Heathcote District FL 2021

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
LBU made the prelim then added 2 x Collins, 2 x McPhee, Holman and Atherton. Prob a few others I missed but certainly a stronger list. Then again it looks like a few in the hdfl took some big steps.
I think they picked up Trent Bacon as well. A local bloke I rated highly during his time at Rochester with brother Jared. I have noted Jared Bacon in LBU's best. Trent Bacon must be injured?

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Would think players would be happy to get back to training for a couple of weeks before playing games...so those hammy don't ping

Speaking to a couple of lads out at Cats land, their opinion was, if we can training as a team, why can’t they play.

It’s footy season not preseason

I reckon if the top 4 sides where playing the bottom 4 sides no one would care that there won’t be crowds for a week

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
Speaking to a couple of lads out at Cats land, their opinion was, if we can training as a team, why can’t they play.

It’s footy season not preseason

I reckon if the top 4 sides where playing the bottom 4 sides no one would care that there won’t be crowds for a week
Speaking to some club people/players in other leagues and their thoughts are why play when, 1 can't have full teams yet.. ie no Melbourne based players and, 2 crowd restrictions in regards to paying players without the in coming cash from crowds.
Would think a 'mini' preseason while waiting for restrictions to ease is better than what we had to go through last year.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
What's the rush of playing without crowds, clubrooms shut, no metro players for senior comps, doesn't it defeat the purpose of community footy? Imagine the crowd at Scott st in 2-3 weeks time to watch white hills v Locky, it would be packed, now everyone has to watch on the other side of the fence "walking their dog"

it will do more harm then good. Hopefully all players are playing for free

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
Aren't all the bacon's there, Nathan was pretty handy as well

I'd agree with roota, community level sport like the hdfl the whole community comes along, you'd think all of lbu would have been there if crowds could come, are they even allowed to use the change rooms

I think they picked up Trent Bacon as well. A local bloke I rated highly during his time at Rochester with brother Jared. I have noted Jared Bacon in LBU's best. Trent Bacon must be injured?

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aren't all the bacon's there, Nathan was pretty handy as well

I'd agree with roota, community level sport like the hdfl the whole community comes along, you'd think all of lbu would have been there if crowds could come, are they even allowed to use the change rooms
Yes mate Nathan is back home as well. Not sure he has played much either. Back to the original point about AFL players and Guerra, I still would put some $$$ on LBU. They have a quality side if they get them all on the park and a history of winning Flags.

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Bacon boys three very different players but each a master of their trade. Trent (half back) has been out with a broken finger for a few weeks but Nathan (inside mid) has been on the park most of the season rested against Huntly i believe. Jarrod is half Jamaican half Gazelle running around the forward half and gee wiz he is pleasure to watch all season

Described Jarod beautifully

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Trent Bacon and Tom Holman didn’t play for LBU either
I think it would have to be a considered a statement even with a handful coming back in that result will be hard to turn around later in the year for White Hills you'd think. Looking at the results throughout the Season when Locky get up against one of the perceived contenders White Hills/Colbo they come to play. Smacked both by 100 Plus!

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it would have to be a considered a statement even with a handful coming back in that result will be hard to turn around later in the year for White Hills you'd think. Looking at the results throughout the Season when Locky get up against one of the perceived contenders White Hills/Colbo they come to play. Smacked both by 100 Plus!
Yep 130 points. Kerridge, Lamb and Gary Ablett will not change that result. LBU must be unbackable favorites at present.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep 130 points. Kerridge, Lamb and Gary Ablett will not change that result. LBU must be unbackable favorites at present.

It’s definitely a big result but I wouldn’t read too much into it. It’s not as simple as players making up the points difference. One is the coach, the other the league leading goal kicker. It changes a lot and flows on through the rest of the guys on the ground

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s definitely a big result but I wouldn’t read too much into it. It’s not as simple as players making up the points difference. One is the coach, the other the league leading goal kicker. It changes a lot and flows on through the rest of the guys on the ground
Time will tell I guess those guys will help but I think almost all would rather be in the Cats shoes at the moment.

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seriously Roota? 130 points. LBU without Holman and T Bacon who have both played at VFL level. Yes not in the league of Kerridge and Lamb but certainly handy. Guerra who knows how many games his body will allow him to play.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
You don't win grannies in June lads. Brent also enjoys playing against Locky. I agree with roota, I wouldn't read too much into it

Seriously Roota? 130 points. LBU without Holman and T Bacon who have both played at VFL level. Yes not in the league of Kerridge and Lamb but certainly handy. Guerra who knows how many games his body will allow him to play.

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton

I know who I would back in the Holman v Lamb matchup.
And that’s not going to help many arguments here

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
funny things happen in footy Tongue
Yeah I agree mate. That said, I am confident anout LBU. Tom Holman was a key in that powerful Kyabram unit over the past few years. Trent Bacon was one of the better defenders for Rochy in the Kyabram v Rochester GF a few years back and is able to match up on big forwards. They are both a level above your average district league player.

Back