Competitions Health and fitness

A71D0492-07C5-4D38-B0DF-77FEF0253CE4.jpeg
A couple of loops at Lysterfield, pretty sore today.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So excited!! I have a call with Jarrad Kay on Tuesday he works closely with Tom Willson (Collingwood player) and helped run the speed project. So hopefully I can get down and do a few sessions, so excited.
Is this with the two hour each way travel? Not having a go at them but what do they do that is better than a sprint coach you can find nearer to you?

Is this with the two hour each way travel? Not having a go at them but what do they do that is better than a sprint coach you can find nearer to you?
They offer online programs :) I also don’t mind travelling, I had to travel an hour 3 times a week to get to box hill for soccer and to travel to Knox for the state team :) hahahaha I even traveled an hour 30 from ikon to home!

I love the way they operate, I have a few friends that play VFL that do sessions with them and they say it’s really good. It’s not just a ‘sprint coach’ I outlined to them that I needed a regular routine that will put me in my place and I’m very confident they will help me in achieving short term and long term success.

I’ve listened to countless podcasts hearing how well structured they are and I just think it’s a good fit.

So excited!! I have a call with Jarrad Kay on Tuesday he works closely with Tom Willson (Collingwood player) and helped run the speed project . So hopefully I can get down and do a few sessions, so excited.

This sounds like an * program...

Last edited:
After a couple days thinking, I’m going to go into the direction of Prime Training and his 8 week running program. I have been a watcher and a fan of his TikTok/instagram and he has worked with Mitch georgiades, will Powell, brandon starchevic ect. I love the content he makes and how honest he is.

What I will be doing though is after the season has finished I will be starting with the speed project so my push for VFL is going to be very good.

This is so sad😭

The pressure placed on athletes is so unbearable at times. I know that most if not all professional teams have a club psychologist but it’s hard to those that don’t have access to them. I hope we can at least bring more awareness to the athletes and to people in general that it’s okay even if you are feeling some pressure that you can speak up and be heard.

Last edited:
So this week I’ve started my 8 week running plan with prime training (the guy who got a 2 week suspension having a sip of beer in a footy game)

Yesterday I had an initial 2km time trial and it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t good either for someone who hasn’t been consistently running because of getting Covid and being sick. It was about 45 seconds slower than my PB which is a huge gap.

I had training last night and just ran in the slow group hahaha but in a front and centre drill I felt like jy weaving through traffic but I was hitting the scoreboard with cheeky dribble kicks 20 meters out, my teammate asks me “why are you kicking it along the ground” I was like “the air is wet” hahahahahhaha

First intra club of the pre season.

It’s an obvious that I’m underdone but in saying that I played alright.

1QT: I was quiet till about half way where I got a few touches but was panicking

2QT: I played on the wing and I ran my heart out fully 200m sprints I was dead, a skill error where we were switching and I dropped a mark where 9.5 times out of 10 I would have taken which disturbed our movement but it was saved by the siren.

3QT: when the siren went I felt both calves cramp as soon as I pushed off hahahaha but I felt like i got better. I WAS SO CLOSE TO TAKING AN ELITE MARK so like I was leading into the pocket and it’s like those marks where the player comes out of nowhere from the side, I got both hands to it just someone took my legs out lol. One part I felt like LDU so I’m going towards the spill with my back to the goal and say it’s like a triangle me being the point and the 2 others are the oppo, I sold candy to one and then sidestepped the other tan towards the line and an inside 50.

4QT: my best highlight was my friend marked it near the right pocket and I overlapped got the handball and kicked a drop punt goal in the pocket hehehe

Did a lot of running.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone got any remedies for DOMS?

Getting back in the gym after 18/24 months off and this week has been hell with muscle soreness. Only eased into it the last two weeks but the soreness has been nothing like I’ve experienced in my life.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone got any remedies for DOMS?

Getting back in the gym after 18/24 months off and this week has been hell with muscle soreness. Only eased into it the last two weeks but the soreness has been nothing like I’ve experienced in my life.

Sleep, lots of protein, light walking/exercise. That's all you can do really.

I can't catch a ******* break, I've ****ed my ankle again. It was sore during training yesterday and then on the way home it was swelling. This is my third ankle sprain in 12 months.

I had a practice on Sunday, but now I can't play and wont because i wanna be able to play during the season. I will go see the physio at Marvel Stadium at 1.10pm hehehehe :stern look

Back