Opinion Heath Shaw return

Remove this Banner Ad

But you know...the stats. You can't question them and questioning Ablett is like shooting Bambi. Let the love fest continue

I just disagree that is his core game play like say Joel Bowden back in his day, it is part of how he (ablett) plays but it is not the whole of his game and likely due to GCs poor structures in front of him.

Ablett does a lot of good "damaging" play as well forward of centre and as I said is a goal kicker.

I do think he inflates his numbers through unnecessary 1-2 play but it doesn't detract from his main game and how good he is with ball in hand (usually).

You think Bartell never used to "chip" it around in the defensive half? it was his go to a lot of times unless there was an option on up field or his mate woj was streaming past him for a handball.

It never sat well with me that Heater left in the first place. I understand the reasons for his "departure" but the guy is as Collingwood as they come.

Discussing his return is academic in a sense, as he's 33.

Isn't it funny what a few years does to a trade...

Heath Shaw
- About to turn 32
- Played 261 games (88 since trade)
- Is no longer GWS clear best defender (Williams/Haynes/Davis/Wilson)
- Has about 2 seasons/40 games left to play

Taylor Adams

- Turned 24 yesterday
- Played 97 games (66 since trade)
- Has matured into a genuine leader
- Has about 8 seasons/150+ of his best games left to play (provided he continues his current trajectory)

Heath Shaw
- About to turn 32

Taylor Adams

- Turned 24 yesterday
- Has about 8 seasons/150+ of his best games left to play (provided he continues his current trajectory)
Do you reckon he has 2 seasons left? He's looking close to teh end to me

Do you reckon he has 2 seasons left? He's looking close to teh end to me

Yeah I agree, can't see another 2 years in Heater... it still kills me not to see him in our stripes.

Yeah I agree, can't see another 2 years in Heater... it still kills me not to see him in our stripes.

Agree with you. I loved Heater, but I can't see him returning now.

Will watch him carefully this weekend. It's the classic opportunity for him to completely lose his cool (if GWS is under pressure), or make a saving smother and help win the game. I think I'd like the latter to happen.:)

Heath Shaw
- About to turn 32

Taylor Adams

- Turned 24 yesterday
So 6 more years of Adams kicking out on the full. No thanks..

Agree with you. I loved Heater, but I can't see him returning now.

Will watch him carefully this weekend. It's the classic opportunity for him to completely lose his cool (if GWS is under pressure), or make a saving smother and help win the game. I think I'd like the latter to happen.:)

Why not both?

One more "smother of the century" followed by him completely losing his sh*t a few minutes later... :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still a massive upgrade on what we've got down back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back