Status
Not open for further replies.

rooers06

Debutant
Aug 4, 2006
east compton
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sidebottom's clearance has been denied FYI. As for Ioranni, he might be able to play a bit of footy, hopefully for North's sake he can as you don't generally get players in from outside the local-ish area (Murray FL, Geelong, GV etc.) cheaply.

But are their new players going to be genuine standouts? Are they going to take them to the next level? I don't know, hopefully we can get some info. And maybe I was a bit hasty with my initial post, we'll see.

But IMO the only type of players I would be bringing in and paying coin to (bearing in mind they don't have many if any confirmed, significant outs at this stage other them James) if I were coaching North in the position they are in (cusp of finals) are out n out guns. You get them and persist with and/or try talent you already have.

There is no point pushing out a local who is just as good as a new recruit just to try and justify your spending (see K-Flat '09) or for the sake of it.

It remains to be seen if any of the myriad of other new players are guns, if not I don't see the point. Their crop did alright last year and just needs a couple to take them to the next level IMO, especially with the competition dropping off a touch IMO this year.

So far only Alford and Houlihan are names that stand out to me as good, big signings. Feel free to correct and enlighten me otherwise with perhaps more then 'he can play a bit' :)

both have played in top 5 gvfl senior sides under the age of 21. they are here for uni so there could be a little $ flying round anyway. ioranni is a skinny quick winger/onballer with great skills to hit houlihan and sidebottom is a talented tall who can play key forward, key back or ruck....should go well in this league i would hope:thumbsu: dean watson is a handy return. 70 goals a few yrs ago im pretty sure:)

but....to further stress your point...your correct cos as they say, 'a team of champions is not a champion team'....time will tell mate:D

Re: Heathcote DFL Part 4

both have played in top 5 gvfl senior sides under the age of 21. they are here for uni so there could be a little $ flying round anyway. ioranni is a skinny quick winger/onballer with great skills to hit houlihan and sidebottom is a talented tall who can play key forward, key back or ruck....should go well in this league i would hope:thumbsu: dean watson is a handy return. 70 goals a few yrs ago im pretty sure:)

but....to further stress your point...your correct cos as they say, 'a team of champions is not a champion team'....time will tell mate:D

Maybe I was flinging the 'poo' too willingly, if Ioranni and Sidebottom (if they do get him) indeed turn out to be match winners then kudos to Pasher and I look forward to seeing North improve.

I just thought another Alford-type calibre would be ideal. A bit of quality over quantity in regards to the many other they have picked up.

Maybe I was flinging the 'poo' too willingly, if Ioranni and Sidebottom (if they do get him) indeed turn out to be match winners then kudos to Pasher and I look forward to seeing North improve.

I just thought another Alford-type calibre would be ideal. A bit of quality over quantity in regards to the many other they have picked up.

you seem to (reckon) know about flats 09 expenditure tell me how much you reckon they spent compared to 08 or better yet who was better as a local then any of the recruits?......

also how they compare to other teams?

Sidebottom still had a jumper from last year which has now been returned and will sign another clearance form tonight and will be cleared sooner rather than later.

At the end of last year the club made sure they held on to 90% of the 1st and 2nd's list which they have. The club was aware of the large amount of turnover of players in previous years and that is what they wanted to change. It's alot easier to top up then replace!!:thumbsu:

Sidebottom still had a jumper from last year which has now been returned and will sign another clearance form tonight and will be cleared sooner rather than later.

At the end of last year the club made sure they held on to 90% of the 1st and 2nd's list which they have. The club was aware of the large amount of turnover of players in previous years and that is what they wanted to change. It's alot easier to top up then replace!!:thumbsu:
Well, then time will tell if it is the right way to go about it!

you seem to (reckon) know about flats 09 expenditure tell me how much you reckon they spent compared to 08 or better yet who was better as a local then any of the recruits?......

also how they compare to other teams?

This is a HDFL thread.

I was making an obvious statement about the way the Flat played recruits at the sometimes expense of their 'locals' without much difference in output. They won't be the first or last club to do so. Most honest BFL footy watchers will agree. Just my opinion though.

First paragraph is a great insight :thumbsu:

The 2nd para actually confuses me however bobbill. I agree with your rationale whole heartedly, but it doesn't seem to of been what has gone down at North :confused:

The number of clearances is there to be seen, and it's mostly from players outside the local-ish area as I stated. So unless they have been blessed with 5 or 6 blokes walking in the door saying 'Hey I wouldn't mind having a kick here' I dunno what to think. Then again they might be two's blokes in which case you would never turn them away. Any insights?

This is a HDFL thread.

I was making an obvious statement about the way the Flat played recruits at the sometimes expense of their 'locals' without much difference in output. They won't be the first or last club to do so. Most honest BFL footy watchers will agree. Just my opinion though.

The 2nd para actually confuses me however bobbill. I agree with your rationale whole heartedly, but it doesn't seem to of been what has gone down at North :confused:

The number of clearances is there to be seen, and it's mostly from players outside the local-ish area as I stated. So unless they have been blessed with 5 or 6 blokes walking in the door saying 'Hey I wouldn't mind having a kick here' I dunno what to think. Then again they might be two's blokes in which case you would never turn them away. Any insights?

really? didnt know it was the heathcote thread ? yet u brang it up!
btw knowing for a fact they dropped non locals to play locals.

really? didnt know it was the heathcote thread ? yet u brang it up!

