Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
That's not my logic...that's the logic of certain people who come up with BS like "footy IQ" because they can't accept that people have different opinions on footy. More than likely none of them have actually played footy at AFL level so they are no better qualified to comment than anyone else. But they constantly pretend that their footy knowledge is superior.

I am happy to be a non-expert just posting my own ramblings about footy. I make no claim to be doing anything other than giving my own opinion.
That you try to make it out like I am posting my views for some other reasons is simply because you don't like my opinion.
That's sad for you. Like the other self proclaimed footy experts, you'll just have to get over that everyone can have an opinion.

My philosophy is similar to that expressed by Bloodied52, everyone has the right to an opinion on here and I don't have an issue if it contradicts mine. Perhaps you could consider toning down the aggression in your posts instead of sneering at anyone who disagrees with you as knowing nothing

If you feel I'm too aggressive I'll show you the same courtesy

Gun Island

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
They want the coach sacked, that's it. That will make the players kick straight and not miss handballs because "sources" say he has lost the players and "sources" say he is going to a Vic club.

To understand any of it, you must first get a footy IQ.
I checked, they don't sell them on Ebay.
I heard you can get one by playing 2nds for some amateur team back in the day.

Why do you dismiss other posters at will , some might be right.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gun Island

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
That's not my logic...that's the logic of certain people who come up with BS like "footy IQ" because they can't accept that people have different opinions on footy. More than likely none of them have actually played footy at AFL level so they are no better qualified to comment than anyone else. But they constantly pretend that their footy knowledge is superior.

I am happy to be a non-expert just posting my own ramblings about footy. I make no claim to be doing anything other than giving my own opinion.
That you try to make it out like I am posting my views for some other reasons is simply because you don't like my opinion.
That's sad for you. Like the other self proclaimed footy experts, you'll just have to get over that everyone can have an opinion.

Some people might have a good footy IQ as you say , some obviously don’t.

Can’t say I have since the early 90’s

Replacements? Caracalla is the next anointed one, I also rated Rattens time at the Blues and he has been at Hawthorn under the best since

Actually Ratten is now at St Kilda, moved there at the end of last year.

Fishbone

Debutant
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
If Ratten is such a master coach in the waiting, then why is there been a LOOONG gap between his last coaching gig in the AFL?

If Ratten is such a master coach in the waiting, then why is there been a LOOONG gap between his last coaching gig in the AFL?

Apart from the obvious death in his family (In which he may have just wanted a role with less responsibility).

Some coaches simply take time to find their feet at senior level (Think Hardwick, Buckley and even Clarkson). He probably rushed his first senior role (I still think he was unfairly sacked) and decided to get more apprenticeship time before moving to a senior role.

Probably more than enough reason to want to come to Sydney!

That or Manus Island. Guantanamo Bay would have its compensations compared to the Saints at Moorabbin.

Fishbone

Debutant
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Apart from the obvious death in his family (In which he may have just wanted a role with less responsibility).

Some coaches simply take time to find their feet at senior level (Think Hardwick, Buckley and even Clarkson). He probably rushed his first senior role (I still think he was unfairly sacked) and decided to get more apprenticeship time before moving to a senior role.

I don't think he is a good game day coach. I do think he is a good man manager.

Big difference.

Come on guys, keep it civil.
Completely agree. Civil & respectful is all anyone wants. Have whatever opinion you want... just play the ball not the man. Keep your cool & treat others as you wish to be treated. It really is that simple.

However... This is a warning.

I'll start grabbing some cards instead of just deleting posts if this childish name calling & baiting continues.

Respect is a two way street. Show some & you will get some.

Some people might have a good footy IQ as you say , some obviously don’t.

Footy IQ? I know you can see it on the field. Here's one example of a player who had it and one who did not.

At the G. The ball is tumbling in its wayward way to the fwd pocket, 40m out from our goal.

Goodesy is in hot pursuit with two Oppo on his tail. Towers is trailing back a little. Adam knows the ball will likely go out and if he collects he will be tackled over the line.

He has sensed Deano trundling behind over his left shoulder. He points to his left and deftly taps the ball back to Deano. I can see the look of surprise on Deanos face as the ball bounced to him. He was clear of the wrong footed defenders. Still in shock he snagged a behind. Goodesy did not even shake his head. He ran to defend the kick in.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
We are one game off 5th.
Season no where near gone.
As magnificent as the Dees were tge other night to "get their season on track" they still sit 11% below us.

For me it is and isn't about the win loss column.

Over the past 7 or so years we have moved away from slingshot footy to something that is a very ineffective chip and pagans paddockesque game plan that is getting burnt time and again by quick movement.

Feel we are a step or two behind strategically

For me it is and isn't about the win loss column.

Over the past 7 or so years we have moved away from slingshot footy to something that is a very ineffective chip and pagans paddockesque game plan that is getting burnt time and again by quick movement.

Feel we are a step or two behind strategically

There it is. In a nutshell.

Completely agree. Civil & respectful is all anyone wants. Have whatever opinion you want... just play the ball not the man. Keep your cool & treat others as you wish to be treated. It really is that simple.

However... This is a warning.

I'll start grabbing some cards instead of just deleting posts if this childish name calling & baiting continues.

Respect is a two way street. Show some & you will get some.

Does that mean only some people are permitted to continue posting personal abuse?
Or do the rules apply to everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back