Strategy Head Coach: John Longmire - Part III

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Sydney
Moderator #1,078
Agree however buddy they used buddys name in the marketing campaign for the lions. "Come see the lions tenacious defenders against buddy franklin"...costs the afl money when he doesnt play
Doesn't cost the AFL money at all. The AFL doesn't keep the gate takings.

That's the Lions fault, not ours. Same if we used a player in our marketing and they pulled out late.

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
We are up **** creek without a paddle. If we get a new coach in next season we can't do any worse than we will be this season, Horse isn't up to it anymore. But lets be honest, our next serious tilt at a flag won't be until we get Franklin's wage bill off the books because we won't be winning one with him and he ties up a lot of cap space.
Close to $3M + off the books this and last year. Cash is not a problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Sydney
Moderator #1,094
Isnt there some sort if rule where you can go below that 95%for a year ?
No. If you don't spend to 100% in a single year (so say we are using 97% our cap this year) you can use the un-used amount in one of the following two years to go over the cap (so using the example I gave above, our cap would be 103% for a single year.

RW

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Thread starter #1,097
No. If you don't spend to 100% in a single year (so say we are using 97% our cap this year) you can use the un-used amount in one of the following two years to go over the cap (so using the example I gave above, our cap would be 103% for a single year.
I actually like this idea, as it gives clubs some flexibility in managing their cap.

Top Bottom