Competitions Health and fitness

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Update:. My eating has ramped up a bit too much, and I haven't been exercising so the weight is building up again.
I've decided to take smoking back up to reduce my calorie intake. I'll let youse know how it goes 🤞
Yeah, you're looking a bit chubby in your avatar picture so the tobacco diet will probably do you some good. If you manage to get a touch of gangrene and lose half a leg that's a couple of kilos straight off.

Last edited:

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Blimey. There's some elevation for you. My achilles tendons just went into meltdown at the thought of doing them in consecutive days. What are all of the peaks?
First was Mt Buffalo. Next was Mt Feathertop, although only the first 50 made it to the peak (which did not include me) because fog rolled in and they stopped the rest of us at Federation Hut. Third day was Mt Hotham, which has 6km of level/undulating trail before you start the ascent. Fourth and final day is Mystic Peak (where they do the hang-gliding outside Bright), which is the only circuit so you get to run up and down. Even though it is the least elevation, it's a killer because it's just straight ******* up, no switchbacks. Straight down as well, murder on the quads.

It's a great event, everyone who participates is really lovely and supportive. It's for walkers and runners - the walkers leave between 7:00am and 7:30am, and the runners leave between 7:30am and 8:00am (it's all electronic timing from your bib thingy). They change it up on the last day for the runners, with the first place male and female runners going at 7:45am, and the second place runners leaving at the interval of however far they are behind the leaders to see if they can catch them. Everyone else goes at 8am.

I think the top three or so were all orienteering champions.

Yeah, you're looking a bit chubby in your avatar picture so the tobacco diet will probably do you some good. If you manage to get a touch of gangrene and lose half a let that's a couple of kilos straight off.
I hid your mobility scooter battery somewhere

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I'm not looking to one up anyone but banged this jog out after my Crossfit workout. Would've gone a little quicker normally but was carrying the shopping.

1644560094894.png

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I thought I would challenge myself to doing 100x push ups everyday in Feb. rules are you gotta do them that day, can’t catch up on a later day. So far so good. Currently at 1700 for the month. It’s really worth it, my chest and abs feel so much stronger for it.

So excited!! I have a call with Jarrad Kay on Tuesday he works closely with Tom Willson (Collingwood player) and helped run the speed project. So hopefully I can get down and do a few sessions, so excited.

Back