Status
Not open for further replies.

nesko_25

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2006
In a cave
AFL Club
Essendon
In an effort to keep the database nice and tidy and help with data retreival this thread has been started

How do Colbo look this year? I played out ther some years ago and they always are a side that seem to win a lot of games but never get big heads are they still the same and are they a chance at the flag this year? I also see Sam Hill is having a big year, would he need to go to the footy in a ute to fit all the cash in after the game or is he playing for the love of the club?

Huntly, having played against Loring many years ago I would agree that he is not the player he was but injuries have hit him pretty hard. At least he is playing for the right reasons which is fun and to have a run around with his mates unlike many players around country footy leagues these days

Very good.

What type of player is he? A midfielder? Is he any good?

makes the players run to space. Does have the ability to kick a few. Won the b and f from sam newth ( and rightly so....) last year and did play pios untill a broken ankle (I think). Very fit and is a good pick up for rochy, awesome bloke to have around the club

Tommy Maddo has pulled of a coup, Adam "Gumpy" Shawcross has been named at full forward in the 2s tom. Last game he played was at WH and had 6 or something by quarter time then he did his knee[/quote]

You in the reserves tomorrow Roota? Didn't see your name in the paper

Tight game at H/cote yesterday, North pushed them all the way the margin about 5 goals in the end.It had everythink 2 male streakers, the supporters getting right into it,and a good hard game of footy.Can not wait for the return game i hope North can out do the streakers,never seen it before in this League:thumbsu:

was a good tight game ump but disgracefull behavior by both groups of supporters and i hope the commitee of the club heathcte that is take the action needed for the image of the club, to see the seconds coach run on the ground when the brawl broke out was unforgivable and they need to act before the legue become involved

What's the story with the Mounts Broady game? Obviously Broadford got the points but after speaking to a few Mounts boys last night they believe the scores may have been wrong and the result should have been the other way around?

What's the story with the Mounts Broady game? Obviously Broadford got the points but after speaking to a few Mounts boys last night they believe the scores may have been wrong and the result should have been the other way around?

No story Go Gully, there was never any question who won and the result was never gunna go the other way :mad: We had a goal ump go down at half time and the kid who filled in I think made a blue on the card.

Myself, Cam Carter and a Mounts offical spoke about it all afterwards as we both knew who had won the game - and the scores and goalkickers both camps had recorded proved that 100%.

Tight game at H/cote yesterday, North pushed them all the way the margin about 5 goals in the end.It had everythink 2 male streakers, the supporters getting right into it,and a good hard game of footy.Can not wait for the return game i hope North can out do the streakers,never seen it before in this League:thumbsu:
How were the supporters getting into it gUmp?

Streakers and the Morgan cheer squad from Romsey should've been the highlight, but after calling past Barrack Reserve last night many HFNC people weren't too proud of the fact a segment of the crowd apparently came to fisticuffs after a melee on the playing field spilt near the boundary line :(

No story Go Gully, there was never any question who won and the result was never gunna go the other way :mad: We had a goal ump go down at half time and the kid who filled in I think made a blue on the card.

Myself, Cam Carter and a Mounts offical spoke about it all afterwards as we both knew who had won the game - and the scores and goalkickers both camps had recorded proved that 100%.

Some of the worst umpiring i have ever witnessed from the bald guy. Made Morris look good which wasnt saying much. I fully understand how hard it is to get umpires and hate to umpire bash, but it can drag the standard of the league down with terrible displays such as yesterday. Morris regularly called a decision when the bald guy was the controling umpire which to me showed his lack of faith in the guy also. He needs to be umpiring u12's somehwere far away from here.

Streakers and the Morgan cheer squad from Romsey should've been the highlight, but after calling past Barrack Reserve last night many HFNC people weren't too proud of the fact a segment of the crowd apparently came to fisticuffs after a melee on the playing field spilt near the boundary line :(

Morgan cheer squad from romsey had already departed the ground before the malee......:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like i said to RWB more pushing than fisticuffs lets not blow this out to be the main topic of the weekend:thumbsu:

Like i said to RWB more pushing than fisticuffs lets not blow this out to be the main topic of the weekend:thumbsu:

Was only stirring you up a bit earlier mate as Im sure most Saints people woulda known where my mail came from although I do reckon a push and shove that involved a Broadford crowd would certainly be the main topic ;) These things happen Ump, just as long as know one got hurt I guess it's no big deal.

