Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have stayed out of the longmire thread quite deliberately for about 6 months, I accidentally replied here without realising it was the wrong thread.

I shall withdraw, return to neutrality, and allow the warring longmire factions to continue unhindered. Apologies Ted

I just don't think we were going to be a very good team whilst transitioning new players in our team with new roles?
McInerny & Blakey alone will guarantee we aren't a strong team through 4 quarters.

People will say excuses, but it's fact.
Macca in for McInerny would have been two goals saved one way & two goals gained the other at least.

I have stayed out of the longmire thread quite deliberately for about 6 months, I accidentally replied here without realising it was the wrong thread.

I shall withdraw, return to neutrality, and allow the warring longmire factions to continue unhindered. Apologies Ted

No need to apologise S51.
In the first half when Horse wasn't coaching we played a fine attacking brand & then Horse came back & coached in the second half so those wanting him out are clearly justified. No argument from me there.

Why isnt there pressure on all the new assistants we brought in?

We have been putrid since we got the likes of Stevie J and Cox. Not to mention our defence has been crap (Tadgh) and our mids even more crapola (kirk)

Longmire was coach in the second half apparently!:rolleyes:

Yes he went into the game with a slightly better attitude. The problem is what it always is and that is the moment an opposition team gets any sort of run on Longmire goes ultra defensive. We all saw the moment Reid went back, and from that point onwards (the moment Longmire went ultra-defensive) the Swans were smashed and had no real chance of winning. Longmire would rather go defensive and lose by a small amount, but almost certainly going to lose, rather than attack, risking losing by more, but also raising the chance of actually winning.

Why isnt there pressure on all the new assistants we brought in?

We have been putrid since we got the likes of Stevie J and Cox. Not to mention our defence has been crap (Tadgh) and our mids even more crapola (kirk)

Typically when a senior coach is canned a few of his assistants are given their marching orders as well, so they aren't getting off scott free

Why don't they get any public pressure? Because a good leader of an organisation should take responsibility for what is going on beneath them. If Stevie J/Cox and co are a problem then Longmire is answerable as a) he would've had input on their selection and b) he's had them under his wing for 12 months and hasn't taken any action to remedy the problem

FWIW Longmire has flown under the radar and isn't under any pressure from the media whatsoever so I doubt the assistance will cop any flak

Surely the research room has answers to this.

Naaaaawwww.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200 games in you would have to say that this is the team Longmire wanted and built.

He has even had the luxury of 3 shenanigan picks now and all have resulted in players drafted with lower draft picks than they were worth at the time of the draft.

If he was basically relying on Naismith to be it and it alone in the ruck then, yeh, well oops.

Not having a ruckman to compete at all is on him not the players having to carry the slack. Having your number 1 ruckman injured is not some wild out the blue thing that never happens. WCE managed to win the whole damn thing with arguably one of the best modern rucks on the sidelines for the best part of the season.

And for mine anyway this is his creation, playing his style, with similar skills on display as we have seen in the past.

He had his best team on the paddock pretty much from the get go sans his number 1 ruck (apparently) that I think we can all agree Sam is hardly going to rate a mention in any discussion around the best 18 rucks in the AFL at the moment.

I mean if we are going to give Horse a pass then when do we actually question him?

I just don't think we were going to be a very good team whilst transitioning new players in our team with new roles?
McInerny & Blakey alone will guarantee we aren't a strong team through 4 quarters.

People will say excuses, but it's fact.
Macca in for McInerny would have been two goals saved one way & two goals gained the other at least.
Crap

It's amazing how often you know what other people will do...

Also just had a similar discussion with my wife

Did she ring you or something

Allir played well in the ruck in pre-season and round 1 so I don't believe he is a poor ruck, and you'd be on here spouting about how brilliant Longmire is if he did

You surely must know him personally because nobody who knows anything about football could be on here blindly defending him so much. And that's fine, I get he's a real person who is doing the best he can, but at the same time he's paid a lot of money and he has a responsibility as a custodian of the club, and supporters have a right to an opinion. I don't think anyone on this board is a troll who wants Longmire to fail

You clearly have no idea what "blind defending" actually means.
Nobody said anything about supporters not having a right to an opinion, save your tears.
About the only thing in your post that is not utter nonsense is that Longmire has a responsibility as a custodian of the club.
Unfortunately you seem to think doing what you want = Longmire fulfilling that obligation.

For some people on this board the answer is never.
You've all been questioning him for years.
That's your right I guess.
I just find it totally amusing that the club absolutely love him & may give him an extension.
I'll keep reading this thread with keen interest because some of you really believe he is keeping his job because of a few posters that don't think he is the problem.
How dare us posters keep him as our coach.
Have a read back through the hostilities over the years directed at some posters just giving their reasons as to why they think he should stay, but them the anger thrown at us is brainless to say the least.

Just make your comment that you don't want him for reasons a b & c but don't keep refreshing your posts everytime we lose because we know how those people think & you know how we think.
He's our coach for another two years. Deal with it. We just may lose another 15 games this season. He just may move on amicably or with hostility at year's end but I doubt that.
Enjoy the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back