Autopsy Heartbreaking loss V Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its just his lack of x factor, which is the only thing stopping him from standing out from the so called elites. He could lead almost every midfield category in the league at years end and still not be mentioned in most peoples AA teams. He is just one of those very good players who goes about his job quietly without fuss. Doesn't have that wow factor a player like Bontempelli has that makes people go.... Did you see "that" on the weekend? How good was it?, etc.
I think he's developing that now though. He's stepping around traffic and kicking goals like he did as a teenager again. He hasn't done that sort of stuff for a few years.

I think he's developing that now though. He's stepping around traffic and kicking goals like he did as a teenager again. He hasn't done that sort of stuff for a few years.

He is indeed, and has shown glimpses in the past. His challenge now is making that part of his game consistent. If he does that, and Bontempelli impacts games more consistently, then watch out, we will be hard to beat and have close to the games best midfields. We have plenty of talent on the team, our biggest issue for all of them is being consistent

McLean and Williams both getting votes (I'm assuming in both cases from Bevo). Thought it was possibly McLeans best game for us as a midfielder - defensively and offensively. Williams has been really impressive the last 2 weeks. Like all good players he has time and his judgement/decision making is very good. Tough and courageous too. He's a good'n.

Weird votes. Macrae is a machine but he did turn it over a few times this week. I think coaches expectations on him must be very high. I'd imagine he needs to add goal kicking to his game. I'm a real Jack fan and I love when no one else can gut run, you can guarantee he'll be doing his best to cover ground.
I thought MacLean was quiet after he copped a knock and I'm surprised Wallis didn't rate a mention.

After reading all the pages on this issue, i understand the frustration about our goal kicking etc.
I said to my mate while we sat at the E.J Whitten Bar after the game and gave him my opinion as to why we lost (besides the age of the young pups)
and i personally put it down to team balance and structure, i feel that Cordy's indiscretion last week in getting rubbed out is the reason we lost the game, if he had been in the side Wood could have had more freedom to run off half back as well and intercept marks instead of having to stick with Franklin.

I went as far as saying to my mate (it wont happen) that Cordy should be left out this week as well to set a line in the sand to say that is unacceptable if you want be in the leadership group down back (same for Redpath) let your footy do the talking not the Wig's at the tribunal trying to get you off.

Outs
Redpath, Biggs, Honeychurch

Ins
Boyd, Cordy, Lipinsky

After reading all the pages on this issue, i understand the frustration about our goal kicking etc.
I said to my mate while we sat at the E.J Whitten Bar after the game and gave him my opinion as to why we lost (besides the age of the young pups)
and i personally put it down to team balance and structure, i feel that Cordy's indiscretion last week in getting rubbed out is the reason we lost the game, if he had been in the side Wood could have had more freedom to run off half back as well and intercept marks instead of having to stick with Franklin.

I went as far as saying to my mate (it wont happen) that Cordy should be left out this week as well to set a line in the sand to say that is unacceptable if you want be in the leadership group down back (same for Redpath) let your footy do the talking not the Wig's at the tribunal trying to get you off.

Outs

Ins
Boyd, Cordy, Lipinsky
Sometimes Naughton was getting across to help Woody with stopping buddy and did it well. But swans clever in honouring the free fwd and spreading to get in form buddy one on one. See him rag doll woody and marking, unusually, well above his head. We were lucky he missed a few.
I think it was good Bev played with woody on buddy despite the weight mismatch. Longer term benefit in not feeding Naughton to the lions.

McLean and Williams both getting votes (I'm assuming in both cases from Bevo). Thought it was possibly McLeans best game for us as a midfielder - defensively and offensively. Williams has been really impressive the last 2 weeks. Like all good players he has time and his judgement/decision making is very good. Tough and courageous too. He's a good'n.
Last two weeks it has looked like the penny has dropped for Williams. Seems so confident in his own abilities and isn't rushing himself. Clean pick ups, going for marks and asserting himself physically - these are things he wasn't doing consistently but have been shown in abundance the last 2 weeks.

Outs

Ins
Boyd, Cordy, Lipinsky

I said to my mate the doggies can win this year premership and he said nah

Outs: hunter (suspended), dahlhouse, williams
In: Boyd, roughead, cambell

Go big or go home

Guys look at it this way...
We should have won but didn't we have a list that looks as strong as anyone in the comp...

English
Williams
Richards
Bonti
Daniel
Naughton
Dunkley
McLean
Gowers
Dale

Add Boyd,MaCrae,Hunter,Jong,JJ all under 25....

Then Sydney
Buddy
Kennedy
Jack
Sinclair
Hannebery
Rampe
Grundy
Smith
Loyd
Parker

2020 will look quiet a bit different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020 will look quiet a bit different
Sydney: Aliir Aliir, Harry Cunningham, Oliver Florent, Will Hayward, Isaac Heeney, George Hewett,
Zac Jones, Matthew Ling, Jack Maibaum, Tom McCartin, Lewis Melican, Callum Mills, Tom Papley,
Ryley Stoddart, Joel Amartey, Toby Pink and Angus Styles. Plus even more depth players than I
can be bothered typing out, yes 2020 will look different.

great effort from the boys, proud of that.
yes we should have won, but considering how young the team was you cant be harsh on them.

however same issues still are hurting us
-goal kicking
-flop players costing us
-inefficient i50
-kicking skills

That wasn't a heartbreaking loss in terms of effort against quality opposition. We were better most of the game, we had our chances.

It was a heartbreaking loss in that we could be sitting 2-2 in a very even year and really push for finals. That one could really sting later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back