Universal Love Heath Grundy 200 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly watched. So can't comment.
My point was that Owen makes for a new whipping boy each week. Must be Reg's turn. Although SM might have a trademark pending.

I think theres reason for concern with his age and the month he has had and they types of mistakes he is making

Looks old

Marks well, as SM said play him forward

Doesnt make him a whipping boy, he has been a champ no denying that

I think theres reason for concern with his age and the month he has had and they types of mistakes he is making

Looks old

Marks well, as SM said play him forward

Doesnt make him a whipping boy, he has been a champ no denying that

Not denying you a right to your opinion.
Questioning the validity of it given we are 4 rounds in. He hasn't been great this year. No Doubt.
If you look at the way we have lost. All in the head. Nothing to do with skills. Has been mainly the senior players. The kids have been fantastic IMO.
Poor mental attitude cascades through everything we do, back 6 look lost, mids are looking ordinary, no forward structure.
Again senior players mainly. To be expected given what has happened over the last 4 years. Not turning up in '14 and not given a fair go in '16.

Questioning the validity of it given we are 4 rounds in. He hasn't been great this year. No Doubt.
If you look at the way we have lost. All in the head. Nothing to do with skills. Has been mainly the senior players. The kids have been fantastic IMO.
Poor mental attitude cascades through everything we do, back 6 look lost, mids are looking ordinary, no forward structure.
Again senior players mainly. To be expected given what has happened over the last 4 years. Not turning up in '14 and not given a fair go in '16.
Nothing to do with skill

You didn't watch it hey

Maybe, who knows, I hope he can reproduce form, just sometimes you can see a player has lost a step , eg Teddy, ROK

But true 4 weeks is a small sample,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing to do with skill

You didn't watch it hey

Didn't watch tonight, but seen all the other games...
I know what you're saying. But.
Remember 2014 and to a lesser extent 2012? Same players. Heaps better skill. All between the ears, doesn't help that they are not the most skilful players out there, to begin with.

He has slowed ...particularly between the ears and I would hazard a guess his confidence with ball in hand is so low he just panics a little when he has it. Hopefully we can rectify it, clearly missing Rampe.

Personally I think if Rampe was fit we might have been seeing a Richards Aliir type thing with Reg and Melican but can't afford to atm with all the other kids playing.

Rampe does an incredible amount of making up for other defenders and helping. He's really smart and he's really athletic and he takes a hell of a lot of pressure off the other defenders. I would make the argument that him being gone has been easily the biggest blow of our injury list.

With respect to Grundy directly, no way in hell am I dropping him. Defensively I still trust him and I'm confident once we get some more senior calibre players back he'll be under less pressure and won't misfire so often when he has the ball. Last year his disposal was very consistent and I'm willing to assume it will return to roughly that level when we have closer to our best side back in.

I'm more worried about Nick Smith's current form than Grundy's. Smith, a favourite of mine for a long time, is looking rickety and slow.

The way you guys jump off players is just amazing. Grow some balls & just accept that players & hence teams can have a bad form patch that can be triggered by any number of reasons.

Smith & Grundy not playing well, yes. Does this mean it is the end? No! Could it be the end for some? Yes!

I'm watching Power right now. There are blokes out there that looked finished in 2015 & 2016! Boak was a shadow of himself? Turns out he was struggling for fitness. Looks pretty good this year.
But our blokes must be done!

The way you guys jump off players is just amazing. Grow some balls & just accept that players & hence teams can have a bad form patch that can be triggered by any number of reasons.

Smith & Grundy not playing well, yes. Does this mean it is the end? No! Could it be the end for some? Yes!

I'm watching Power right now. There are blokes out there that looked finished in 2015 & 2016! Boak was a shadow of himself? Turns out he was struggling for fitness. Looks pretty good this year.
But our blokes must be done!

You are a great poster, but geez you love telling anyone who says anything critical how they are so unfair and wrong

Grundy has been shithouse this year, thats just a fact, looks like an old fart out there

I think if the club held on lovingly to every player like you do we would never develop, grow some balls and call out the under performers

You are a great poster, but geez you love telling anyone who says anything critical how they are so unfair and wrong

Grundy has been shithouse this year, thats just a fact, looks like an old fart out there

I think if the club held on lovingly to every player like you do we would never develop, grow some balls and call out the under performers
Underperforming is one thing.
Retirement is another!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back