Autopsy Heartbreaking loss V Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally the youngest and least experience side in the league played the oldest and most experienced today. And it wasn't Richmond vs Brisbane.

Brissy get a "It's expected from a young side" excuse. Well the dogs are 25% less experienced, and won a flag with brisbanes level of experience.

Despite absolutely throwing that game away, make no mistake we are the best young side in the afl.

We are carrying far too many butchers. Until that balance changes we are going to struggle.

Honey is close to the worst player in the league shocked he is on an AFL list, let alone getting games.

Good effort just stuff all class.

I’m not gonna be negative after that, as there were plenty of positives. The goal kicking again cost us, but we outplayed them and should’ve won the game. The attack and pressure is back. I think we have to change the forward structure. Redpath gives us very little and Dunkley/Gowers/Dahlhaus’ kicking is a real liability. Lipinsky and Boyd in for me, need the 2nd ruck too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are carrying far too many butchers. Until that balance changes we are going to struggle.

Honey is close to the worst player in the league shocked he is on an AFL list, let alone getting games.

Good effort just stuff all class.

Honey needs to go. He’s not even close to being at the right level. It doesn’t matter how hard you try if you’re just no good.

Watching that at Etihad. I’m damn proud. Richards, English and Naughton were fantastic. Naughton is the next Alex Rance. If he improves his kicking he will be All Australian before he’s 22.
Richards was not good.

Clearly the better team on the day but again butchered far too many chances in front of goal. The last two weeks shows talent was never an issue when they play intensity. The side resembles a young team at the bottom of their rebuild but this team should be playing finals, the future has never looked better than right now.

I’m amazed by English’s improvement over the past two weeks I thought he was a year or two off playing at this level, he’ll be the best ruckman in the comp in a few years.

Macrae would be close to the best player in the comp right now, it’s ridiculous how underrated he still is.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And I’ve never done this before but I berated a fellow Bulldogs supporter after he had a go at English when he couldn’t quite make that chase in the last quarter.

For mine, English was easily one of our best. It’s not even a matter of him being good in the future, he’s amazing now!

And I’ve never done this before but I berated a fellow Bulldogs supporter after he had a go at English when he couldn’t quite make that chase in the last quarter.

For mine, English was easily one of our best. It’s not even a matter of him being good in the future, he’s amazing now!

How good is this kid going to be? Elite skills, good brain, tough and huge.

We are one natural forward away from being a real threat.

Didn't some big bloke kick 5 goals in the VFL today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back