Some of the worst umpiring i have ever witnessed from the bald guy. Made Morris look good which wasnt saying much. I fully understand how hard it is to get umpires and hate to umpire bash, but it can drag the standard of the league down with terrible displays such as yesterday. Morris regularly called a decision when the bald guy was the controling umpire which to me showed his lack of faith in the guy also. He needs to be umpiring u12's somehwere far away from here.

You are not wrong there mate. The bald bloke was a disgrace. He started badly but then as the game got tighter and the pressure increased he got worse. That sort of umpiring ruins games and puts players in a very tough spot because he was blatantly wrong on many occassions

You are not wrong there mate. The bald bloke was a disgrace. He started badly but then as the game got tighter and the pressure increased he got worse. That sort of umpiring ruins games and puts players in a very tough spot because he was blatantly wrong on many occassions
We had the bald one in Gary Goudge the week before with Morris and he was good, actually they were both quite good.

ive seen 2 heathcote league games 2 bfl and 1 down in melb this year and the umps have been disgraceful.

i havent played for a few years but as ive aged ive noticed over the last 20 years the players have got faster, fitter and more skillfull yet the umpires havent progressed at all.
the blame needs to go towards the umpire coaching and they law makers but dont worry the umpires that wlk out on a saturday need to pull their heads in too.
there consistantly inconsistant and need to umpire by the feel of the game.

theyve been a protected specie for too long and as soon as the can be publicly criticised and learn to deal with the critism constructively they might start to improve for the better.
too many power trippers that love the attention.

im sure theres umpires that read bigfooty , start realising why your getting bagged so often.
i run into the odd ump around the traps from my footy days and usually stop for a chat and even they bag current umpiring.

rumour has it that m.walsh,B. edwards along with high profile foward n. Beck are making the move over to Heathcote next year from the g.v

ive seen 2 heathcote league games 2 bfl and 1 down in melb this year and the umps have been disgraceful.

i havent played for a few years but as ive aged ive noticed over the last 20 years the players have got faster, fitter and more skillfull yet the umpires havent progressed at all.
the blame needs to go towards the umpire coaching and they law makers but dont worry the umpires that wlk out on a saturday need to pull their heads in too.

theyve been a protected specie for too long and as soon as the can be publicly criticised and learn to deal with the critism constructively they might start to improve for the better.

im sure theres umpires that read bigfooty , start realising why your getting bagged so often.
i run into the odd ump around the traps from my footy days and usually stop for a chat and even they bag current umpiring.

Have to agree Ablett. The best umpires let play go a bit in wet conditions and don't get too whistle happy. Just pay the ones that are really there and let the rest go. Just because they wear orange doesn't make them the centre of attention!

Good game on the weekend Elmore V Colbo, Elmore sneaking home by 2 points. Straight kicking was the difference in the sides. Good to see young Jack Hayes take a timely mark in the last qtr. Sam Hill was down a bit on his usual form with Schuey playing a really good game. Both sides had their chances throughout the day. Thought Colbo may have struggled with a few smaller bodies, but played pretty well. Thought Colbo needed to use the corridor more as they seemed to be stuck on the wings a bit. Should

Have to agree Ablett. The best umpires let play go a bit in wet conditions and don't get too whistle happy. Just pay the ones that are really there and let the rest go. Just because they wear orange doesn't make them the centre of attention!

Good game on the weekend Elmore V Colbo, Elmore sneaking home by 2 points. Straight kicking was the difference in the sides. Good to see young Jack Hayes take a timely mark in the last qtr. Sam Hill was down a bit on his usual form with Schuey playing a really good game. Both sides had their chances throughout the day. Thought Colbo may have struggled with a few smaller bodies, but played pretty well. Thought Colbo needed to use the corridor more as they seemed to be stuck on the wings a bit. Should make it interesting next time they meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back