Heathcote District FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P Riki Stephens. Tragedy. Thoughts with his family and the heathcote football club

RIP young man. I didn't meet him or play against him but do know what impact the death of a player has on a footy club. My thoughts with his family, friends and everyone at that great footy club. Look after each other

Yep will be interesting to see how they go with the player points for next year now that have signed both the ford brothers..... and possibly kelm coming back to play a few games
Their points should be ok since they are keeping most blokes they will all drop a few points. Herdy & Barns will be 1 pointers.... that helps!

Their points should be ok since they are keeping most blokes they will all drop a few points. Herdy & Barns will be 1 pointers.... that helps!

What's news around the league?
Huntly have signed a ruckman from rye and tom curry returning.
L/G have pollock and Donahue returning and apparently made contact with Kelm as they are less than satisfied with their ruckman.
North have added the fords and a couple of premiership players returning. Colbo apparently added a couple from rochy.
Anybody able to add anything else?

L/G have pollock and Donahue returning and apparently made contact with Kelm as they are less than satisfied with their ruckman.
North have added the fords and a couple of premiership players returning. Colbo apparently added a couple from rochy.

Any word on who the colbo recruits are?

Have Leitchville announced a Coach? Also Mt.Pleasant? Huntly have obviously lost Gavin James and I heard Stacey Fiske is considering a move as well but sounds like they have some good quality coming in. Hard not too have North flag favs again at this point.

Is it panic stations at Mounts yet r.e the coach. If someone knew something, it would be out by now, so it seems they're coachless atm. History says if you are still looking at this time of year, your generally pushing the proverbial up hill

They aren't quite dead in the water Harry O'Meara looks like going out there and I'm pretty sure Matty Johnson will step up from the Reserves Coach to Coach the Seniors. They will round a few up without being any jet setters I'd say.
how about giving roota a go at coaching mounts.
omeara is a good get, I would also go for munari and the 2 greenes from slags very good players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What sort of points would Helman be worth? Surely at least 4?
I think VFL players come with a 5 and you get slapped an extra point for a transfter within a League. Had to feel sorry for Leitchy about it Matt Hawken described it as a kick in the guts leads you to think its a bumper deal.

He is a 4 point player, gets an extra point for crossing to a club in the same league.
Never played a vfl game this year and has only played vfl development league in the past which was very few.
Speaking to one of north's assistant coaches apparently Helman refusing to take any $$.

He is a 4 point player, gets an extra point for crossing to a club in the same league.
Never played a vfl game this year and has only played vfl development league in the past which was very few.
Speaking to one of north's assistant coaches apparently Helman refusing to take any $$.
Yeah Kelm was on nothing as well

Rumor has it he approached Bennet at half time of granny and said he wanted out sighting Gunny signing blokes from melbs who don't train ect as main reason.. dunno what he thinks got the club to the past two granny's. Def the worst thing to do in footy

Fairly ballsy thing to do by helman. It's an unwritten rule to not play for an opposition (rival) team. No doubt he will have a big X on his back. Hasn't really played much footy of late so who knows he might be a big flop. Mentally unstable at the moment is my understanding.
Give the kid a break, he thinks this will better his footy and he wants a change so why doesn't everyone get off his back and let him get back to enjoying his footy which he must not of been when he was at leitchy or else he would of stayed. Saw potential in north and has had a good connection with bomber so see. North as the right fit for him! heard the Melbourne boys that are at leitchy have their head up there arse so don't blame him for getting outta there

Must really have there heads up there ass and be shocking blokes if one of the Melbourne boys is captain of the club and another is vice captain. Atleast with helman going to north, tom metherel can go back to the 2s. Good on him though, more medals than kicks the last 2 years. Can't complain with that

Haha nothingtofear...looking into your comment I'd say Metherell has 2 more premiership medals than you????
I think you'll find their captain was changed in the early part of the year for this reason to Hoby.

It does have a little "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality. ATM it's looking like a case of how far North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back