Heart Issues With Players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What's this new craze of players getting 'shortness of breath', 'irregular heartbeat' and other unexplained heart issues?

Is this new? Or has it always happened and we only hear about it now because of the access to clubs?

Surely this is unusual? Are the players pushing too hard? Are they taking supplements?

Very odd, and quite concerning.

What's this new craze of players getting 'shortness of breath', 'irregular heartbeat' and other unexplained heart issues?

Is this new? Or has it always happened and we only hear about it now because of the access to clubs?

Surely this is unusual? Are the players pushing too hard? Are they taking supplements?

Very odd, and quite concerning.
Other than Dylan Roberton who has this happened too? This has been going on in professional sports for a long time. Ie Hank Gathers.

Athletes pushing themselves to the limit sometimes exposes underlying heart conditions. Nothing to do with supplements.

Other than Dylan Roberton who has this happened too? This has been going on in professional sports for a long time. Ie Hank Gathers.

Athletes pushing themselves to the limit sometimes exposes underlying heart conditions. Nothing to do with supplements.

Lenny Hayes had an issue a few years back that ended in open heart surgery. Leaky valve

Krezuer tonight. Marchbank was out last week, i think with something to do with the heart

Side effects of doping

Not having a crack at your point but just got to mention I re-watched the Geelong demolition of port in the gf. Every cats player looked like they had about 10 kgs on their port opponents... and who was waiting on the boundary for the cats players when they came off, none other than the weapon.

In hindsight that whole cats setup stinks.

Last edited:
Nothing new, It retired Glen Jakovich, Jayden Pitt had his career cut short because of it, Nathan Eagleton had issues as well as Alan Didak Brenton Sanderson, Retired John Kennedy Jnr

So it's not a new thing to AFL, just kind of rare that 3 players have had issues during the game this season

A lot of it has to do with anxiety IMO.
Uh...no. If a doctor confused an anxiety attack with an irregular heart-beat you would want to be taking their medical licence off them on the spot

Side effects of doping.

Cyclists > Racehorses > now Footballers

sadly I think you're right

self medicated like the eagles, regimes like dons and more than likely the cats attests to this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree Power Raid and Hamingja

Look at these dopers

kayle_kirby.640x427.jpg

325cc4a9fb3fba091d3c2f0369a8f80f--st-kilda.jpg
]

What gives it away is the definition of muscle and inhuman body shapes

Not having a crack at your point but just got to mention I watched the Geelong demolition of port in the gf. Every cats player looked like they had about 10 kgs on their port opponents... and who was waiting on the boundary for the cats players when they came off, none other than the weapon.

Show me some pictures of Mackie, Byrnes, Stokes, N Ablett etc where they're bigger than anybody and I'll buy you a frozen coke.

The only guy on Geelong's list that was abnormally huge was Josh Hunt.

Not having a crack at your point but just got to mention I watched the Geelong demolition of port in the gf. Every cats player looked like they had about 10 kgs on their port opponents... and who was waiting on the boundary for the cats players when they came off, none other than the weapon.

I knew it wasn't our fault :)

But deadset they were much bigger.

Show me some pictures of Mackie, Byrnes, Stokes, N Ablett etc where they're bigger than anybody and I'll buy you a frozen coke.

Very selective listing.

Most of your players were massive. Not suggesting anything. Just what it was.

Yeah none of those guys were bigger than westhoff..

And I suppose the weapon and dank were just at Geelong with bomber Thompson to keep things as above board as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back