Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree however buddy they used buddys name in the marketing campaign for the lions. "Come see the lions tenacious defenders against buddy franklin"...costs the afl money when he doesnt play

Doesn't cost the AFL money at all. The AFL doesn't keep the gate takings.

That's the Lions fault, not ours. Same if we used a player in our marketing and they pulled out late.

We are up **** creek without a paddle. If we get a new coach in next season we can't do any worse than we will be this season, Horse isn't up to it anymore. But lets be honest, our next serious tilt at a flag won't be until we get Franklin's wage bill off the books because we won't be winning one with him and he ties up a lot of cap space.

Close to $3M + off the books this and last year. Cash is not a problem

I don't think we will get it. We are better than Gold Coast and Carlton so I think we will get pick 3.

dont be negative

we are the spoon favourite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton and the Suns are ahead of us in the markets for the spoon. Crows will be hoping that we lift.

we can do it , i have faith

in all honesty if its bottom 3-4 I'd rather last

Isnt there some sort if rule where you can go below that 95%for a year ?

No. If you don't spend to 100% in a single year (so say we are using 97% our cap this year) you can use the un-used amount in one of the following two years to go over the cap (so using the example I gave above, our cap would be 103% for a single year.

Isnt there some sort if rule where you can go below that 95%for a year ?

Yes.

If we don't pick up an elite mid in the trades, we should bring Buddy and Heeney payments forward.

No. If you don't spend to 100% in a single year (so say we are using 97% our cap this year) you can use the un-used amount in one of the following two years to go over the cap (so using the example I gave above, our cap would be 103% for a single year.

I actually like this idea, as it gives clubs some flexibility in managing their cap.

Which is complete bull. We should be allowed to increase Buddy's payments in 2020 in order to decrease them in 2021 and 2022 if we have the ability to do so.
The reverse is that the Hawks had to keep Vickery’s salary in the cap even though he retired after the first year of his deal. A free agents salary is stuck to the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back