Yeah I did, as a reference to improve my point for those with a bit of decent local footy knowledge, not to discuss it in detail with touchy supporters.

btw knowing for a fact they dropped non locals to play locals.

Yep, notice the use of the word sometimes in my post? Never said it was a 100%, constant thing, but there is no denying it occurred to the dislike of many. Of course there was times when a recruit was dropped and a local brought in, but it was not the trend.

I will say no more on this as I don't want to hi-jack this thread.

Here is the BFL Thread If you wanna discuss it further with some BFL posters.

Yeah I did, as a reference to improve my point for those with a bit of decent local footy knowledge, not to discuss it in detail with touchy supporters.

Yep, notice the use of the word sometimes in my post? Never said it was a 100%, constant thing, but there is no denying it occurred to the dislike of many. Of course there was times when a recruit was dropped and a local brought in, but it was not the trend.

I will say no more on this as I don't want to hi-jack this thread.

Here is the BFL Thread If you wanna discuss it further with some BFL posters.

i know where the bendigo thread is b ut there is a reason i am here HDFL footy news and thats it...
but i would suggest the facts no jutsification of money or player cos if they dont play ones no cash thats all i will say on it

The number of clearances is there to be seen, and it's mostly from players outside the local-ish area as I stated. So unless they have been blessed with 5 or 6 blokes walking in the door saying 'Hey I wouldn't mind having a kick here' I dunno what to think. Then again they might be two's blokes in which case you would never turn them away. Any insights?[/quote]

Regarding the 2nd paragraph, at the end of last year the club wanted to secure a high percentage of the playing group which they have. As you stated in your earlier post the club was aware that year after year there would be a large turnover of players and that the club was only replacing what they were losing and not expanding on their list. In simple terms the club was treading water.

Regarding the clearances being from outside the area, the club have been lucky to have tapped into the uni market. Yes we have paid money for some but when you get into the uni market they all seem to know blokes, where we have been lucky that they have said "Hey we wouldn't mind having a kick here!!!!":thumbsu:

Regarding the clearances being from outside the area, the club have been lucky to have tapped into the uni market. Yes we have paid money for some but when you get into the uni market they all seem to know blokes, where we have been lucky that they have said "Hey we wouldn't mind having a kick here!!!!":thumbsu:

Very fortunate indeed.

Hopefully they aren't paying them an arm and a leg and they don't get any noses out of joint by bringing them in.

Time will tell.

Thanks for the info and clarification!

hey does anybody know what nights heathcote are training??? big ump??? trying to track down a pair of boots..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

!!Bula Bula !! Stormboy, spud is working 2 jobs at the moment making lollies and looking after my place ,might have to stay a couple more days because of a cyclone can u tell Spud:thumbsu:

Ump, think I saw him having a garage sale at ur place yesty - apparently all stock has gone. All items sold came with a complimentary bag of lollies. May want to stay in ur hut in Fiji now !

Sale was in aid of the Spud Reid relief fund....:D

Ump, think I saw him having a garage sale at ur place yesty - apparently all stock has gone. All items sold came with a complimentary bag of lollies. May want to stay in ur hut in Fiji now !

Sale was in aid of the Spud Reid relief fund....:D
Have heard Spudda's biggest sale of the day was a "bag of lollies", apparently it was all Carlton stuff, should've kept that Fev gear Ump. Anyway what's goin' on in the HDFL?:thumbsu:

Can anyone help me out with how Colbo will go this year? It would give me an idea how Nagambie will shape up in their comp.

I seen the match against Nagambie on Friday night and Colbo were beaten by around 6 goals. They kicked 4 goals in the 1st 1/4 and only 5 for the game.

Have they got players to come back into the side that played on friday?

They also looked a bit flat, maybe because it was on a Friday night and they had all had a big week at work I am not sure.

Keep an eye out for the young kid Price at colbo this year, he looked to be a bit of a jet.

Can anyone help me out with how Colbo will go this year? It would give me an idea how Nagambie will shape up in their comp.

I seen the match against Nagambie on Friday night and Colbo were beaten by around 6 goals. They kicked 4 goals in the 1st 1/4 and only 5 for the game.

Have they got players to come back into the side that played on friday?

They also looked a bit flat, maybe because it was on a Friday night and they had all had a big week at work I am not sure.

Keep an eye out for the young kid Price at colbo this year, he looked to be a bit of a jet.

How many footballers woulda been involved in Colbo's cricket grand final over the weekend? Pretty proud club who wont slip too far despite what a few are suggesting, few clearances to lodge yet . . . . why not take the Nagambie/Colbo double and see if you can at least get a run for ya money ;)

I see on CVF that Robbie Bennett injuried his knee in a practice match, can anybody from North Bendigo tell me how serious it is?

I see on CVF that Robbie Bennett injuried his knee in a practice match, can anybody from North Bendigo tell me how serious it is?

Heard from Nth Bgo sources that Bomber tore muscle off the bone in the practice match. That being the case looking at least a minimum of 6 weeks on the sidelines.

Could also hamper the remainder of his season, as my understanding is that it takes a while for the muscle to heal itself. I'm no Doc Larkins tho, so don't quote me on that !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back