Northhawker

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2009
Over the river
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melb Heart, SA Spurs
Hi guys, know you probably get a lot of these, but just looking for a bit of a hand. Myself and a mate are state league footballers down here in Tassie for North Hobart and are moving over to study at Deakin next year, probably living on campus at this stage.

We probably wont head over til around January-February but we are pretty keen to get into contact with a club before we leave so we're not stuffing around once we get there, and can get straight into training, meet the players etc.

Can you guys reccommend any clubs? What standard would we be at?
Just for a bit of background, we will both be 19 next year, I've played 10 senior TSL games (first game at 17), runner up in Colts B&F at North in 2010. Play on the wing/half forward.

My mate is a bit of a gun midfielder, has played around 25ish senior games (first game at 16), and represented Tassie in the Under 18 nats last year. (Actually kicked the first goal in the div 2 grand final against Queensland).

Both extremely competitive young blokes (probably a bit too much so at times!) and very keen to get into it once we get over next year!

Any help would be great, thanks!

If you want to play 3rd Division, come down to Wantirna South. :D

However, if your playing TSL, you should probably be playing first division. East Burwood is just down the road from Deakin (Burwood Campus).

I'd try Balwyn as well - they pay pretty good and is close to Deakin as well.
Thye turn over a lot of players each year so fresh young talent is always highly regarded and well looked after.
The current coach is an ex-Noble Park player (don't hold that against him) called Donati - and is an absolutely excellent coach.

Thanks for that guys! Did a bit of research and had a look at the EFL and been very impressed with what ive seen so far! Do you reckon we would be cracking a game in Div 1? Many ex-AFL blokes going around in that?

Div 1 EFL has a name as being the best standard outside of AFL/VFL but it is hard tough Footy played on mainly small suburban grounds. Over 80 tackles per game is quite common.
Not many 18 yr olds get a run at Div 1 level but it can be done, from your background I think you would have shot if you are serious enough.

The orange tigers football club located in orange nsw and plays in the central west afl is seeking a senior coach for the 2013 season. The club finished 3rd in the seniors, 1st in reserves and 3rd in under 17 this season. If you would like to take charge of a exciting young club forward your details to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back