Coach John Longmire - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The reverse is that the Hawks had to keep Vickery’s salary in the cap even though he retired after the first year of his deal. A free agents salary is stuck to the cap.

I am fine with the Swans paying Buddy every cent of his contract, I just want us to be able to move the salary around to pay him more next year and less later on.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I am fine with the Swans paying Buddy every cent of his contract, I just want us to be able to move the salary around to pay him more next year and less later on.
They’ve structured it that way for a reason. Reasons known to the club and the AFL and maybe relative to the salary cap increases.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Agree however buddy they used buddys name in the marketing campaign for the lions. "Come see the lions tenacious defenders against buddy franklin"...costs the afl money when he doesnt play
Well if we're going to lose, better to lose money for the non viable Vic clubs.
Make no mistake, if our crowds & tv audiences go down significantly it will send a big F Y reminder of why they need us up there as the revenue we make the competition keeps 6 Vic teams afloat when the Vic & Tassie governments & pokie machines aren't.

You're fine with it but you keep crying about our 'crap players' that get games. Their crap because Buddy has all the money in the stands.
Be happy but don't complain about depth when we all knew what signing him meant.

buddys annual salary is not an outlier in the league

if he has 15% of the cap theres 85% left being wasted

You're fine with it but you keep crying about our 'crap players' that get games. Their crap because Buddy has all the money in the stands.
Be happy but don't complain about depth when we all knew what signing him meant.
He isnt the sole reason Ted

Overrating blokes and paying them to much like Reid , Mills etc , also giving out to long contracts like Jack , Hanners , Tippett

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Didn’t John fly to Queensland the day after the 12GF to get Tippett to sign

I presume he had some input in who he wants playing under him
Yes he did & Buddy too.
All I'm trying to point out with all this is that we can't blame the club, coaches, recruiters, players for the predicament we are in now when they are only guilty of having a crack that nearly came off. A lot went wrong but plenty nearly went right. So we'll be back soon.

Yes he did & Buddy too.
All I'm trying to point out with all this is that we can't blame the club, coaches, recruiters, players for the predicament we are in now when they are only guilty of having a crack that nearly came off. A lot went wrong but plenty nearly went right. So we'll be back soon.

Do you think longmire has shown he can develop players?

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Since winning the 2012 Flag, Longmire has made the decision to seriously over-rate Tippett and Reid.

Maybe because he was a key fwd he has a thing for tall forwards, I don't know.

This error of judgment has been his fatal flaw and the two key decisions that will see him leave the club in a far worse state than we he arrived.

Well if we're going to lose, better to lose money for the non viable Vic clubs.
Make no mistake, if our crowds & tv audiences go down significantly it will send a big F Y reminder of why they need us up there as the revenue we make the competition keeps 6 Vic teams afloat when the Vic & Tassie governments & pokie machines aren't.

AFL have their own baby now Ted.
Don't be surprised if they have no qualms about sending us to the wall at the same time as they give GWS whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back