Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said that then agreed with the only criticism that was raised

Maybe you have two heads :p

Ha ha I deserved that.

In all seriousness it’s only a minor criticism as I thought we were spent at the end.

As is the automatic leap to the defence of Longmire irrespective of the circumstances. People are not being vitriolic. That is your narrative and frankly your behaviour.

Personally I'd rate the Coach's performance as 75%. He coached a great win getting a lot out of some players he has never shown trust in. COR, Dawson and Fox for starters.

Got some match ups right (Clarke on Higgins) and some terribly wrong (Thurlow on Turner). He parked the bus too early as usual and list points for that.

You are so far in the red you have no choice but to keep doubling down. (You, as in the vitriolic haters of the coach)
Horse could take us to a flag this year and still you would go on and on and on and on and on about that one time at band camp.

No coach ever gets it 100% right.

On top of nit-picking & turning even the most minute thing into the sky is falling in you have tried to substantiate your argument with rubbish like "lost the players", "coaching the flair out of the kids", "playing favourites"...you've only done so because your argument against the coach has such little substance.

No doubt you will once again claim blind defending of Horse because your argument has such little substance.

We have already seen the displacement from the Horse haters...Reid is so bad, Reid needs to be dropped, Reid is so bad.

Still the mail is Carlton or North.

That has cheered me up.

Oddly enough I think he is coaching well at the moment. Maybe his game day coaching has lifted by moving to the bench.

That has cheered me up.

Oddly enough I think he is coaching well at the moment. Maybe his game day coaching has lifted by moving to the bench.
Maybe by moving to the bench, he has taken a greater control of things. A lot of maybes but we are all guessing here but I repeat, it sure didn't look like he is on the nose with the players the last two weeks after the games. In fact, I'd go as far as saying the players love him.

He can’t control skills and performance so we can’t really credit anything to him the last two weeks right :p

lol ... yes Mr The King. Some folk here credit our good performances to the coach and the losses are due to the absence of skills and failure to adhere to the game plan by the players.

I can imagine what the content of this thread is and what specific posters have said, but publicly calling out his team was a bit of a masterstroke.

The way he's got the team playing is a testament to his coaching ability.

Average 53 games per player, average age under 24, no player over 200 games.

Yet, still beat a team vastly bigger and more experienced, because Brad Scott was out coached.

I can imagine what the content of this thread is and what specific posters have said, but publicly calling out his team was a bit of a masterstroke.

Yet, still beat a team vastly bigger and more experienced, because Brad Scott was out coached.

Agree

had a very good week,

now to do it against some good teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Scott is a low bar

The players won the North game. Their pressure around the ground was the reason we got such a comfortable lead.

Doesn't matter what the bar is. That was the second youngest team of the round behind the GCS, and still pulled off a significant result.

That's a huge loss for North, and a huge win for the Swans, given their challenges.

did he pull off the losses this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back