Competitions Health and fitness

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Howdy all,

As we all know we're currently knees deep in a shitshow that seems to not have a finish date. Fitness it would seem is even more imperative than before. So here is a thread where you can share ideas, chat about your gains, goals or losses. Seek advice and share success or failures, hey we all have them. Maybe if you're lacking motivation come on here and admit it and someone will kick your arse. lol

You don't need to be an athlete of course. For me I hope to hit 85kg's I'm currently 80.3kg's . I joined a gym after many years away after my 'event' in December of 19. It left the right side of my body weaker. i can now say the right side is my stronger side I am proud of that.

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'm working the opposite way. I was 115 start of 2019. Worked down to 92 by June 2020 and am hovering at 95 now.

Would love to get down to 85 and am hanging for gyms to reopen.

Currently biking 3x a week and running.

Hit a total distance of 100km for the month of June and a PB of 14km in one run.

Anyone got an good recos for a gym mat? I'm trying pilates at the moment but a towel doesn't cut it.

I'm working the opposite way. I was 115 start of 2019. Worked down to 92 by June 2020 and am hovering at 95 now.

Would love to get down to 85 and am hanging for gyms to reopen.

Currently biking 3x a week and running.

Hit a total distance of 100km for the month of June and a PB of 14km in one run.

Anyone got an good recos for a gym mat? I'm trying pilates at the moment but a towel doesn't cut it.
Wow, if you don’t mind me asking what where your splits on your 14k run? That’s amazing

king rising

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have found my investment in a spin bike prior to the lockdown last year to be one of the best I’ve ever made. Thought I’d go all out and get a brand new one and it hasn’t disappointed. I do two sessions a day, one when I first wake up prior to breakfast, then one at the end of the working day- 45 minutes per. It has really allowed me to stay in routine make a positive gain both mentally and physically during these otherwise tough times. Would recommend to anyone of any age, given they are easy to use. Can be on the expensive side, but I have mates who have gone the second hand option and proved to be very affordable.

I have found my investment in a spin bike prior to the lockdown last year to be one of the best I’ve ever made. Thought I’d go all out and get a brand new one and it hasn’t disappointed. I do two sessions a day, one when I first wake up prior to breakfast, then one at the end of the working day- 45 minutes per. It has really allowed me to stay in routine make a positive gain both mentally and physically during these otherwise tough times. Would recommend to anyone of any age, given they are easy to use. Can be on the expensive side, but I have mates who have gone the second hand option and proved to be very affordable.
Peloton?

Curious too. Weren't there stories of these having... explosive issues recently?
Yeah! I think there was also stories of them fully jibbing other people that could get a random exercise bike and buy the subscription and a motion sensor thingy

I don’t think so, just a normal one if that makes sense? Not sure of the technical term
That’s fine! It’s like this bike that has like workout sessions on the tv thingy

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Howdy all,

As we all know we're currently knees deep in a shitshow that seems to not have a finish date. Fitness it would seem is even more imperative than before. So here is a thread where you can share ideas, chat about your gains, goals or losses. Seek advice and share success or failures, hey we all have them. Maybe if you're lacking motivation come on here and admit it and someone will kick your arse. lol

You don't need to be an athlete of course. For me I hope to hit 85kg's I'm currently 80.3kg's . I joined a gym after many years away after my 'event' in December of 19. It left the right side of my body weaker. i can now say the right side is my stronger side I am proud of that.
Ive blown out from benching 10 x 130’s and 9.30 3k TT’s to snortin bags, smashin heaps of piss 😂 pinnacle of * that..

Look its hard work with loads of discipline. You can make your self strong and fit without gyms. Find yourself inclines to run on, punish the push ups, sit ups, step ups and plyometrics using your own body weight and its enough. I have zero discipline and to be honest, ive had enough 😂

Last edited:

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Im talking having enough before lockdowns.. lockdown is ******* bliss for me. The only thing I miss is not being able to Holiday and going to the footy. Get fit if you want. I think if you have spent a significant period of your life ******* ultra fit then you’ll be right for a few good years with a bit of luck 😂

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ll get fit again.. just not yet. * it. Enjoy downtime too. Life and mind is a million miles per hour. Its a good time to re think and restructure perspectives without being under significant pressure.

i will always say if you are struggling with anything or if you feel the need to talk to someone, please do not hesitate and call lifeline on 131114. Could be your best decision ever

Last edited:

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Wow, if you don’t mind me asking what where your splits on your 14k run? That’s amazing
It was 13 not 14. I was getting ahead of myself but here are the splits:

IMG_0674.jpg

Back