Autopsy Heartbreaking loss to swans by 2 points

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry I included PCL.. Aish for the life of me there is someone else on the tip of my fingers lol.

Greenwood had knee issues preseason but it wasn't an ACL

Reflecting without the emotion of the loss, I think this game was entirely on our terms. We outplayed them 3 out of 4 quarters and in the third, it was arguable that they played better. The only difference imo from that quarter was conversion in front of goal. For something that has been one of our strengths this season, goal kicking let us down more than anything on Saturday night. I think it's been a real strength of the team this year, that when the opposition have dominated parts of games, we have kept the scoreboard ticking over with accurate goal kicking, not allowing them to capitalise on their dominance. 7.3 to 3.8 in the second half is telling in a tight encounter with similar scoring shots for 4 less goals.

Is it bad enough for him to miss a game? If so, it can be included in a history of injury that has sidelined him for large chunks of time and granted him membership of the chronically injured brigade. Where others might wince in momentary pain, Fasolo will miss two or three games. But perhaps I am being unkind.

Is it bad enough for him to miss a game? If so, it can be included in a history of injury that has sidelined him for large chunks of time and granted him membership of the chronically injured brigade. Where others might wince in momentary pain, Fasolo will miss two or three games. But perhaps I am being unkind.
His injury earlier in the year. He is back.

Really struggling to recover from this one. Was heartbreaking in so many ways.

Mason Cox needs a big week at training in front of goals. His last quarter misses were telling. Played a good game, but just couldn't kick the goals we needed.

Reckon Brodie Grundy is single handedly keeping us competitive right now. Adams is in good nick as well.

2 Weeks in a Row that Cox Goal Kicking have gone Backwards.

Agree Grundy is the main reaosn we are in Games last 2 weeks. Hate to know what happens IF he does not play.

The Whole team looks to be Tiring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee didn't think that Aliir was worth 5

SYDNEY v COLLINGWOOD
10 Lance Franklin (SYD)
8 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
5 Taylor Adams (COLL)
5 Aliir Aliir (SYD)
1 Dane Rampe (SYD)
1 Tom Langdon (COLL)
Thought Aliir had a great game. The Collingwoods bests were also very good. Grundy another great game. Adams our catalyst particularly early and Langdon really solid and great interceptions.

Varcoe and Sier also impressed.

Just started to watch the replay, Madgen impressively calm.
Varcoe welcome back to some form.
Maynard deliberate was correct.
Buddy's 3rd goal shouldn't have happened - Langdon marks and Buddy runs up from behind and umpire calls play-on AFTER he's inside the protected area.
Despite that we were unlucky Darcy's kick rebounds off a Swan and Buddy's out the back.
Rampe clearly doesn't have any feeling in his fingers, (goal review).
Swans player ducks into a Pendles tackle and is paid high.
Rampe drops the ball in a Stevo tackle - playon.
Include what Scodog10 posted earlier and we were unlucky losers again.

Gee didn't think that Aliir was worth 5

SYDNEY v COLLINGWOOD
10 Lance Franklin (SYD)
8 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
5 Taylor Adams (COLL)
5 Aliir Aliir (SYD)
1 Dane Rampe (SYD)
1 Tom Langdon (COLL)

Took 12 marks, had 24 disposals. I thought he was very good. Would have rated him even higher if he'd had 19 intercepts but could only manage 7.

I thought the Pies were pretty damn good all things considered. A game decided by a kick could have gone either way. I don't buy into the knee-jerk, mainstream pundit mantra of Collingwood being shot and are done for the season. If big Mason had kicked straighter things would have been very different. The loss of Darcy Moore didn't help. You guys played an exciting brand of footy and I'm sure when September comes, everything changes. Your fans will get behind your team and they will provide a good showing. Please find some pics we took of the game. BTW We asked Nathan Buckley the first question at the post-game presser. Always look forward to Nathan's response, he treats us with respect and gives us some really interesting, honest insights into the team. He is without a doubt the best coach of 2018. PS: loved the "It Was A Throw" banner.... Enjoy! Still reckon the best Pies banner of all time was the retort at Princess Park to the Carlton Bluebirds of 1970's "Cheap, Trashy Americana"! Boy if you did that today it would be 5 years in the slammer!!!

c3.jpg

c5.jpg

c4.jpg

c2.jpg

bucs.jpg

Last edited:
Highlighted.
d47af29ad2d3889907b10b1454d1d8d1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back