Heathcote DFL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont forget that LBU will also have a ruckman this year in Vanderbosch who is capable of feeding this midfield. I agree with previous that Oliver will be 1 player that can win games for LBU. Key position, can mark and kick and loves a blue. Saw him punch six shades of snot out of a bloke from Shepp 2 years ago after he was struck from behind. The midfield was lacking a genuine tap ruckman last year and was shown up in finals as could not get enough of the cod in the middle.
Looking forward to Elmore and Heathcote V LBU as I reckon its time to start talking them up. They have recruited better than anyone including Elmore over the last 2 years.

All i can to u,winners are grinners HA HA HA

All i can to u,winners are grinners HA HA HA

First game of the season means little. Wait for a full team on the park. With Oliver going off 2nd quarter you were gifted a game as he was the difference.

I'll stand by my comments as you have a premature problem and go off a bit early.

Originally posted by The Big Arab

I'll stand by my comments as you have a premature problem and go off a bit early.

You must know Big Ump really well!

First game of the season means little. Wait for a full team on the park. With Oliver going off 2nd quarter you were gifted a game as he was the difference.

is murphy playing again this year

Originally posted by The Big Arab

You must know Big Ump really well!

haha, nice call.

was a good game yesterday and every one will be waiting fot these teaMs to meet again. i dare say there will be a few marked men from heathcote who will find themselves in a lot of strife next time. ie. condon, jaques.

haha, nice call.

was a good game yesterday and every one will be waiting fot these teaMs to meet again. i dare say there will be a few marked men from heathcote who will find themselves in a lot of strife next time. ie. condon, jaques.

Do u really want to go down that path Farva,u seem to have forgot the next time we meet it will be at H/Cote and i can tell u this the level of toughness goes up another level when we play at home,so your snipper number 35 will not get off so lightly:( next time

haha, nice call.

Do u really want to go down that path Farva,u seem to have forgot the next time we meet it will be at H/Cote and i can tell u this the level of toughness goes up another level when we play at home,so your snipper number 35 will not get off so lightly:( next time

Bloody snippers ;)

haha, nice call.

Sounds like there was a bit of heat in the game lads anything specific or just general stuff???

haha, nice call.

Ump, forget about the above, but there seems to be some serious issues with the Under 17's judging by the following score:

46.12-288 LBUdef.Heathcote 0.0-0Detailed Results

Realise that LBU are last years U17 premiers. Noted that there were only 14 players name for the Saints. Whats the story with the Under 17's ? This type of shellacking can't be good for the league or the club....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a close competition this year compared to previous years, had a look at colbo and lets just say they could be real strugglers this year, while north bendigo looked good with a fair midfield & houlihan looked good, wouldn ride off white hills yet as they had more scoring shots then north, they looked good all over just need to finish off.
Was told heathcote looked poor, can anyone say how chapman and his boys went?

Originally from Shepparton, the kid is an athlete, when he has a crack, could play forwed or down back & has the potential to kick 80 + goals
If that was number 44 matey on the performance on Saturday he would have to improve about 1000 percent to get any where near 80 goals

Should be a close competition this year compared to previous years, had a look at colbo and lets just say they could be real strugglers this year, while north bendigo looked good with a fair midfield & houlihan looked good, wouldn ride off white hills yet as they had more scoring shots then north, they looked good all over just need to finish off.
Was told heathcote looked poor, can anyone say how chapman and his boys went?

Who ever told u that Heathcote looked poor then i really feel for the locky SOOKS,and like some one has all ready said on here it is the first game of the year and by the way Heathcote did have 3 top class footballers out of Saturdays match none no bigger than Lech Fearthstone.:rolleyes:
Chapman and his boys done well can only get better:thumbsu:

Enough already. A few Questions about other games in the round. What was the verdict of the night game? How did the lights go? What were L/G like in their first game. Are North the real deal? Where's Cheese?

Enough already. A few Questions about other games in the round. What was the verdict of the night game? How did the lights go? What were L/G like in their first game. Are North the real deal? Where's Cheese?

Thought the lights were pretty flash, certainly something worth pursuing more of I reckon. Game didnt reach any great heights until a desperate final quarter demanded some efforts lifted. Must admit I thought there was a bigger rivalry than what played out Friday night and expected a bit more niggle, perhaps round one, both sides feeling out new recruits etc etc.

Thoroughly enjoyed me trip back to the HDFL and the chats I had with a few familiar faces - although it felt pretty awkward standing in a Mounts changing room :eek:.

Going back to saintsby12pts' query its pretty simple, get to 18's sooner rather than later and fall into line with the majority of the VCFL. Dont wanna go over old ground and the Saints were one mob that backed us (Broady) every time we pushed for it, but I think a few thought if they ignored it long enough we'd be forced to F**K off and then they'd do something about it. Expect a real consideration within the next 12 months and common sense should prevail (I hope for all your clubs sake)

hey bull didnt see the scores from the weekend how did they go.:thumbsu:

Going back to saintsby12pts' query its pretty simple, get to 18's sooner rather than later and fall into line with the majority of the VCFL. Dont wanna go over old ground and the Saints were one mob that backed us (Broady) every time we pushed for it, but I think a few thought if they ignored it long enough we'd be forced to F**K off and then they'd do something about it. Expect a real consideration within the next 12 months and common sense should prevail (I hope for all your clubs sake)[/quote]

So your saying that all the top age Heathcote 3rds players have scooted off to a surrounding club with u18's ?

So your saying that all the top age Heathcote 3rds players have scooted off to a surrounding club with u18's ?

Got me f**ked I couldnt care less to be honest. All I was suggesting is that most HDFL clubs have lost kids in recent times to neighbouring clubs who field U/18's and can provide that extra year of under age football - then it becomes a battle to get them back home. Surely if 18s came into vogue then you have a better chance of keeping more of your kids and providing that extra year of development as their bodies grow. You'll always have that freaky kid who is built like a man early or has abilities to play senior footy at a young age, but this is more about retention of your own, that is what I was trying to say.

They looked quite good from close up, Houlihan will be much better than James in terms of team culture, doesnt mind passing the ball and leads up the ground, could say he has nearly covered more ground thean james already.

North kicked really well for goal and at one stage i believe were 13.2 whilst we were 6.10 or something like that. Compared to Hills they have those bigger bodies and couple classier players, although at stages Hills were able to dominate the clearances and pile on quick goals but was only short lived on each occasion.

So would have to say they are going to be a tough team to beat and match it with most teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back