Heading into 2022 - make the big calls

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pretty simple. Make a call that we can all scrutinize so as the year progresses we can shower each other with praise or derision, or both.

Mine: Marra will play more games than Schache this season.

Dunkley will take Libba's first rotation CB spot by the end of the year.

Stef Martin will retire before the end of the year but stay on as a development coach

Ed Richards cements a best 22 place.

Riley Garcia has a great year and is headhunted by West Coast.

One of our big mids is out much of the year with injury.

Our first debutant is McComb.

Due to Covid infections among the mids, Parker plays Round 1.

Holds his place in the team during the season.

Kicks the winning goal in the GF against surprise GF opponents the Suns, who had the best luck and best Covid controls in the comp.

Dan Hannebery and St Kilda are first seen on the same AFL football field together in Round 3, until a season ending hammie in the 7th minute takes him out of the game.

Bombers make the finals and lead all game in the knockout semi final vs Swans until Stringer couldn't be ****ed tackling, ball shoots forward and Heeney kicks the winning goal.

Last edited:

1 Josh Dunkley will re sign for 3 more years and be made Vice Captain for the Western Bulldogs

2 By round 2 somebody on this board will be complaining that they have to buy tickets for seats to our games and pay 10 $ for that procedure

Caleb Daniel does double duty in the forward line and kicks 15.

Bailey Dale will play more VFL than AFL

Josh Bruce makes a dramatic comeback in Round 5, kicking ten goals against, yes, you guessed it, North Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed Richards cements a best 22 place.

Riley Garcia has a great year and is headhunted by West Coast.

One of our big mids is out much of the year with injury.

Our first debutant is McComb.
I actully think each of these is very good and quite likely.

Yes, I doubt Bailey Dale will ever have a better year than he had in 2021. That's probably his peak and we should just hope he can stay close to it over the coming seasons.

Like Bailey Williams the year before (and you could perhaps include Caleb Daniel in this, although he had already proved himself to be a very good player) Dale had the raw skills which he had shown from early in his career. He just needed the guidance and the role in which he could develop confidence and excel.

So where do we look for the next Bailey Williams or Bailey Dale? Who has been around for a few years and has shown he has all the skills and attributes but just underachieved?

I reckon Ed Richards is set to be that player in 2022. If not him, maybe Riley Garcia, Josh Schache or Rhylee West.

1. JUH leads our goalkicking

2. Josh Bruce never plays for us again

3. Zaine Cordy plays less than 6 games

1. JUH leads our goalkicking

2. Josh Bruce never plays for us again

3. Zaine Cordy plays less than 6 games

I agreee. I expect our backline talls to be Keath, Gardner, and O'Brien, with Raak, Cleary, Parker, and maybe Darcy competing to get one of their places.

Libba’s form will decline through injury / age and this + the harder draw means we hit the wall a la 2017 and maybe just scrape in to finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back