Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gets annoyed at thread
Actually, I don't get annoyed at the thread & if people think Horse should go that's fine.
I would like to know how a new coach addresses the situation with $1.5M of our cap taken up by one player for the next 3 years.
What does this new person do differently to Horse in these next 3 years?

Actually, I don't get annoyed at the thread & if people think Horse should go that's fine.
I would like to know how a new coach addresses the situation with $1.5M of our cap taken up by one player for the next 3 years.

Hey is buddy on 1.5 million? You haven’t mentioned that

Horse helped create the list which you acknowledge is not right

So because he messed it up he can stay? Ok

Circa $2.5M will be freed up this year from retirements. This is on top of the circa $1.3M freed by the Hanners and Grohan salary dumps. Money is not the issue.

Circa $2.5M will be freed up this year from retirements. This is on top of the circa $1.3M freed by the Hanners and Grohan salary dumps. Money is not the issue.

Money is the issue

We can’t pay this past it coach to go yet

No where else to really put it but here are our inside 50's since round 1 in 2018

Round 1 vs West Coast - 52 to 60
Round 2 vs Port Adelaide - 52 to 52
Round 3 vs GWS - 50 to 54
Round 4 vs Bulldogs - 42 to 60

Round 5 vs Adelaide - 64 to 48
Round 6 vs Geelong - 52 to 52
Round 7 vs North Melbourne - 58 to 48
Round 8 vs Hawthorn - 39 to 63
Round 9 vs Fremantle - 60 to 50
Round 10 vs Brisbane - 51 to 56
Round 11 vs Carlton - 62 to 41
Round 12 vs St Kilda - 49 to 52
Round 13 vs West Coast - 52 to 63
Round 15 vs Richmond - 43 to 61
Round 16 vs Geelong - 46 to 59

Round 17 vs North Melbourne - 52 to 51
Round 18 vs Gold Coast - 48 to 61
Round 19 vs Essendon - 72 to 39
Round 20 vs Collingwood - 50 to 52
Round 21 vs Melbourne - 43 to 60

Round 22 vs GWS - 55 to 49
Round 23 vs Hawthorn - 53 to 50

Elimination Final vs GWS - 38 to 63

Round 1 vs Western Bulldogs - 47 to 68
Round 2 vs Adelaide - 55 to 53
Round 3 vs Carlton - 53 to 53
Round 4 vs Melbourne 53 to 59
Round 5 vs Richmond 41 to 64
Round 6 vs GWS - 46 to 57
Round 7 vs Brisbane - 40 to 76

So that is

Played 30 games

Lost inside 50 count - 19
Won inside 50 count - 8
Inside 50 count even - 3

No where else to really put it but here are our inside 50's since round 1 in 2018

Round 1 vs West Coast - 52 to 60
Round 2 vs Port Adelaide - 52 to 52
Round 3 vs GWS - 50 to 54
Round 4 vs Bulldogs - 42 to 60

Round 5 vs Adelaide - 64 to 48
Round 6 vs Geelong - 52 to 52
Round 7 vs North Melbourne - 58 to 48
Round 8 vs Hawthorn - 39 to 63
Round 9 vs Fremantle - 60 to 50
Round 10 vs Brisbane - 51 to 56
Round 11 vs Carlton - 62 to 41
Round 12 vs St Kilda - 49 to 52
Round 13 vs West Coast - 52 to 63
Round 15 vs Richmond - 43 to 61
Round 16 vs Geelong - 46 to 59

Round 17 vs North Melbourne - 52 to 51
Round 18 vs Gold Coast - 48 to 61
Round 19 vs Essendon - 72 to 39
Round 20 vs Collingwood - 50 to 52
Round 21 vs Melbourne - 43 to 60

Round 22 vs GWS - 55 to 49
Round 23 vs Hawthorn - 53 to 50

Elimination Final vs GWS - 38 to 63

Round 1 vs Western Bulldogs - 47 to 68
Round 2 vs Adelaide - 55 to 53
Round 3 vs Carlton - 53 to 53
Round 4 vs Melbourne 53 to 59
Round 5 vs Richmond 41 to 64
Round 6 vs GWS - 46 to 57
Round 7 vs Brisbane - 40 to 76

So that is

Played 30 games

Lost inside 50 count - 19
Won inside 50 count - 8
Inside 50 count even - 3

Shows how much Buddy carries the side. To operate at his level of excellence with the above is astounding.

He has won Horse so many games and papered over so many cracks.

