Traded Heath Shaw for Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a win/win trade as GWS get a Gun Player in his Prime in Heater and Pies get a Young Gun Mid in Adams to go along with there other Gun Mids

Well clearly next year GWS will be running out 4 quarters. Of more interest to me is what happens in 2015? Will the AFL introduce a fifth quarter, or a fifth if you will, to accommodate the development of GWS?

Haha more footy sounds good.

No to be honest I think we have got the players we need to continue to build. Will take another offseason to find out more.

Keep telling yourself that. Adams is a serious talent, Shaw is a half back flanker on top coin who gets tagged out of games too easily. Oh and he's hardly the guy for the kids to model their lives after either. If Richmond traded Vlastuin for Shaw I'd be livid.
Small half back flankers don't get tagged unless they are VERY very good. Shaw is the best player of his type in the league. There's no other small defender around that is as good as he is both as a rebounder and defender. This is a guy at 182cm who has the lower body strength to move ruckmen out of position in marking contests. His one issue as a defender is he can get burned by rapid smalls, but otherwise he's very versatile and can play very well on guys bigger than him and is uttely dominant in one on one ground level contests. He's also as tough as they come. Unfortunately, unlike a team like Hawthorn, Shaw didn't have much competition in terms of quality rebounders off half back, so he copped a lot of tags. He only had a handful of genuinely bad games though.

I will take the contrary view. Adams can play but is an average kick, and he is joining a club where foot skills are an issue. Think Dom Tyson would have been a better fit.

Would of Loved Tyson but I doubt we could of Matched Pick 2 that Melbourne Offered

Would of Loved Tyson but I doubt we could of Matched Pick 2 that Melbourne Offered

Pick 2 and 20 for Tyson and pick 10 (?)
I still can't believe we got him, I thought after he signed a new contract GWS had locked him away for good. I think Adams will still be a good get for you guys, especially considering the trade. Effectively you picked up a good 10 year player for a guy that the coach wanted to get rid of. Collingwood came out on top of that trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One has issues with discipline on & off the field.

The other has issues with accurate kicking.

One has issues with authority on and off the field.

The other is a leader on & off the field.

Can fix up disposal. Can't fix character flaws.

Ok?

One has issues with discipline on & off the field.

The other has issues with accurate kicking.

One has issues with authority on and off the field.

The other is a leader on & off the field.

Can fix up disposal. Can't fix character flaws.

Ok?

So Hine is an Idiot?

Did you even read what he wrote?

Well looked to me he was saying Adams is a Dud as a Player and Heater is a Lunatic Off It.

Well one is 20 and there other is about 30. I rather have the 20 year old

Needs to clean up the off field considerably - there was an incident at a 21st Birthday Party in his home town that if reported will not reflect well on him at all. Next time Eddie beats his chest it's a chance to come out and there are photos and video evidence to support it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back