Heathcote DFL Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh pretty sure Cole is with Bundoora in the DVFL. The Ump's gone to bed by the look of it, Hagan's often jumps on after hours, if not Im sure the Ump will deny (or confirm) soon enough then we can start guessing again.

After rolling into a training session or two with us last summer, did Rupert end up playing back at Rumbalara??? He spends a bit of time not all that far from Heathcote, another candidate perhaps?

Very hot Doona;Hey scoop u should write for the sun:DI can u tell 1 thing Doona the HDFL are going to have a great interleague side if everyone is available.
Anyway Doona i will start with what i think could be the spine of the interleague side.
FB Bell
CHB Mellington
C Chapman
CHF Featherson
FF Carmicheal

Very hot Doona;Hey scoop u should write for the sun:DI can u tell 1 thing Doona the HDFL are going to have a great interleague side if everyone is available.
Anyway Doona i will start with what i think could be the spine of the interleague side.
FB Bell
CHB Mellington
C Chapman
CHF Featherson
FF Carmicheal
That is absolute Gold Ump....very good!

All we had to do was go to the Centralvicfooty website and it was reported on their that it was mellington. Well done rooers and doona you 2 were on the mark i was thinking Cole because it was reported on the Northern website that Bundoora had told him he had to lose weight before they played him so thought he may have taken the easier option and not bothered.

All we had to do was go to the Centralvicfooty website and it was reported on their that it was mellington. Well done rooers and doona you 2 were on the mark i was thinking Cole because it was reported on the Northern website that Bundoora had told him he had to lose weight before they played him so thought he may have taken the easier option and not bothered.

Good reading hey Nuggety:thumbsu:

Heathcote Coach Brent Chapman who was the driving force in attracting Mellington to Barrack Reserve having played alongside him at the Shepparton Bears is estatic to have the ace onboard ‘’ To get a player of Mels quality is fantastic, he will be a great leader for the Club with his experience at league level and he was a role model for me when I was at Shepparton so it’s very exciting for the Club’’.

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=Calibri>

FB Bell
CHB Mellington
C Chapman
CHF Featherson
FF Carmicheal

I doubt chappy will play centre. i remember him more as a winger/goal sneak. never know tho. still youd love to have those 5 names in your side :thumbsu:

FB Bell
CHB Mellington
C Chapman
CHF Featherson
FF Carmicheal

Who is Carmichael?

Anyway, i'll excuse you being bias about heathcote as you were obviously taking the micky. Oliver (LBU) would be my pick for CHB, so Mellington played all big league stuff, but he's 36 and Oliver is only 26 and he has also dominated GV. Replace Carmichael with Houlihan, no brainer. Chapman would not be the best centreman in the league, Andy Grant? Dobson? Bell and Featherstone though, good choices

Who is Carmichael?

Anyway, i'll excuse you being bias about heathcote as you were obviously taking the micky. Oliver (LBU) would be my pick for CHB, so Mellington played all big league stuff, but he's 36 and Oliver is only 26 and he has also dominated GV. Replace Carmichael with Houlihan, no brainer. Chapman would not be the best centreman in the league, Andy Grant? Dobson? Bell and Featherstone though, good choices

Your right Dirk iam bias and i was taking the mickey,still 5 good players all would walk in any side in this comp,3 r new to the club and i think their is about 4 more new players who will be playing 1's that would walk in any other side in the comp allso:thumbsu:

Your right Dirk iam bias and i was taking the mickey,still 5 good players all would walk in any side in this comp,3 r new to the club and i think their is about 4 more new players who will be playing 1's that would walk in any other side in the comp allso:thumbsu:

Looks like Heafcote have got it all sewn up again, When will this dominance end? According to the HDFL clearances Mellington has put in for a transfer to White Hills:D

Fantom:thumbsu:

Looks like Heafcote have got it all sewn up again, When will this dominance end? According to the HDFL clearances Mellington has put in for a transfer to White Hills:D

Fantom:thumbsu:

Sorry to take the smile off your face Fantom,but he is the wrong Mellington he allso played at Tocumwal not sure if he is related to Anthony Mellington the one heading to Heafcote some one might be able to help us there:D;):cool::p:rolleyes:

Nick Mellington has signed with White Hills, have heard his a younger cousin. 20 year old attending university at La Trobe. Looks like he can play as an athletic running type from what has been seen at training.

You win the boat and motor Ump.:eek:

Sorry to take the smile off your face Fantom,but he is the wrong Mellington he allso played at Tocumwal not sure if he is related to Anthony Mellington the one heading to Heafcote some one might be able to help us there:D;):cool::p:rolleyes:

Gotta be 60cm these days don't they before you can keep em:D. How much does Ump weigh? Reckon I'm a fair chance at that boat and motor with that one Bull:)

Fantom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he the fella that played at Seymour a good 7-8 years ago and has played more recently for Bundoora? If so he'd be well into his 30's by now at a guess?

