Heathcote DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 16, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey guys, my name is Jase Tom and I'm currently based in Geelong but when the QLD borders open up in a months time I am heading up to Cairns to start a Coaching/Footy Ops Manager gig at the North Cairns Footy Club.

I'm on the hunt for any Victorians (male and female) interested in chasing a break from our cold winters and playing some footy up north for a season or two. There are lots of options available to travelling Victorians!

If you or someone else would be interested, please drop me an email for more info at seniors@northcairnstigers.com.au

B.Padmore,Moonee valley 6 edfl team of year,2 bf
S Harrison Deer Park
others havent got their names

Liam Birch, Bill Direen and Connor Hamilton from Wallan. Not sure who the 4th is.

Jackson Conforti from Kyneton.

Andrew Saladino's a smart young man who should make an excellent coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How have the practice matches been going throughout the league any hopefuls or teams with concern for the year

I would be surprised if the top 4 isn't LBU, North, Colbo and Mounts. Maybe not in that order. Big improver Heathcote.
After a little flash in a pan white hills stint it looks like we are back to the old stock standard. I'm kind of hoping Maiden Gulley make a move into the league bring in some players and maybe compete a little. I'm hearing they have some nice facilities which should be appealing to new players

After a little flash in a pan white hills stint it looks like we are back to the old stock standard. I'm kind of hoping Maiden Gulley make a move into the league bring in some players and maybe compete a little. I'm hearing they have some nice facilities which should be appealing to new players
Maiden Gully are struggling to put a 2's side out according to the LV thread

One of the best!

Looking forward to seeing how Heathcote goes under Andrew Saladino. A terrific bloke who I think will turn into a really good coach. Has recruited some of the Wallan youngsters who'll give the comp a good shake.

Who makes the decision on whether lights are up for night games.

Popped in to watch the Colbo- Elmore game. Geez. I find it hard to believe those lights are up to standard.

Chatting to an umpire who wasn’t officiating and he commented that he would have serious issues trying to see everything out there.

Great to have night games but doesn’t it have to be of some standard?

What is the reserves comp looking like this year around the area? Has Covid impacted many clubs ability to put teams on the park? What about Numbers wise, behaviour, consistency, etc?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back