a wealth of knowledge about the game and the club.

But I still think what I think, and I sometimes voice it...

Yes, I know... you and most others disagree with me, and you all have a wealth of knowledge about the game and the club.

But I still think what I think, and I sometimes voice it...
That's fair and your right , it's nice to be civil about it , not like a couple . Although one seems to have been caught in a net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back