Media HecticCheese Productions - 17 Qs with The Cheese ... Expansion Edition with Tigerturbulance

Remove this Banner Ad

Warriors
20F6AF0A-16CC-4D6C-ACF9-BBB9180F0FC6.jpeg

Episode 6 - The Warriors

Cheese
: Hi TheInjuryFactory

Thanks for joining me ... Can I call you TIF?

TIF: *Iā€™ll allow it GIF*

Q. 1
- When did you join the SFA/ which teams have you played for ?

TIF: I joined as part of the S26 super draft with the likes of Barrybran , Dav and Test Tickle and I'm a proud one club player for the Wazzas.

Cheese: Wow ... I have already played for more teams in my 13 game SFA qareer.

Q. 2 - I found out recently that Coney Island is not actually an island.

Is your club based on a lie?

TIF: On the contrary, the rockbed on which weā€™re built was so strong it literally absorbed the rest of Sweet.

Q. 3 - You obviously spend a lot of time with the current Admin, NaturalDisaster

Do you intend on running in the pre S34 election?

TIF: Good question.

I considered throwing my hat in the ring as Ant Bear was on his way out, but a few seasons on I don't think it's something I'm interested in pursuing. I'm happy to take my pot shots from the comfort of the committee room.

Q. 4 - Which opposition posters do you enjoy banter with the most?

TIF: I'm a bit of a broken record with this question, but I get the biggest kicks out of a few running around at the Dees, but I probably click best with Headless & manangatang, Proper Gander when she's up and about. The stylings of The Filth Wizard and Marlowe at the Royals tickle me too, a few of the other skippers around the comp I've had a lot to do with, Barrybran, Agent93, TedDougChris , Mobbs of course thinking about the Roys. The clever types.

Have enjoyed a bit of banter with some of the 'younger' brigade the last couple seasons too, Supersuns comes to mind, had a good to and fro with GWS Goose and Kilroy the other day. I don't discriminate.

Cheese: Unfortunately Headless hasnā€™t been around much since I joined the Demons ... everyone speaks highly of him.

TIF: Yeah he's awesome, just a really decent dude. I'd bring him home to meet my parents.

Witty, funny and responsible for half the SFA memes and catchphrases that do the rounds at the moment.

Q. 5 - You mentioned that you enjoy threads with the Demons.

Do the Warriors have any historic rivalries?

TIF: Not in the traditional sense. I think historical rivalries are few and far between in the Sweet FA.

I mean we entered the league back in S18 with a re-imagined Las Vegas Bears franchise so there's a little bit of history there, and up until the Royals won the premiership in S30 there was probably a bit of rivalry there between us as the two most recent expansion sides, but they put that to bed by winning the flag.

In my time, we've probably had a bit of a rivalry with the Dragons, we haven't got along much. We seem to trouble the Bears and the Furies lately too.

Q. 6 - I heard recently you were All SFA Captain.

Is this the greatest honour in Qooty?

TIF: Nah, Premiership captain has a nicer ring to it. Leading your own side to the pinnacle of our game would be the zenith.

That said, It's definitely a great honour to lead the All-SFA team, have been lucky enough to make the side as a player once or twice so to be selected to skipper the side is an honour I'm sure I'll look back on once my career is over.

Q. 7 - Who are the best Shoopers in the SFA (other than yourself)?

TIF: Geez, probably a raffle between manangatang, Hate and por_please_ya as far as quality craft goes.

Tigerturbulance earns a decent chuckle from me with every other MS paint shoop he pumps out, so probably him for the 'so sh*t it's too good' category.

Q. 8 - How would you rate NaturalDisasterā€™s term as Admin so far?

TIF: It's far more fun letting others be the judge of that.

He hasn't really exerted himself into the equation terribly often so that's a tick for me. I think few in the league weather the storm of being in the firing line 24/7 like ND, so he's perfect for it.

Cheese: Be careful ... you might get splinters.

TIF: Que?

Cheese: I thought you were sitting on the fence.

TIF: He's my boy, that's glowing praise.

Look, the admin is a weird gig. He's far less divisive than AB, but is that a good thing?? I don't know? Who knows?

As a captain and committee member, AB's reign was a lot of work. ND's has been a breeze.

He probably hasn't taken proper advantage of it, so that's probably where he's fā€™ed up to this point.

