Not open for further replies.

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Re: Heathcote DFL part 2

I dont know any of the names here and dont take this the wrong way but do HDFL clubs really think its a good step to take on BFL reserves and LVFL players as Senior coaches? I just dont think it would be as attractive to incoming players as per a Lock, Southcombe etc.

Playing coach who is good enough has got to be more attractive than non playing coach
I would rather have had Lock as playing coach than Bluey as non playing as I reckon its worth more to the club and you also get a gun player. Some clubs need an older coach as they have a good mixture of youth and experience but coaching from the sidelines only gets you so far. Probably harder on a playing coach as has to have alot of good people around them as hard enough concentrating on getting a kick first and foremost.

And no disrepect to Bluey as he was a gun player and proven non playing coach but just my opinion on this coaching situation.

Just dont like the way some of the committee just say g'day to the "big recruits" and dont have much to say to the blokes who come to the club because they wanted to come, with no cash incentives.

Nesko, unless things have done a complete 180 in the single season I have been away from elmore then this statement is very far fetched and from my experience in 4 years at the club very very untrue. Committee at elmore like all committees im sure do a sensational job in making everyone feel welcome at the club and like all clubs you tend to get out what you put in.

Just dont like the way some of the committee just say g'day to the "big recruits" and dont have much to say to the blokes who come to the club because they wanted to come, with no cash incentives.

I was wondering why the computer was so slow but Id say Nesko might of ruffled a few responces....
If your so interested/disheartened/disappointed Nesko in what is happening at Elmore at training or on a Sat Id say to you get over it.
If I made comment that I didnt like how committee or supporters treated players at other clubs Id expect to be set straight....
You know what Nesko Im not even going to bother reading some of your past posts it seems the Norm for you to have a little dig at Elmore every now and then....
Hooroo Nesko seeya!!!!

White Hills had their first pre-season session last night, there was about 40 0dd in attendance with some new faces amongst them.
The ground is green and lush which is always a bonus this time of year.

The session started with a 6k time trial through the bush and apparently Dave "POOPS" McConnell still is'nt back yet!

White Hills had their first pre-season session last night, there was about 40 0dd in attendance with some new faces amongst them.

The session started with a 6k time trial through the bush and apparently Dave "POOPS" McConnell still is'nt back yet!

I don't think I've ever ran 6km , infact if you add up my time trial runs from last pre season they only just equalled 6km . wait and see how many of the 40 don't return until feb. what ever happened to the late starting HDFL they I used to know and love ?:(

i see Bart has knocked 4k's off the first time trial of the year. 10k's last year wasn't it :D

I don't think I've ever ran 6km , infact if you add up my time trial runs from last pre season they only just equalled 6km . wait and see how many of the 40 don't return until feb. what ever happened to the late starting HDFL they I used to know and love ?:(

It became a better standard of football, thats what happened. And if players dont like it they can play twos or keep on getting flogged by the better clubs...

It became a better standard of football, thats what happened. And if players dont like it they can play twos or keep on getting flogged by the better clubs...

I agree dirk , the standard has improved out of sight , but 6km time trials in november , 3k's would be sufficiant . All the best for the season in five months time .:thumbsu:

I agree dirk , the standard has improved out of sight , but 6km time trials in november , 3k's would be sufficiant . All the best for the season in five months time .:thumbsu:

Theres nothing wrong with starting early to get few kms in the legs before christmas, otherwise its a long way back. You are definately correct about the distnaces though, 6kms is a bit much and would probably discourage a few of the fringe players from coming back...

happens alot doesnt it ack? in fact i hear on the grape vine that you, yourself turned up tothe first training and have been busy since. altough you have started earlier then the HDFL clubs. pretty sure most teams will try and get a few weeks in before christmas for the people that are keen. but like acky said it will be interesting to see how many people stay keen if first training is a 6km run.........:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nesko, unless things have done a complete 180 in the single season I have been away from elmore then this statement is very far fetched and from my experience in 4 years at the club very very untrue. Committee at elmore like all committees im sure do a sensational job in making everyone feel welcome at the club and like all clubs you tend to get out what you put in.

Bloodhound I'm just repeating what I was told by a few players who used to play with you club and now at the bloods. They had nothing but praise for people like Kochy and Mud but they felt they were not given as much time as some of the other players.

I was wondering why the computer was so slow but Id say Nesko might of ruffled a few responces....
If your so interested/disheartened/disappointed Nesko in what is happening at Elmore at training or on a Sat Id say to you get over it.
If I made comment that I didnt like how committee or supporters treated players at other clubs Id expect to be set straight....
You know what Nesko Im not even going to bother reading some of your past posts it seems the Norm for you to have a little dig at Elmore every now and then....
Hooroo Nesko seeya!!!!

Congrats, you like 70% of other people on the forum know who I am. Being an Elmore boy I hear a fair bit about the club from the people involved and long time supporters. I think Elmore have done a wonderful job over the past 3 years but, like alot of locals, would like to see some more "local boys faces" in the team. If your are going to recruit why not try and recruit local players back to the club. Ingram, Tuohey, Spizzica, Williams etc. I would rather recruit and pay good local players than recruit and pay people who had never heard of Elmore. Look at Colbo, the Hills left and they got them back along with there friends and it has got them a premiership and sustained success

just wondering if anyone from heathcote can tell me a bit about how james baker goes? he has moved to albury and i just want to know a bit of info on his footy. cheers

Bloodhound I'm just repeating what I was told by a few players who used to play with you club and now at the bloods. They had nothing but praise for people like Kochy and Mud but they felt they were not given as much time as some of the other players.

