Heathcote DFL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Three big losses for the club in Bowles, Ford and Rogers, plus a few others. I haven't been around the club as much as I would've liked but there seems to be a fair array of new faces on the track which is always good. Unfortunately there's only two or three at the club over 6 foot which may cause us a problem quote]

Got a mosquito fleet there at Scott St. Whilst speaking about the taller fellas I see my old team mate Cam Ross is traveling up to play at the cashed up Bombers. I always thought he would end up back at Mounts

Heard on the bush telegraph that the practice game between Heathcote and Broadford on the weekend had plenty in it, with the match being called off due to a brawl involving both players and spectators. Any truth ??

Heard on the bush telegraph that the practice game between Heathcote and Broadford on the weekend had plenty in it, with the match being called off due to a brawl involving both players and spectators. Any truth ??
Wouldn't surprise me. They've always been a pack of thugs at Heathcote! :)

The match was played with a lot of spirit. Certainly was not called off. We at Broadford are looking for a practise match this Saturday - netballers included Nagambie have pulled out of a practice match this Saturday against us due to a few big injury concerns. It would have to be an away game for us. Anyone interested contact the 1st coach. Skip bray on 0438056613.

Well here's my thoughts
1. Huntly
2. Mounts
3. LBU
4. Colbo
5. Elmore
6. North
7. Heathcote
8. L/Gunbower
9. White Hills

Fantom :cool:
You obviously haven't heard the off field news during the pre season phantom! L/gunbower will easily make the finals, only thing that will prevent this from happening is if they get injuries. Heard they smashed Ballan in a praccy match yesterday and were missing 4-5 of the gun recruits. Young, quick and now with some valuable experience and A grade midfielders in their side. Will be a ripping game rd1 v reigning premiers. I think they may surprise a few, although it sounds crazy, I have seen it before, last to first! I stand to be corrected, but think it's crazy to say they'll finish 2nd last!

You obviously haven't heard the off field news during the pre season phantom! L/gunbower will easily make the finals, only thing that will prevent this from happening is if they get injuries. Heard they smashed Ballan in a praccy match yesterday and were missing 4-5 of the gun recruits. Young, quick and now with some valuable experience and A grade midfielders in their side. Will be a ripping game rd1 v reigning premiers. I think they may surprise a few, although it sounds crazy, I have seen it before, last to first! I stand to be corrected, but think it's crazy to say they'll finish 2nd last!

My apologies Speccy, I reckon you're right, although I have heard whispers that some of the gun recruits LG have picked up aren't quite training as hard as some of the local boys who train 2-3 nights a week. Anyway, I'll have another go.

1. L/Gunbower
2. Mounts
3. LBU
4. Colbo
5. Elmore
6. North
7. Heathcote
8. Huntly
9. White Hills

Fantom ;)

P.S. Do you really think I believe my Hillies will finish last? :D

My apologies Speccy, I reckon you're right, although I have heard whispers that some of the gun recruits LG have picked up aren't quite training as hard as some of the local boys who train 2-3 nights a week. Anyway, I'll have another go.

Must be loud whispers Fanto as theyve been heard down this way too, couple already over the thought of the km's ahead of them travel wise in 2013

LG did beat Ballan by about 10 goals in a 6 quarter game on Saturday, but only 27 made the trip up to Gunbower from Ballan, while LG had over 50 play. 8-10 of Ballans best weren't playing either so I wouldn't be getting too carried away with that result. Having said that they did looked quick and skillful and played an attractive style of footy so I would be surprised if they don't make an impact this season with a few more to come in. Good bunch of blokes too and were good hosts.

One piece of disturbing news for me today was how well Mt Pleasant looked in their praccy match on the weekend. Sounds like my 9th most favorite team in the comp are on track for a ripper year :(

Fantom \m/

One piece of disturbing news for me today was how well Mt Pleasant looked in their praccy match on the weekend. Sounds like my 9th most favorite team in the comp are on track for a ripper year :(

Fantom \m/

The were very very good. Good strong midfield and the big bloke up front will take some stopping. Even though I was on the opposition side yesterday I was pleased to see my old mob looking like they will be there abouts this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LG did beat Ballan by about 10 goals in a 6 quarter game on Saturday, but only 27 made the trip up to Gunbower from Ballan, while LG had over 50 play. 8-10 of Ballans best weren't playing either so I wouldn't be getting too carried away with that result. Having said that they did looked quick and skillful and played an attractive style of footy so I would be surprised if they don't make an impact this season with a few more to come in. Good bunch of blokes too and were good hosts.

As the last recruit left from Echuca how did Merls go after missing last year with his shoulder?

any truth to the rumour over the weekend that Elmore are REALLY struggling and if they have a side might not be coached by the coach who initially signed on to do so?

Am lead to believe they dont have enough players on paper for 2 teams.

Geez the old HDFL thread is just about rooted, Rd.1 lads who are the tips?

For me, I reckon North, LBU, Huntly, Heathcote. Good luck to everyone for 2013, no doubt I'll see a few old faces either on a bye weekend for us, or thru the finals.

Geez the old HDFL thread is just about rooted, Rd.1 lads who are the tips?

For me, I reckon North, LBU, Huntly, Heathcote. Good luck to everyone for 2013, no doubt I'll see a few old faces either on a bye weekend for us, or thru the finals.

I will have a go at North, Leitch/Gunbower, Huntly and Heathcote.

Best of luck to all clubs and new players.

Good to have the footy back. Pleasant outing today at North Bendigo for all involved at the Hills. Apparently The Hillies aren't quite as sh1t as some may have suggested :D

Good to have the footy back. Pleasant outing today at North Bendigo for all involved at the Hills. Apparently The Hillies aren't quite as sh1t as some may have suggested :D
Dropped in for a look at this one myself. New recruits seemed to go well for White Hills. The stalwarts in Sawyer, Lehane, Wrights, Curtin and Frecker were solid. Thought for North to take the next step they would of punished White Hills when they had them on the ropes, but instead of concentrating on the footy a few undisciplined acts cost them dearly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back