Q. 9 - Did you enjoy being a Recruiter for a Super League franchise?

TIF: Yeah I was a bit surprised a washed up dirty old hack like me got a gig, but I guess the Southside Shitgibbons concept has cemented it's place in Sweet FA lore.

I was genuinely staggered how much quality they let me waltz in and take, I think the squad I was able to assemble may never be matched.

I mean, no one's ever had that many old school coolers in the one squad before.

Q. 10 - Are you affiliated with any of the cliques that take over most threads?

TIF: Let me put it this way. As far as shadowy cabals go, ours is the most shadowy.

Cheese: Who else is in your shadowy cabal?

TIF: Shadowy cabal types.

Q. 11 - Is twelve the right number of teams for the SFA going forward?

TIF: It seems to be the sweet spot for the amount of active posters we have in the competition.

There's still a lot of lacklustre weeks during the season.

Q. 12 - As you are aware, I am The Cheese.

What is your favourite cheese?

TIF: Alf Stewart calling someone a flaming mongrel. Or maybe Andrew O'Keefe's laugh.

Cheese: Interesting answer ... that wasnā€™t the kind of cheese I was thinking of.

Q. 13 - I noticed that you have a couple of Rookies on the Warriors list

Have you reported them missing yet?

TIF: We're addressing the matter with our suppliers.

BE03BB59-9E19-4D9B-BFE3-C451008ADF12.jpeg

Q. 14 - Are you going back to the Draft for Season 33?

What is your recruiting plan??

TIF: I think we'll be looking at some local talent coming up through the Rasasidge league.
We've also got a few in our academy plying their trade at the Coney Island Prospects that we'll be keen to bring in to the senior side in S33.

Cheese: How is your feeder team going?

TIF: *Crushing it. Yeah GIF*

ED3D0B1C-01FE-4CC6-9F86-92F5815D8B71.jpeg

Q. 15 - A question from one of your Warriors teammates:

Which was your favourite SFA season & why?

TIF: Tough one. Find it hard to split the two, but probably just marginally S29 over S27.

S27 was my second season in the comp, things really clicked for me and formed a really good partnership with Wosh and pantskyle that season, we made a prelim final and all three of us made All-SFA that season.

But S29 was one of the best seasons we've had as a club off the field. It was my second in charge, we brought in high profile recruits Dav and NaturalDisaster, and enjoyed our most active season as a club to that point. We had my deputy Tonga Bob join the club and make an immediate impact as a star rookie, ND ended up winning the Frankston Rover Award, we had a club record equalling four selections in the All-SFA side, and of course I won the beez trophy as the league's MVP.

I think that was the answer Bob was looking for.

Cheese: It actually wasnā€™t Bob.
*it was DockerDen5215

Q. 16
- Are you still confident that the Warriors can sneak in to the Finals & trouble the top teams when it matters?

TIF: I'm more confident that BAT is a professor of physics than I am of us making the finals from here.

C0BE491A-9357-48AA-B638-EA2F45DD162D.jpeg

Cheese: So ... thatā€™s probably a no then?

TIF: Hard no.

You're getting good at this.

Q. 17: You are a fantastic leader with a long list of individual honours.

Who is to blame for the Warriors lacklustre performance this season?

TIF: pantskyle

Cheese: Why is it his fault?

He plays for a different club.

TIF: Do some homework, son

Cheese: Ok ... Iā€™ll let myself out then.

Thanks for inviting me over to the Island that wasnā€™t.

*Next Up - Admin Edition*

damicky you ever consider half these questions were answered literally days ago and you could have asked something else?

Thanks for the feedback EJW ... it is much appreciated

I havenā€™t read yours yet ... it was even longer than some of mine

Our interview took a while to complete though:

EF8F748C-8680-4B1D-AA4D-64272B39BD42.jpeg

View attachment 1267013

Episode 6 - The Warriors

Cheese
: Hi TheInjuryFactory

Thanks for joining me ... Can I call you TIF?

TIF: *Iā€™ll allow it GIF*

Q. 1
- When did you join the SFA/ which teams have you played for ?

TIF: I joined as part of the S26 super draft with the likes of Barrybran , Dav and Test Tickle and I'm a proud one club player for the Wazzas.

Cheese: Wow ... I have already played for more teams in my 13 game SFA qareer.

