Opinion Heath Shaw return

Remove this Banner Ad

What long term benefit do we get for getting heater back for our team, none that l can see unless it's a feel good story. No coach even if bucks was replaced would want him at Collingwood now.

Cooked is the Librarian!

But we'll always have the smother of the century

*can't believe he named it that himself*

Anyone see the Fox Footy interview with him tonight on "On the Mark"? Heater will never return to the Pies whilst Buckley is there. Basically said there was a few people he had bad blood with there when he left, Buckley one of them. Said he basically doesn't like him and wouldn't answer the phone if he called him. Not really news but more official than anything that's ever been said I guess.

Anyone see the Fox Footy interview with him tonight on "On the Mark"? Heater will never return to the Pies whilst Buckley is there. Basically said there was a few people he had bad blood with there when he left, Buckley one of them. Said he basically doesn't like him and wouldn't answer the phone if he called him. Not really news but more official than anything that's ever been said I guess.
Heath’s never been a great thinker has he?

At least you know where you stand with him I suppose.

Heath’s never been a great thinker has he?

At least you know where you stand with him I suppose.
That's what I took from it, he's a donkey but an honest one.

Also said he promised to buy the Giants women's team (which he volunteers as an assistant coach for) all dinner if they beat the Pies because he hates Collingwood.

Also said he promised to buy the Giants women's team (which he volunteers as an assistant coach for) all dinner if they beat the Pies because he hates Collingwood.

Bit strange from the Shaw's, usually don't they wait until there retired before they start potting the club?

Unfortunately he has clocked up 100 games with the Giants. Like Daisy didnt care about losing him, just didn’t want them to clock up 100 games for another club. Their kids just might turn out to be stars.

Unfortunately he has clocked up 100 games with the Giants. Like Daisy didnt care about losing him, just didn’t want them to clock up 100 games for another club. Their kids just might turn out to be stars.
I thought 100 was the old target (ie the Dean Rioli milestone).

I thought they’d increased it to 150 subsequently?

You misheard. He categorically said he does not hate Collingwood. But he did say he enjoys beating them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Heater, always will, but he should just shut the F/U...the Shaw name is legendary at Collingwood and he himself has helped create that. Surely one day he'll return to the club that gave him the opportunity to play for the club he grew up loving, tasting the ultimate success!
He and he only is to blame for having to play out his career elsewhere....Shame.

No.

We get absolutely nothing out of it.
We don't need him and to bring him in is backwards thinking.
We actually are putting together a nice pair of half backs- and we have Murray developing too.

Is there a link to this interview? If he hasn't had a good think about the reasons for his departure and his contribution to it he's a turkey.

The raft of big swinging dicks who left the pies because they didn't want to be told by Bucks what to do had runaway egos. Thomas pointing at the coaches box stands out as an ultimate flog act. Glad to see them all put out in their clapped out clubs.

So he confirmed what everyone knew he left because of Buckley no surprises there but he signed his own papers when we played Port in 2013 he basically had to go.He has been a fine player at GWS but he still has his moments even there,he is what 31 32 and we as team do not need him,eternally grateful for the smother but he was finished at Collingwood and if he does not want to come back with Buckley in charge he will have to until Buck,s has finished no problem he can sit on the sidelines and pot the club like his uncle.

Is there a link to this interview? If he hasn't had a good think about the reasons for his departure and his contribution to it he's a turkey.

The raft of big swinging dicks who left the pies because they didn't want to be told by Bucks what to do had runaway egos. Thomas pointing at the coaches box stands out as an ultimate flog act. Glad to see them all put out in their clapped out clubs.
Spot on. Amazing that as premiership hero's we should love these guys but such a decent chunk of that team were an embarrassment in the years following 2010. Good riddance to those.

Shaw does have a history of pointing the finger at others for his brainfades...
images (2).jpeg

I hope the irony of people with no knowledge of the situation potting a guy for sharing his forthright (and knowledgeable) opinion is not lost on some here...

Onya Heater never change :thumbsu:

What's the context for his comments?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back