Can not sleep Doona or r u on night shift,anyway good reading on Mellington on the back page of the Addy 2day,and you are good scoop:thumbsu:

Hey Leon, pretty quiet down our way mate. Not 100% sure on pitto's plans at this stage, spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he was still up in the air about his future. More than a handy player and great bloke to go with it. :thumbsu: We've already lost a few so would be great if he hung around, plus i would love to see him run around again with that famous helmet of his! :D

Ah yes, he's a great bloke, handy electrician aswell. A believe he's entered the home owners club over there in Echuca.
Hows your preseason been? Burning up the track then burning down the frothies;)

Can not sleep Doona or r u on night shift,anyway good reading on Mellington on the back page of the Addy 2day,and you are good scoop:thumbsu:

Ha ha can not sleep enough more like it old mate - believe or not we're flat out at present (note my little BF action during office hours), a few 5am kicks offs & a plenty 12 hour days . . . happy to take the double bubble whilst it's on offer :thumbsu:

Do ya reckon Lukey got the scoop from here or Chalky's website??? Either way I reckon we gota start getting "spotters fees" by all these media outlets cashing in on our mail hahaha . . . . especially seeing that nowadays Im not one of them ;)

Ha ha can not sleep enough more like it old mate - believe or not we're flat out at present (note my little BF action during office hours), a few 5am kicks offs & a plenty 12 hour days . . . happy to take the double bubble whilst it's on offer :thumbsu:

Do ya reckon Lukey got the scoop from here or Chalky's website??? Either way I reckon we gota start getting "spotters fees" by all these media outlets cashing in on our mail hahaha . . . . especially seeing that nowadays Im not one of them ;)

Ahem.... if you gents cast your eyes back a few pages you will find who actually broke the Mellington scoop here on BF 1st, two days b4 either CVF or Bendigo Addy..... both Chalkie and Mr West would no doubt be searching high and low for these types of scoops from us bloggers.

Its a dog eat dog world out there - must be time to double our spotters fees I say !!!

There will be excitement at the Barrack Reserve tonight with the possible signing of a former AFL player who played in the Murray league last year. Stay tuned...

you're the man sainsty12pts . . . . well done :thumbsu:

AFAIK nothing has been said in this thread about it which is strange considering the calibre of the player, but as I posted in the LVFL thread, Brad Comer has officially signed at Elmore.

Loddon Valley Football League | Elmore Football Club | Comer, Bradley | Approved | 26/02/10 | 05/03/10

HDFL Transfer Page

Great pick up for them, he is a player of real quality to add into their midfield. Elmore are shaping up reeeaaaaalllly well I think it's fair (and obvious) to say.

edit: I apologise if this is old news / has been posted here. I used my memory from reading this thread plus the search option.

Haven't had any success in the Central Murray since they came in to that comp and I have played against them every year bar 2. They are an unknown from my point of view. I honestly think that the HDFL and the Central Murray are not all that far apart in terms of standard. Different styles of footy but not a big gap

Back on the L/G query. They were pretty average last year, have been for a few years, but were still competive with the low to middle teams but i dare suggest this will have limited bearing this year. You could slot them in somewhere in the middle of the HDFC for a start and rather than compare leagues how about we get some input from L/G supports. Who have you lost, who have you gained? As i imagine with a change of league back towards Bendigo way the demographics of the team may also change.

Back on the L/G query. They were pretty average last year, have been for a few years, but were still competive with the low to middle teams but i dare suggest this will have limited bearing this year. You could slot them in somewhere in the middle of the HDFC for a start and rather than compare leagues how about we get some input from L/G supports. Who have you lost, who have you gained? As i imagine with a change of league back towards Bendigo way the demographics of the team may also change.

Looking at the clearances - Ins

Mallee Football League (Vic)Leitchville Gunbower Football Club Bibby, KarlApproved20/02/1023/02/10
Central Murray Football LeagueLeitchville Gunbower Football Club Embleton, LachlanApproved07/02/1016/02/10
Mallee Football League (Vic)Leitchville Gunbower Football Club Ferrier, TroyApproved06/02/1016/02/10
Central Murray Football LeagueLeitchville Gunbower Football Club Hore, RichardApproved06/02/1016/02/10
Lockington Bamawm United Football ClubLeitchville Gunbower Football Club Mitchell, DeanApproved06/02/1012/02/10
Northern Territory Football LeagueLeitchville Gunbower Football Club Stephensen, Bradley Pending04/03/10

and outs

Leitchville Gunbower Football Club Murray Football LeagueClymo, AdamApproved17/02/1026/02/10
Leitchville Gunbower Football Club Murray Football LeagueGladman, BrandtApproved17/02/1001/03/10
Leitchville Gunbower Football Club Ovens & Murray Football LeagueKervin, RyanApproved17/02/1024/02/10
Leitchville Gunbower Football Club Loddon Valley Football LeagueMcgillivray, BrodieDenied18/02/1020/02/10
Leitchville Gunbower Football Club Murray Football LeagueReyne, DaleApproved17/02/1021/02/10
Leitchville Gunbower Football Club Tasmanian State League (TSL)Taylor, BenApproved04/03/1005/03/10

Been checking the HDFL website clearances. Wouldn't be surprised if Nth Bendigo make application to the league to submit a second team in the comp this year, Looks like they're really havin a crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back