Q. 2 - I found out recently that Coney Island is not actually an island.

Is your club based on a lie?

TIF: On the contrary, the rockbed on which weā€™re built was so strong it literally absorbed the rest of Sweet.

Q. 3 - You obviously spend a lot of time with the current Admin, NaturalDisaster

Do you intend on running in the pre S34 election?

TIF: Good question.

I considered throwing my hat in the ring as Ant Bear was on his way out, but a few seasons on I don't think it's something I'm interested in pursuing. I'm happy to take my pot shots from the comfort of the committee room.

Q. 4 - Which opposition posters do you enjoy banter with the most?

TIF: I'm a bit of a broken record with this question, but I get the biggest kicks out of a few running around at the Dees, but I probably click best with Headless & manangatang, Proper Gander when she's up and about. The stylings of The Filth Wizard and Marlowe at the Royals tickle me too, a few of the other skippers around the comp I've had a lot to do with, Barrybran, Agent93, TedDougChris , Mobbs of course thinking about the Roys. The clever types.

Have enjoyed a bit of banter with some of the 'younger' brigade the last couple seasons too, Supersuns comes to mind, had a good to and fro with GWS Goose and Kilroy the other day. I don't discriminate.

Cheese: Unfortunately Headless hasnā€™t been around much since I joined the Demons ... everyone speaks highly of him.

TIF: Yeah he's awesome, just a really decent dude. I'd bring him home to meet my parents.

Witty, funny and responsible for half the SFA memes and catchphrases that do the rounds at the moment.

Q. 5 - You mentioned that you enjoy threads with the Demons.

Do the Warriors have any historic rivalries?

TIF: Not in the traditional sense. I think historical rivalries are few and far between in the Sweet FA.

I mean we entered the league back in S18 with a re-imagined Las Vegas Bears franchise so there's a little bit of history there, and up until the Royals won the premiership in S30 there was probably a bit of rivalry there between us as the two most recent expansion sides, but they put that to bed by winning the flag.

In my time, we've probably had a bit of a rivalry with the Dragons, we haven't got along much. We seem to trouble the Bears and the Furies lately too.

Q. 6 - I heard recently you were All SFA Captain.

Is this the greatest honour in Qooty?

TIF: Nah, Premiership captain has a nicer ring to it. Leading your own side to the pinnacle of our game would be the zenith.

That said, It's definitely a great honour to lead the All-SFA team, have been lucky enough to make the side as a player once or twice so to be selected to skipper the side is an honour I'm sure I'll look back on once my career is over.

Q. 7 - Who are the best Shoopers in the SFA (other than yourself)?

TIF: Geez, probably a raffle between manangatang, Hate and por_please_ya as far as quality craft goes.

Tigerturbulance earns a decent chuckle from me with every other MS paint shoop he pumps out, so probably him for the 'so sh*t it's too good' category.

Q. 8 - How would you rate NaturalDisasterā€™s term as Admin so far?

TIF: It's far more fun letting others be the judge of that.

He hasn't really exerted himself into the equation terribly often so that's a tick for me. I think few in the league weather the storm of being in the firing line 24/7 like ND, so he's perfect for it.

Cheese: Be careful ... you might get splinters.

TIF: Que?

Cheese: I thought you were sitting on the fence.

TIF: He's my boy, that's glowing praise.

Look, the admin is a weird gig. He's far less divisive than AB, but is that a good thing?? I don't know? Who knows?

As a captain and committee member, AB's reign was a lot of work. ND's has been a breeze.

He probably hasn't taken proper advantage of it, so that's probably where he's fā€™ed up to this point.

Q. 9 - Did you enjoy being a Recruiter for a Super League franchise?

TIF: Yeah I was a bit surprised a washed up dirty old hack like me got a gig, but I guess the Southside Shitgibbons concept has cemented it's place in Sweet FA lore.

I was genuinely staggered how much quality they let me waltz in and take, I think the squad I was able to assemble may never be matched.

I mean, no one's ever had that many old school coolers in the one squad before.

Q. 10 - Are you affiliated with any of the cliques that take over most threads?

TIF: Let me put it this way. As far as shadowy cabals go, ours is the most shadowy.

Cheese: Who else is in your shadowy cabal?

TIF: Shadowy cabal types.

