Heathcote DFL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was brought up a few pages ago, and it sounds unlikely he would leave Kilmore.
The mail is he won't be going there, they have recruited another goal kicker from Q.A.F.L. The rumour i heard yestdy was Heathcote are going to struggle to pay as much in 2011. any truth in that??

Only lost 2 from last years g/final side and they have been replaced:thumbsu:
Has thompson returned to heathcote? Looks like heathcote are gunna be strong again then! Elmore from who they have recruited will be in the 5, is there any talk on how lockington are travelling? u would think they will be in the 5 so that leaves 2 spots up 4 grabs?? Any word on North Bendigo recruiting? White Hills are on the move aswell as Colbo, looks at this stage that Mounts have missed the boat!! Any thoughts on how the top 5 will finish at this stage?

Has thompson returned to heathcote? Looks like heathcote are gunna be strong again then! Elmore from who they have recruited will be in the 5, is there any talk on how lockington are travelling? u would think they will be in the 5 so that leaves 2 spots up 4 grabs?? Any word on North Bendigo recruiting? White Hills are on the move aswell as Colbo, looks at this stage that Mounts have missed the boat!! Any thoughts on how the top 5 will finish at this stage?

internet musta crashed up there, this time of year is usually dominated with how well LBU are going ;)

doona & boys: heathcote prez sounds prety upbeat on chalky aulds website, but i suppose it would be a bid odd :) if he wasnt upbeat leading into xmas

seems 2 think his mob will be okay in '11

What sort of a role is Pappin going to play at Colbo?
I know he was a bit of a utility for us in 09 when he won the B&F.
Played anywhere, spent time in the ruck, even done the kick ins which normally ended up in the centre square

Jordon Ford, Josh Gitschem & Rick Dudley from Eaglehawk all at North Bendigo! ;) I have spoken to a m8 that played in the Bendigo comp & he said Gitschem was a :spade:

The Gitch is a star he will be a excellent pick up for North , Duds goes ok too , hard at it will give you 100% everytime he gets near the footy can be annoying to opposition players too and Fordy is a very classy young player will be very good if he stays fit all year

Any thoughts on Huntly this year?
A part from being a mamoth task i would think they are going to struggle against most teams this year!! Ash is a successful player & coach but my thoughts are they should of went with a younger playing coach who had mates he could call on. I havnt heard of what recruits they have but there isn't much talk on the streets of anyone interested in a hurry! i hear they have the $$$$$ but so do mounts & look where they have been the last couple years!!:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard the hard at it Jackson to Ech United next year???

hard at it jackson? not sure who your talking about there but i know matt jackson from locky is heading there because his cousin is coaching...:D

hard to get to a computer around locky these days as you have to wade through knee deep water and swarms of locusts just to get inside but all travelling well around here. should finish top 8 ;)

Matt Letcher to Elmore from Rochy

a lot of talk flying about that elmore will be the team to beat this year with their new recruits...much like every year though.

although i think some of there recruits this year are being over-rated a fair bit.
ie: matt letcher: plays 1 good quarter every 3 games and fringe player at rochy. also very injury prone.

sam williams: also not a consistent senior player at rochy over years but played a lot more this year. would have to play forward to have much impact

david romer: i hope they aren't paying this guy to much because my bet is he wont be playing in 1s by half way through the year. very average player unless he has improved dramatically over last year.

in summary. heathcote still the team to beat.

also like to point out that romer and williams are both locals and have now returned for big money....maybe elmore footy club should start looking after their local kids a bit more so they stay at the club instead of having to throw money at them to come back 5 years later because they never got a go....just a thought:rolleyes:

a lot of talk flying about that elmore will be the team to beat this year with their new recruits...much like every year though.

although i think some of there recruits this year are being over-rated a fair bit.
ie: matt letcher: plays 1 good quarter every 3 games and fringe player at rochy. also very injury prone.

sam williams: also not a consistent senior player at rochy over years but played a lot more this year. would have to play forward to have much impact

david romer: i hope they aren't paying this guy to much because my bet is he wont be playing in 1s by half way through the year. very average player unless he has improved dramatically over last year.

in summary. heathcote still the team to beat.

also like to point out that romer and williams are both locals and have now returned for big money....maybe elmore footy club should start looking after their local kids a bit more so they stay at the club instead of having to throw money at them to come back 5 years later because they never got a go....just a thought:rolleyes:

Some maybe overatted Barry, but a couple of other names spring to mind that will be more than handy...

Hardinge, Sunmmerhayes, Weekely, Bateman etc will inject plenty into Elmores senior side, and considering they were only a couple of kicks from a GF this year Im sure they only need a 10-15% improvement to take the next step (or 2 steps)

Still a Top 3 side for mine. Comfortably.

Some maybe overatted Barry, but a couple of other names spring to mind that will be more than handy...

Hardinge, Sunmmerhayes, Weekely, Bateman etc will inject plenty into Elmores senior side, and considering they were only a couple of kicks from a GF this year Im sure they only need a 10-15% improvement to take the next step (or 2 steps)

Still a Top 3 side for mine. Comfortably.

I would have to partially agree with you Brent. Elmore have injected some talent into a side that wasnt far off making it. Correct!

But they have lost the services of Ian Kay who I rate as just about the best onballer rolling around over the past couple years. Without Kay in the final against Locky at North This year they wouldnt have gone any further.

Ash Trollop has also left. He is also going to be hard to replace. Correct me if im wrong but im sure he was in the team of the year.....

Wasnt he a key position player in that side that won the flag the year before last? Full Back and ruck? Pretty handy competition I believe! Suffered last year with a crook back too I heard. But I hope ur right Barry, Definately top six for mine :D

Fantom

Wasnt he a key position player in that side that won the flag the year

playing off the bench is never key position. went ok, but wont set the world on fire

I see Mt.Pleasant have appointed Grinton as their coach, Mt.P obviously scraped the barrel as low as possible!

I could never accept a coaching job knowing i wasnt the clubs 1st priority.

Wasnt he a key position player in that side that won the flag the year

playing off the bench is never key position. went ok, but wont set the world on fire

Was also Rochys player of the finals the year after the flag, playin at fb/chb which last time i checked was a key position. Could play forward but pretty hard to break into a forward line tht consisted of E.Bowan, K.Oliver and B.Anderson.

I see Mt.Pleasant have appointed Grinton as their coach, Mt.P obviously scraped the barrel as low as possible!

I could never accept a coaching job knowing i wasnt the clubs 1st priority.

Ha you are right,but i would like to know who is really coaching Mounts all of a sudden they have forgotten about the other bloke, gee it has been a while i have even forgotten his name:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back