Competitions Health and fitness

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels so good getting the strength back. Bench at 100, squats over 100, can do pull ups again and started deadlifting again too. Feels so good.
Good job, for me I still spend the majority of my time staring at myself in the mirror. But I am doing 12.5kg dumbbell Arnie chest fly's. Which is pretty good if you do full extension.
its just great to have the gym's reopened.

347480B8-28E6-46CD-B568-A76F84426E11.jpeg 546F0882-E8E0-401A-BCFD-FBFA4D1652E0.jpeg
I fking did 10 mins of just straight hills up a volcano max was 221 watts!!

No really structure to this workout other than just attack the hills. And what I’m figuring out is that slower longer rides require more mental toughness than long faster. I really enjoy cycling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu**! I'm so sorry mate.

Ah well. Second time around I at least know what to be prepared for although the elective surgery delays will no doubt **** me over. Gonna get a headstart on the physio and go from there.

Getting scans to confirm tomorrow but the physical exam showed shifting which is usually pretty conclusive.

Ah well. Second time around I at least know what to be prepared for although the elective surgery delays will no doubt **** me over. Gonna get a headstart on the physio and go from there.

Getting scans to confirm tomorrow but the physical exam showed shifting which is usually pretty conclusive.
That's true. But from your posting I could see how keen you were to have a kick this season as well so it sucks you won't be able to get to do that. Was it at footy training that you did it?

That's true. But from your posting I could see how keen you were to have a kick this season as well so it sucks you won't be able to get to do that. Was it at footy training that you did it?
Yep but relatively innocuous, just landed down on my foot and it was gone. Knew it straight away but at least it's not locked shut like last time. Pretty bummed about it but that's life.

Can’t believe I’ve stumbled across this thread again for the first time.

Had a few people PM me about popping gels during the thongs of romance. In my calcium days, being a stripping young lad, I quite often attracted the attention of both opposite sexes.

So yeah, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find the whole scene a bit exhausting. So occasionally I would “discretely” pop a gel mid-stream if I was feeling a bit zapped in the legs. And then 5 minutes later, I’d feel brand new and be able to get back at it at the coal face.

I wouldn’t recommend a caffeinated gel though because the caffeine may keep u awake. In my book, that’s a definite deterrent.

Sorry to hear that . But I look forward to updates and your return to full fitness - 👍👍

Thanks mate. Knowing I've got 1 year + before I'm at full strength (potentially a lot longer with this elective surgery layoff) let alone at full fitness, I'm not gonna lie has me super down, but s**t happens and it could be worse - I have a secure job and can WFH while I recover. It's just such a damn long haul. They build you up for weeks and months and then go in and set you back to zero, then build you up again over 9-12 months.

Knowing that the footy comeback dream is over has me equally bummed. I was loving making new mates and having a kick.

Thanks mate. Knowing I've got 1 year + before I'm at full strength (potentially a lot longer with this elective surgery layoff) let alone at full fitness, I'm not gonna lie has me super down, but sh*t happens and it could be worse - I have a secure job and can WFH while I recover. It's just such a damn long haul. They build you up for weeks and months and then go in and set you back to zero, then build you up again over 9-12 months.

Knowing that the footy comeback dream is over has me equally bummed. I was loving making new mates and having a kick.
It’s okay bestie, you can join me on zwift 🤪🤪🤪 we can become annoying cyclists 😎 we can keep strava booming📈📈📈📈📈

Remove this Banner Ad

Back