News Heath Younie leaves for North Melbourne job

Leaving us to be an assistant at North Melbourne

Leaves a bit of a gap in the development coaching department. Lucky we hired Godden back to coach the SANFL team. We'll need a replacement here

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Leaves a bit of a gap in the development coaching department. Lucky we hired Godden back to coach the SANFL team. We'll need a replacement here
Ben Hart likes this....

Realistically, can see Thommo getting the role.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
This will be a big test for the club for me, we'll see if anything has changed...

So I think that since he had a role with us at this time of year means he had a valid and important position for next year. In charge of development, one of the most important roles for a club that is about to bring in a heap of young players, potentially the best we've ever had.

How do we replace him?

With a reshuffle having already happened, are we going to promote AGAIN, do we do what we've usually done at this time of year, move someone up a position, mix of taking on extra work and hiring someone inexperienced to come in at the bottom or are we going to go out and find the best person for the job?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

I wonder if Rahilly might fill the gap like he did at Geelong.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Damn this is exciting, I don't think we've had anyone poached and given a promotion since 2017 (and probably since before, the last one might have actually been Noble).
Teague?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
He was who I was thinking of with 2017, though I'm pulling a blank on if he was directly promoted when he went to Carlton, or moved sideways.
I think the writing was on the wall regards Bolton...I reckon that might have been behind Carlton's power brokers thinking?

Back