Congrats, you like 70% of other people on the forum know who I am. Being an Elmore boy I hear a fair bit about the club from the people involved and long time supporters. I think Elmore have done a wonderful job over the past 3 years but, like alot of locals, would like to see some more "local boys faces" in the team. If your are going to recruit why not try and recruit local players back to the club. Ingram, Tuohey, Spizzica, Williams etc. I would rather recruit and pay good local players than recruit and pay people who had never heard of Elmore. Look at Colbo, the Hills left and they got them back along with there friends and it has got them a premiership and sustained success

spot on norm, always have to look after your locals or else once the money players leave the locals are likely to tell the club where to go, the exact kind of thing that ruins a club

It's easy to drive the knife into Elmore about having very few locals in the senior side but the fact is they dont have many Locals that are good enough. So if they want to be in the mix in the mean time they need to go down the path they are.

It's easy to drive the knife into Elmore about having very few locals in the senior side but the fact is they dont have many Locals that are good enough. So if they want to be in the mix in the mean time they need to go down the path they are.

Totally agree Junky. These clubs would die in the arse if they had nothing but locals play. What's the population of Elmore? It's good to have some locals, but it's not like little towns such as this are thriving and can afford to have majority local players.

Rob Tuohey, vic rep pios etc moved to canberra to play. Would love to play for elmore. Jay Spizzica won GV thirds medal and playes for rochy. Sam Williams, played in rochys flag this year. Brady Childs -if they offered enough coin. Not sure what steve ingram and Powelly are up to. Al morris would still get a game at elmore. Just off the top of my head. Elmore have had a lot of great players that head to Rochy to play unfer 16s. Players like Tuohey, Childs and Williams would play at Elmore if they were offered the same cash as some of the other "out of town recruits" but I dont know about childs but havnt chased Tuohey and Williams to hard

Rob Tuohey, vic rep pios etc moved to canberra to play. Would love to play for elmore. Jay Spizzica won GV thirds medal and playes for rochy. Sam Williams, played in rochys flag this year. Brady Childs -if they offered enough coin. Not sure what steve ingram and Powelly are up to. Al morris would still get a game at elmore. Just off the top of my head. Elmore have had a lot of great players that head to Rochy to play unfer 16s. Players like Tuohey, Childs and Williams would play at Elmore if they were offered the same cash as some of the other "out of town recruits" but I dont know about childs but havnt chased Tuohey and Williams to hard

You are right nesky . But wrong however to accuse one club of this infraction. It is a sad tale of clubs everywhere .
In a money saving operation they don't offer locals much and pull on their loyalty strings to get them on the park , and then pay players of the same or lesser quality from elsewhere to bolster the numbers .
As a result that clubs mediocre players end up playing elsewhere for cash and players from somewhere else end up playing there for a bit of bugs bunny .
It sounds familiar doesn't it

Sorry Nesko as per your previous post, Im actually not sure who you are mate!!!

As for the players mentioned above I can assure you that each and every one of them have been spoken to over a number of years. Abviously without success...

For whatever reason....
Here is a few Mr recruiting Manager for Elmore (Nesko)..
: Retirement, Wanting Over 800 dollars a game plus petrol money, Wanting to play at a better standard as to increase there stocks down the track (Fair enough) and being offered $20,000 just to be a player at another club. One of those guys has been playing at Elmore when playing footy.

There is just a few of the reasons those guys have not come back to Elmore yet... And I say yet as there is a hope that they will be back playing footy for Elmore at some stage...

Nesko Im not sure if youv ever done any recruiting yourself or youv just formed your opinions about who should recruit who...

Nesko your more than welcome to help Elmore out recruiting mate seeing you seem to know who we need and then you may gain a better understanding on just how hard it is.....

Doors open Nesko..

Can't see Rob Touhey coming back in the short term, had a pretty good year at Ainslie. Spizz and Willo would both be worth chasing, its a matter of whether they want to come back into the HDFL when Rochy are figuring in the 4 for next year all going well. Brady Childs would likely want to try and play at a higher standard for another couple of years before returning to the Bloods. Al Morris would be hitting up to 36 years old, and his best footy is likely to be behind him, as well as probably wanting some big money to return. Not sure whether Powelly and the Ingram boys have played much footy in the last couple of years, so whether they're keen would be a bigger hurdle.

You are right that the locals are the ones that make the club, but without the imports you don't generally win flags, which is what it is all about. And the blokes like Wes, Cam, Billy, and others, have proven to be long term players for the Bloods, after being considered "IMPORTS". Its all about the mix.

What I'm tying to say is it is my personal preferance ( and a few peoples around Elmore) that the club pays $200 a game to a good local rather than $200 a game to someone who may only be a the club for a year or two. I used to love the bloods back in the day but over the past few years the ball has moved to bendi and the pubs are dead after 7pm on satdy nights. I'm just saying I'd rather see Elmore be successful with those guys who were there whether playing 3rds or 1s when times were tough and they didnt win a game. I know it may not be possible with telent around the town but Elmore has produced some very good footballers in the last 10 years.

I could see Tuohey returning to Elmore in the next 5 years, if not in the next 2. Randallbone you are right about Wes, Cam and Billy but it was obvious from the get go they would stick around as they got involved in the social club straight away, same with Danny Childs.

Acky not accusing Elmore as there are alot of teams in this comp and all over vic that do it but just looking at a few sides around that have alot of locals like Colbo, Rochy, Mainland etc they tend to do well. I also know its hard for a small town to hold there telented youths but I believe its vital to a clubs future to try and have as many locals runnung around as they are the ones that run the social club, hold up the bar/pubs and end up being the committee one day. In my experiance its the "family/local" clubs that have good social functions which is a good attraction to prospective players (thats how colbo attracted all the uni players)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back