Health

Remove this Banner Ad

anti.

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
these guys are so damn good they deserve their own thread.

released one album in 2007, better known as the band crystal castles remixed with the song 'Crimewave (Crystal Castles Vs. Health)'.

then they released a remix album 'Disco' in 2008, which is also ****ing awesome.

it is an injustice that they are so under-rated (or unknown) around these parts.

they just released a new song, 'Die Slow'. easy to listen to and pretty different to the material on their 2007 release.

so i propose that this will most likely be the one and only post in this thread, because i know s**t all discussion will occur about this band.

(if 'The Fray' get their own thread, then at least every half decent band deserves one (minimum))

you must have a pretty damn cool friend there 'wce_all_da_way'.

share the health love, they have the coolest shirts going around also.

He's actually a bit of weirdo, doesn't really have any friends and usually has poor taste in music. Bit hit and miss 'anti.'.

Their shirts are pretty cool though.

still, he sounds like an ok bloke if he likes health. he's probably about ten thousand times cooler than you.

what genre? hard to pin them down, but its noise rock i guess. definetly not everyones cup of tea, but their remix album, //Disco is quality dance music and pretty easy to listen to if you wanted to start off there.

HEALTH epitomised by one picture:
800px-Healthbrussels.jpg

Enjoyed their debut album, pretty cool noise rock stuff , love the drum work particularly. Very Lightning Bolt influenced, in that sense. Haven't heard the remix album (generally avoid them).

I think their Get Color has leaked as well, or at least a single from it...

Cool article/interview. This made me lol p hard:

“I think the first album sounded evil and the second one sounds sad,” says John. “It’s darker…” adds Jake, stopping himself. “Well, the first record is very dark but it’s more atonal and really abrasive, and there are qualities from that that are definitely on this record but it’s more melodic and those melodies are more dark and sad.”

John: “The first record was you in middle school punching your bed and s**t, this record is you crying like a bitch in high school.”

“The third record’s going to be you at a keg party in college,” adds Jupiter. “You’ve pulled through it all and you’re finally getting laid.”

Jake: “Then the bottom drops out on the fourth record when you’ve graduated and you’re unemployed. That record’s going to be very depressing.”

BJ: “It’s all like 15 years later, just like in TV, like how Monica is supposed to be 26 in Friends but she’s actually 40 – we’re way too old to have those feelings but we’re going retro.”

“By the fifth or sixth record we’ll just suck,” ends Jake. “No one will hear it, it’ll be like that last Clash record. I’ll be a total alcoholic and no one will be doing anything so our manager will write it and it’s going to suck. He’ll be rapping over it and s**t.”

that interview is the s**t.

so glad they're coming here, most amped ive been for a show in a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm listening to 'Get Color' for the first time, and am wondering why the **** have I not got into this band earlier?

Could possibly be album of the year, which is big for me considering I had the Vultures as a lock for number one.

Mind blowing music! :thumbsu:

Mmm... they're certainly one of those bands that hit you hard through the sheer awesomeness of their music.

Just a pity I didn't see them when they were here a month ago. :( :thumbsdown:

A month ago? I thought you were in Melbourne?

OK.

Just listened to Get Color then.

Cool album:thumbsu:

Reminded me a bit of A Place To Bury Strangers

[YOUTUBE]HFa4a56j52o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GdmkYvasHQc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KHbLmB8mAYk[/YOUTUBE]

I love intermittently playing like 3 versions of In Violet at once. Takes a bit to sync up properly but it sounds wild.

A Place To Bury Strangers are touring soon as well, but they are playing the same night as Yo La Tengo, so that's pretty fail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back