Health

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
Only realise I had already posted by have heard both albums now and I'm very impressed.

Love that distorted shoegazy sound.

Roos4eva

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Western United FC
They went off.

Pity about the short set, but they they were ridiculously good nonetheless.

Jupiter certainly knows how to give a good ol' fashioned five minute death stare. :D

wce_all_da_way

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, NY Jets,Force
Short set? How short are we talking? They're in line for a pretty long set here, so it should be pretty ****in good. Only 2 days to go. :D

Roos4eva

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Was supposed to be an hour, was lucky to get 40 minutes, which included an encore. :thumbsdown:

wce_all_da_way

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, NY Jets,Force
Wow that's a bummer. They're meant to be performing from 8-10 on Saturday for us, but I doubt that will happen. Yo La Tengo is the only band I've seen at Beck's this year that's come close to filling that timetable. They did have an obscene amount of encores though.

Roos4eva

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wow that's a bummer. They're meant to be performing from 8-10 on Saturday for us, but I doubt that will happen. Yo La Tengo is the only band I've seen at Beck's this year that's come close to filling that timetable. They did have an obscene amount of encores though.
Mmm... unless they played another encore after I left, then they might have filled the hour, to which I'll feel pretty stupid.

They certainly didn't seem overly keen on playing beyond the first encore though, especially since the curtains were closed after it.

Still a damn top show though.

anti_

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
a short show for them sounds good. i really wouldnt want them to go for more than 50 minutes. they seem like a band that would hit you in a burst...more than an hour would make it drag on a bit.

Suspense

AOC + 3
Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
Man, that was some really ****ing demented noise rock. Set was short but most def sweet. Aside from maybe Perfect Skin, there probably wasn't much more I would have wanted to hear, so the set length was pretty much spot on. Time filling jams would have just detracted from the experience. Die Slow and In Violet were the highlights of the set.

To those who are yet to see them, bring yr ****ing ear plugs!

Suspense

AOC + 3
Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wish I had read that first Suspense. Right up the front and the ears are still ****ed.
owned. :D

DISCO2 is a bit hit and miss. Def a few cool remixes though and a new dance track. Should have that chris clark remix of Die Slow as it owns.

Edit: Scratch that. Just had another listen on a proper set of speakers; its good.

anti_

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
yeah i've had a couple of listens, it's pretty damn good.

would've thought Death+ was one of the more 'remixable' tracks, surprised that there's not one on here.

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
Led to believe they are touring again at The East Brunswick Club.

Music Board meetup?

anti_

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
forgot to bring this thread back up.

was so excited to see they were coming back to aus (and perth especially).

playing the bakery on jan 14. got tix.

inferno66

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
forgot to bring this thread back up.

was so excited to see they were coming back to aus (and perth especially).

playing the bakery on jan 14. got tix.
Yeah this is going to be an awesome gig. The new look Bakery is much better for gigs . This time they are going to perform their whole catalog :thumbsu:

anti_

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
was a great gig...unfortunately no perfect skin.

they did finish with courtship though.

drummer had a japandroids shirt on = win.

Remove this Banner Ad