Heathcote District FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad squad. Will the north boys make themselves available?
You'd expect so. Looks like some blokes from North have made themselves unavailable already otherwise they'd be in the squad such as Herdman.

Disappointing to see Dan Carrol or Jake Condon weren't named at least in the train on squad.

They generally do don't they?
What did we make of the weekend's results lads? I myself went down to watch White Hills vs North, and was reasonably impressed with the Hillies boys, barring the last quarter blowout.

A few things didn't go the Hills' way, especially the umpiring. In addition, they had 4 of their best 8 out im told. Given that they were right in the game at 3/4 time, do we think that it might not be a walk in the park for the Bulldogs after all??

Have to be impressed by the way the dogs move the footy though, and 6 genuine forwards is going to cause weekly headaches!

What did we make of the weekend's results lads? I myself went down to watch White Hills vs North, and was reasonably impressed with the Hillies boys, barring the last quarter blowout.

A few things didn't go the Hills' way, especially the umpiring. In addition, they had 4 of their best 8 out im told. Given that they were right in the game at 3/4 time, do we think that it might not be a walk in the park for the Bulldogs after all??

Have to be impressed by the way the dogs move the footy though, and 6 genuine forwards is going to cause weekly headaches!
I think the only thing stopping a premiers and champions season is complacency. A couple of teams will test the dogs but only to the point where they then kick into gear.

LG may steal one up there against the dogs but cant see it happening more than once.

Think a good amount of credit needs to go to the Hillies coaching & recruiting staff as well.

Watched the Saints last week at Scott St. thought they applied themselves well and competed hard, but lacked polish fwd of centre at critical times.

Might be time to put a handicap system in, maybe North drop their wings and go 16 on 18 :p
Afraid to say mate, at the moment Nth could play with no wings a 4 man fwd line and still get the job done.

Be nice to get the big fella who left a few years ago back. He kicked 10 for St Joe's in the GFL yesterday.

I think the north boys had a couple out too.

Not a thrilling round of footy this week but a couple possible close matches.
Easy round for the two top teams, if they come through unscathed that'll be good for the HDFNL interleague side.
Elmore V Mounts - Should see Mounts win in a close one for HDFL standards.
Heathcote v LG - LG wont be troubled
North V LBU - Could get messy at Atkins
Huntly V Colbo - Based on Huntly's start this year i'll say colbo by about 5 goals. However, surely Huntly is better than what they've been playing.

Looking forward to this weekends matches at the QEO. Based on the quality of Bendigo's outs i dont think they'll have enough to knock off Ballarat.

Anyone know what the quality of CMFL side is? Keen to see what the HDFL rolls out

Went and had a look at the interleague game today. HDFL well beaten. Whoever came up with the idea to have Dean Laidley coach needs to answer some questions. Bloke didn't get to the ground til after half time coz he was coaching in Melbourne according to Bendigo Addy

Went and had a look at the interleague game today. HDFL well beaten. Whoever came up with the idea to have Dean Laidley coach needs to answer some questions. Bloke didn't get to the ground til after half time coz he was coaching in Melbourne according to Bendigo Addy
Agree roota, embarrassing!
But in Laidley's defence he told them he wouldn't be able to do it as the game was too early but the board told him they would change the time!
Also the coaching panel naming a guy in the side who did not train and had made himself unavailable and the first he knew about it was reading it online Thursday night!
The sad thing is...the clubs pay league fees for this!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But in Laidley's defence he told them he wouldn't be able to do it as the game was too early but the board told him they would change the time!
Also the coaching panel naming a guy in the side who did not train and had made himself unavailable and the first he knew about it was reading it online Thursday night!

What a complete balls up...put him in a terrible position then didn't they....can't believe that. Who was that player?

I saw Bennett the North Bendigo coach there today, can someone tell me why they wouldn't have him involved with interleague??

I read the response in the paper from Leo Demeo about Laidley being a late starter for the interleague coaching gig and COULD NOT BELIEVE the fact they accepted him to do half a job. A few blokes on the board got really excited with the name and thats about it. You want players to commit to playing interleague then make it fair and get a coach committed to coaching. It would have been a huge kick in the guts for the players to find out Laidley wasnt coaching ( at what point were they all told as they kept it very quiet if they knew at all) although in hindsight Nick Carter should have been named coach and bypassed the Laidley appointment. I have no problem with Dean Laidley as it appears he has been more than honest in regards to his availability.
The board ( or the people who made this specific decision) should all resign as this smacks of incompetence. Absolute stinker of a decision.

I didn't see the problem with Laidleys appointment, it's apparent that there was a massive scheduling issue. To some extent, the HDFL should be applauded for thinking outside the box, but on the other hand, it clearly looks like a disorganised rabble. Sacking the board I'm not sure is realistic. If Laidley doesn't make it, there's not many better than Nick Carter in central vic.

I didn't see the problem with Laidleys appointment, it's apparent that there was a massive scheduling issue. To some extent, the HDFL should be applauded for thinking outside the box, but on the other hand, it clearly looks like a disorganised rabble. Sacking the board I'm not sure is realistic. If Laidley doesn't make it, there's not many better than Nick Carter in central vic.

It's a complete and utter balls up. Puts everyone in a s**t position. Laidley was upfront and said that the time didn't suit...they say we will get it changed and didnt. The players are expecting one bloke to coach then he doesn't arrive til after the game is virtually over. Nick Carter has to step in at you'd assume short notice and coach a side that is expecting someone else to do it.

I understand the initial idea and it would,have been great if it could have been worked but as soon as the league became aware there was a clash of availability they should have made a change. Ive spoken to footy people today and they are laughing at what went on

It's a complete and utter balls up. Puts everyone in a s**t position. Laidley was upfront and said that the time didn't suit...they say we will get it changed and didnt. The players are expecting one bloke to coach then he doesn't arrive til after the game is virtually over. Nick Carter has to step in at you'd assume short notice and coach a side that is expecting someone else to do it.

I understand the initial idea and it would,have been great if it could have been worked but as soon as the league became aware there was a clash of availability they should have made a change. Ive spoken to footy people today and they are laughing at what went on

Probably the same people laughing at the LVFL' interleague efforts the last two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back