Heath Streak has passed away

Remove this Banner Ad

I must admit when I saw the photo of him above from late August it did not look great.

What a superb career... 200 test wickets, keeping his average under 30 and a similar record in ODI's all whilst having nearly zero bowling support around him as well as dealing with the political shitstorm that was Zimbabwe in the early 2000s.

i was about to write to change the thread title till i found out he actually did pass away. How sad! So bloody young. Shame his legacy was tarnished by corruption and in that respect reminds me of the Zimbawean version of Chris Cairns.

i was about to write to change the thread title till i found out he actually did pass away. How sad! So bloody young. Shame his legacy was tarnished by corruption and in that respect reminds me of the Zimbawean version of Chris Cairns.
Yeah, I started the thread when it was being widely reported that he had passed (I did check). It turns out he hadn't and the media had all reported incorrectly.

Then not too long down the road he actually did pass away. Very sad, far too young, regardless of his cricketing indiscretions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back