Social Science Hearing someone you know take a dump...does it change the relationship?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
I hate hearing the sound of a friend of someone I work with doing a crap. I just find hearing that noise is like seeing them naked, borrowing money or having sex with them, it changes the whole dynamics of the relationship. Anyone else feel this way?

Not sure if troll but i do think it is a bit weird:D.

You could probably avoid this dilemma if you didn't lurk around toilets you pervert.:D

Hahah, now i read it again it does sound weird. I now think that op sits on toilets and cant distract himself enough to not evesdrop on what's going on next door:p :D. Im sure there's worse you could catch your friends doing in a toilet haha

Hahah, now i read it again it does sound weird. I now think that op sits on toilets and cant distract himself enough to not evesdrop on what's going on next door:p :D. Im sure there's worse you could catch your friends doing in a toilet haha

Agree....should be fapping so hard he can't anything else going on

wtf are we suppose to do? Hold it in and make it worst? Constipate ourselves in case we offend someone in the office?

Thats what toilets are for..jesus society is getting stupidier by the end worrying about the most pathetic things.

Just be grateful you have a fully working toilet. Some countries just have a hole.

I get a bit bummed out (there's a pun there, somewhere) when I'm at work laying some cable and someone sits beside me and does the same. It should be a quiet individual time to read, think or just stare into space.

Even worse is someone coming in, seeing you're doing a dump and flicking the lights off, plunging the room into complete darkness.

Luckily I've retreated to the less frequented reading rooms and can complete my reading of the paper in peace and quiet.

I hate hearing the sound of a friend of someone I work with doing a crap. I just find hearing that noise is like seeing them naked, borrowing money or having sex with them, it changes the whole dynamics of the relationship. Anyone else feel this way?

Wait, the sound of hearing a friend s**t is no different to having sex with them or borrowing money?

So if a mate asks you for $20 you'll hear him s**t and take his length? Quite the emotional cocktail. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't lurk around the bogs it's only in that rare time where it's unavoidable or accidental. It's just a pet hate of mine that's all and I find it changes the way I see a person.

It pisses me off no end the cubicle walls do not go all the way to the ground :mad:

Why do I have to know who's next to me? Why do I need their stench in my cubicle? Why do I need to respond to the question "Can you spare a square?"

I am actually going to weigh in on the B_J side of the argument. Hate being in proximity of anyone I know when they are dropping one off, and am almost pathologically nervous about having anyone around when I am so engaged.

All of the advances of human civilisation can basically be understood as a quest to ensure people have bowel movements in as much privacy and comfort as possible, and have the results transported away from them as rapidly and as unobtrusively as possible.

I don't lurk around the bogs it's only in that rare time where it's unavoidable or accidental. It's just a pet hate of mine that's all and I find it changes the way I see a person.
I hate it as well, I hate when there's a silence, then suddenly a loud 'Plop!' followed by a long gassy fart. Just not something I wanna hear. Also brings me to this question; why is that people can stand their own farts no matter how bad it may seem to other people, yet when someone else farts it can be completely unbearable? What if someone farted without knowing that the person next to them farted at the same time, would they be fine with the smell because they assume it's theirs? (interesting stuff i know)

Hey lets not do a s**t in case we might offend some gen yer. After all they did have their arses cleaned by mummy up until they turned 18....some still need their mummies to wipe up for them.

It's a toilet. Don't want to hear plops? Wear headphones! Don't want to smell poo..then tough hold it and s**t at home.

Stupid thread.

Absolutely should not have to hear someone else doing that, especially at work, I can no longer look at a colleague the same if I have been subjected to that.

There needs to be rules around toilet etiquette;

1 do not use the toilet at work unless completely unavoidable
2 If unavoidable put some paper in the bowl first to avoid loud plopping noises (I don't really want to hear your peeing sounds either so always a good decision)
3 Do not under any circumstances make any groaning noises or fart
4 clean the bowl after use and use some spray

I myself have probably only ever resorted to doing number 2's at work twice in my life, I think my system is now programmed so that it is not necessary between 9-5.

It's a toilet..designed for people to go and do a s**t. It's not a place to have meetings, to eat your lunch, to do work (unless your a 2bit hooker or gay doing the beat) or anything else but to relieve yourself.

Wow what a soft generation australia has in store for itself in 10 years time.

Can't wait till sensitive gen yers become bosses and put up signs saying "if you can hold it in until home time THEN DO SO - toilet only to be used as an EMERGENCY ONLY"

lol great thread

i do find it a bit awkward when you know who is in the next cubicle, especially if its a friend or colleague

likewise when i first had to take a dump with my gf around, that was a bit awkward. in a hotel room with fairly thin walls between bathroom and bedroom.

however, I agree with BigKahunaBlue and think the 'etiquette' described by powerful_girl is pretty ridiculous, its a toilet ffs, if you've gotta go, you gotta go. the normal social etiquette of not farting in the workplace etc goes out the window when you're in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back