Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Franklin would be a joy to coach even at 40 years Old. No footballer has ever graced an AFL Football ground with the likes of his Athletic ability. Put that together with the competitive beast he is, his football genius and skill and most coaches would just love the pleasure to have a chance to be associated with him. If the Swans put out a memo Tomorrow saying they would talk trades for him The Sydney Telephone Exchange would be under more pressure than Beford's Blood after one of his past escapades at The Bourbon & Beef. Ted if Longmire does see out his contract and was replaced after that what sort of condition do You think this list will be In ? He Certainly won't be handing over the keys to the same type of Vehicle Roos handed him.
I just think we need to see what happens by season's end. There's a long way to go & plenty more games of development in these youngsters.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
they have to defend horse somehow

I didn't say which of the warring Longmire factions I was referring to. ;)

Both sides have been guilty at times as emotions have been getting the better of people on both sides of the debate, but that's ok as that's kind of what this board is for. :)

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Great answear. But how did he waste Frabklin’s brilliance?

His gameplan based on the way The Forward line has been structured over the last 2 Years and the movement of the football. Also allowing The spare to continually have an influence on his ability to win the ball one on one inside 50. If you have a different opinion fine. Do you want further explanation ?

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
When you have a big lead just try kicking one more rather than go ultra defensive too early

Almost undid all the good work

We kicked the opening goal of the last.

I think the boys were just spent and we started getting beaten fairly comprehensive in the midfield which saw a lot of inside 50s generated for them.

I feel if we hadn’t moved more players behind the ball they would have continued to dominate the midfield but get better forward entries and we would have lost the game.

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney

I think the boys were just spent and we started getting beaten fairly comprehensive in the midfield which saw a lot of inside 50s generated for them.

I feel if we hadn’t moved more players behind the ball they would have continued to dominate the midfield but get better forward entries and we would have lost the game.
Plus we were down Jones from early in the game.

I thought his set ups last night were excellent generally

Clarke tagging was a good move for a player lacking confidence/bit limited

True we kicked the last I think we tried to hold them off early though and if they pay that free or that north flog doesn’t play on it doesn’t work again either

It’s a tough call obviously especially down a rotation

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty harsh to criticise Horse for last night given we had such an inexperienced side.

I did think we went too defensive late in the game though.

Pretty harsh to criticise Horse for last night given we had such an inexperienced side.

You said that then agreed with the only criticism that was raised

Maybe you have two heads :p

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
True we kicked the last I think we tried to hold them off early though and if they pay that free or that north flog doesn’t play on it doesn’t work again either

It’s a tough call obviously especially down a rotation

We missed to many sitters and kept them in the game we should of had a 6 goal lead into the last rather than just 3 goals

Heeney was out of the game for ~15mins so for a time we were 2 rotations down.

How many times over the last 5 years have the various footy shows gone into the minute detail of how teams should have closed games down?
You could see at 3Q time the players were gasping for air.
The vitriolic criticism of the coach is not harsh it is totally ridiculous...but to be expected around these parts these days.

How many times over the last 5 years have the various footy shows gone into the minute detail of how teams should have closed games down?
You could see at 3Q time the players were gasping for air.
The vitriolic criticism of the coach is not harsh it is totally ridiculous...but to be expected around these parts these days.

As is the automatic leap to the defence of Longmire irrespective of the circumstances. People are not being vitriolic. That is your narrative and frankly your behaviour.

Personally I'd rate the Coach's performance as 75%. He coached a great win getting a lot out of some players he has never shown trust in. COR, Dawson and Fox for starters.

Got some match ups right (Clarke on Higgins) and some terribly wrong (Thurlow on Turner). He parked the bus too early as usual and list points for that.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I think last night the strategy was not unlike when we played Melbourne after a 5 day break. Horse knew we'd be found wanting late (due to the number of youngsters) and had them play all out attack early. Unfortunately in both games our conversion was pretty poor. I think we hit the post 5 times last night.

The problem is if you keep trying to play high attack footy when the players are cooked you get scored against very heavily because the skill level drops off and you turn the ball over.

I think Horse parked the bus at exactly the point he felt that that was happening. If he hadn't, we'd have lost by 4 goals. Good for draft picks. Bad for a winning culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back