Q. 11 - Is twelve the right number of teams for the SFA going forward?

TIF: It seems to be the sweet spot for the amount of active posters we have in the competition.

There's still a lot of lacklustre weeks during the season.

Q. 12 - As you are aware, I am The Cheese.

What is your favourite cheese?

TIF: Alf Stewart calling someone a flaming mongrel. Or maybe Andrew O'Keefe's laugh.

Cheese: Interesting answer ... that wasnā€™t the kind of cheese I was thinking of.

Q. 13 - I noticed that you have a couple of Rookies on the Warriors list

Have you reported them missing yet?

TIF: We're addressing the matter with our suppliers.

View attachment 1267027

Q. 14 - Are you going back to the Draft for Season 33?

What is your recruiting plan??

TIF: I think we'll be looking at some local talent coming up through the Rasasidge league.
We've also got a few in our academy plying their trade at the Coney Island Prospects that we'll be keen to bring in to the senior side in S33.

Cheese: How is your feeder team going?

TIF: *Crushing it. Yeah GIF*

View attachment 1267030

Q. 15 - A question from one of your Warriors teammates:

Which was your favourite SFA season & why?

TIF: Tough one. Find it hard to split the two, but probably just marginally S29 over S27.

S27 was my second season in the comp, things really clicked for me and formed a really good partnership with Wosh and pantskyle that season, we made a prelim final and all three of us made All-SFA that season.

But S29 was one of the best seasons we've had as a club off the field. It was my second in charge, we brought in high profile recruits Dav and NaturalDisaster, and enjoyed our most active season as a club to that point. We had my deputy Tonga Bob join the club and make an immediate impact as a star rookie, ND ended up winning the Frankston Rover Award, we had a club record equalling four selections in the All-SFA side, and of course I won the beez trophy as the league's MVP.

I think that was the answer Bob was looking for.

Cheese: It actually wasnā€™t Bob.
*it was DockerDen5215

Q. 16
- Are you still confident that the Warriors can sneak in to the Finals & trouble the top teams when it matters?

TIF: I'm more confident that BAT is a professor of physics than I am of us making the finals from here.

View attachment 1267034

Cheese: So ... thatā€™s probably a no then?

TIF: Hard no.

You're getting good at this.

Q. 17: You are a fantastic leader with a long list of individual honours.

Who is to blame for the Warriors lacklustre performance this season?

TIF: pantskyle

Cheese: Why is it his fault?

He plays for a different club.

TIF: Do some homework, son

Cheese: Ok ... Iā€™ll let myself out then.

Thanks for inviting me over to the Island that wasnā€™t.

*Next Up - Admin Edition*
Good chat Cheese.

Thoroughly enjoyed the post interview drinks in the Skippers Lounge with manangatang

gxe4KP4.png

Admin - ND
49E9B8BF-F6C6-47E3-9C61-2F5BDC47C675.jpeg

Admin Edition

Cheese
: Hi ND ... thanks for joining me for the Admin edition of 17 Questions with The Cheese

ND: Hi, thanks for having me.

Q. 1 - When did you start your playing career in the SFA?

ND: I started my career mid way through Season 22.

Q. 2 - Which team did you play for first?

ND: I played for the Furies for 5 seasons before joining the Hawks in S27, then I joined the Warriors mid-way through S29.

Q. 3 - How did you survive 5 seasons at the Furies?

Are there any permanent scars (physical ... emotional)??

ND: The Furies then were very different to the Furies now. As Captain, I always ensured they were a strong posting unit. Unfortunately, that all changed when TJASTA became a captain.

Q. 4 - Can you name all of the Admins since S22 (not including yourself)?

ND: In order:

The Filth Wizard , Hate , Kennedy Parker, Ant Bear .

Arenā€™t you supposed to be the journalist here, you could have researched that.

Cheese: There were 2 reasons for my question:

1. To see if you remembered

2. I couldnā€™t be bothered

Q. 5 - Which of the 4 Admins that you just mentioned were most effective in the role & why?

ND: I would say probably Kennedy Parker. The league was in a bit of a dark place before he took over, people were taking it too seriously, leaving, we had an admin step down only a season into his reign. Cloud (KP) came in and steadied the ship, had people actually enjoying the place again.