Shows how much Buddy carries the side. To operate at his level of excellence with the above is astounding.

He has won Horse so many games and papered over so many cracks.

It is beginning to get out of control as well as last year we had a -5.7 difference between our inside 50's and our oppositions but this year that number has ballooned out to -13.6 which is comfortably last in the competition.

-13.6 is pretty much the same number Carlton had in 2018, meaning our 2019 midfield is statistically almost the same as the Carlton 2018 midfield.

It is beginning to get out of control as well as last year we had a -5.7 difference between our inside 50's and our oppositions but this year that number has ballooned out to -13.6 which is comfortably last in the competition.

-13.6 is pretty much the same number Carlton had in 2018, meaning our 2019 midfield is statistically almost the same as the Carlton 2018 midfield.[/QUOTEa
And someone has to take the blame.

You have over played your hand with this card. The Coach knew this was the case when he he went out and got him. You can't deny it. So If indeed there is any accuracy to what you have said many times on repeat him and his cronies should have managed the list better under the constraints caused by it or never recruited him at all. But he did and the buck stops with him. As for wasting Franklin's unquestionable brilliance and ability to dominate all comers with a shitty defensive limit the damage game plan that is on him as well. So you see he is a big contributor to the current debacle and rightly should cop the s**t that is thrown at him. Do I think he should pack his bags and **** off ? Never been an advocate for sacking coaches and right up till a couple of weeks a go I still was prepared to see how things turned out. Now I just see a Coach who has run his race and by the way taken this club back to the bottom of the ladder and set standards where mediocrity will once again become a familiar culture of this club or the acceptance of it. That would be, judging by some of the s**t I read on here anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have over played your hand with this card. The Coach knew this was the case when he he went out and got him. You can't deny it. So If indeed there is any accuracy to what you have said many times on repeat him and his cronies should have managed the list better under the constraints caused by it or never recruited him at all. But he did and the buck stops with him. As for wasting Franklin's unquestionable brilliance and ability to dominate all comers with a shitty defensive limit the damage game plan that is on him as well. So you see he is a big contributor to the current debacle and rightly should cop the **** that is thrown at him. Do I think he should pack his bags and **** off ? Never been an advocate for sacking coaches and right up till a couple of weeks a go I still was prepared to see how things turned out. Now I just see a Coach who has run his race and by the way taken this club back to the bottom of the ladder and set standards where mediocrity will once again become a familiar culture of this club or the acceptance of it. That would be, judging by some of the **** I read on here anyway.

Good reply Wolfy. Yeah he is definitely part of the group that got Buddy. It will still be interesting to see how the next coach handles the last two or three years of Buddy's contract. I like to look ahead before leaping & removing a current coach because to attract anyone decent, they won't want their hands tied with who they can bring to the club & who to keep while waiting for Buddy's contract to expire & while he is at his worst physically. So in other words, would it not be better for Horse to just see out his contract at the end of 2020, that leaves 2 years more for Bud & allows us to attract a coach that won't be defined in his first 3 years as another one who "couldn't use Buddy".
I mean, we are assuming here that Buddy will be a joy to coach in his last 2 years.

How did Longmire waste Franklin’s brilliance?

This thread has always been a fact free zone relative to the rest of the board...

Good reply Wolfy. Yeah he is definitely part of the group that got Buddy. It will still be interesting to see how the next coach handles the last two or three years of Buddy's contract. I like to look ahead before leaping & removing a current coach because to attract anyone decent, they won't want their hands tied with who they can bring to the club & who to keep while waiting for Buddy's contract to expire & while he is at his worst physically. So in other words, would it not be better for Horse to just see out his contract at the end of 2020, that leaves 2 years more for Bud & allows us to attract a coach that won't be defined in his first 3 years as another one who "couldn't use Buddy".
I mean, we are assuming here that Buddy will be a joy to coach in his last 2 years.

Franklin would be a joy to coach even at 40 years Old. No footballer has ever graced an AFL Football ground with the likes of his Athletic ability. Put that together with the competitive beast he is, his football genius and skill and most coaches would just love the pleasure to have a chance to be associated with him. If the Swans put out a memo Tomorrow saying they would talk trades for him The Sydney Telephone Exchange would be under more pressure than Beford's Blood after one of his past escapades at The Bourbon & Beef. Ted if Longmire does see out his contract and was replaced after that what sort of condition do You think this list will be In ? He Certainly won't be handing over the keys to the same type of Vehicle Roos handed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back