One thing that stuck out to me in his reign was how much easier he made life for league simmers. He eliminated the need for most matches to be re simmed and introduced the team sheets thread (It seems common sense now, but then simmers had to search through match threads for team sheets).

Cheese: TFW will be very upset that you think he was a terrible Admin.

ND: I don't think Filth was a terrible admin at all.

Honestly, I was only there for 1.5 seasons of his reign and didn't really know enough about the league to really rate Filthy.

Q. 6 - You just mentioned resimming.

Were games being resimmed because team sheets were incorrect or to get the desired results?

ND: Small mistakes or typos could results in the game being resimmed when they can just be fixed by find/replace.

For example a misplaced space between Natural Disaster shouldn't really be a reason to re sim an entire game.

During my time here, I have never seen games re simmed to produce a desired result.

Q. 7 - How did your appointment as Admin come about?

ND: Honestly, it wasn't something I ever thought I would do, it just kinda..Happened. I think even if you had asked me in S29 if I would be admin I would say "fu** no".

From memory it came about when guys like Dav, Kennedy Parker and others were joking about the idea, I guess "meming" it into existence. Over time I just brushed it off, but then I kinda grew to the idea of it.

I ran against Mang in S30, honestly didn't expect to get it, I thought mang would win in a landslide but I was wrong apparently.

Q. 8 - You have already announced that next season will be your last as Admin.

Was that always the plan?

ND: Yep.

Average length for an admin is around 3 seasons. It is good to have a fresher face with fresh ideas and if you have the same admin around for too long, things would just get too stale and boring. 3 seasons is the sweet spot imo, decent length to have an impact, but not too long the admin burns out or becomes stale.

Q. 9 - Are the demands on your time too much at times?

What kind of support do you get??

ND: No not at all. The role is what you make of it really and a matter of how much you want to take on. I am pretty happy delegating a lot of the hard work to the plebs, then sitting back and taking the credit.

Cheese: ... & copping the flak?

ND: correct.

Q. 10 - Does being Admin affect the way you post in match/ media threads?

Is it hard to separate ND the Admin from ND the Warriors poster??

ND: No, I have always maintained that I would separate my match thread posting, and to some extend Media from my adminship. I believe I have achieved that so far. At the end of the day, the Admin is an SFA player as well and how boring would it be if they went all serious and boring for three seasons?

I have my admin hat on in committee and PMs, but in match threads/media I am just any other poster.

Q. 11 - You talked about your Committee.

What can you tell me about how the Committee operates?

ND: Committee is a subforum in the SFA board where all team captains and the Admin discuss league matters, this includes awards seasons, voting on penalties etc etc. Honestly, it's usually quiet unless there is a scandal going down and then picks up during the award/All SFA season.

Q. 12 - A question from one of the Faceless Men:

Who is your favourite SIMmer?

ND: None of them, they all suck.

Cheese: There is your answer Mozzie19 .

Q. 13 - Are you happy with the number of active posters across the SFA?

What are you doing to help the struggling teams??

ND: I think the league is doing quite well activity wise this season. We had a huge drop last season and it all felt a bit stale, but this season has seen a whole group of fresh faces in, older posters getting into the media game etc.

As for struggling teams, I would say there's only two I would class as "struggling" right now, maybe only 1. Itā€™s not a league activity or posters issue seeing as teams like the Dees, Bombers have so many active posters. I think some people are just naturally more drawn to some teams more than others.

There has always been struggling teams in the league and probably always will be, generally they pick back up again within a few seasons. One of the leagues strugglers was once more active than the Bombers.

Q. 14 - Is there a chance that one of the Bombers Co-Caliphs or a 14 year old could be our next Admin?

ND: No,

I doubt the Bombers captains would even run for it as they would believe it's "beneath them" and "for nerds", no one would vote for them anyway.

As for Pickitt, no one is going to vote for someone in his second season.

Q. 15 - There is a lot of banter regarding the quality of different Rookie classes.

How would you rate this seasonā€™s group overall?

ND: Seems like a great group, after we had a quiet one last season with only a few active posters, it's nice to see such an exuberant and quality group come through.

One thing I like about this seasons rookie class, is you actually have a bit of a rivalry and banter going on rather than being all chummy and friendly like so many recent rookie classes.

It'll be interesting to see who sticks around for the long run and who fades away into obscurity.

Cheese: It is a pretty diverse group ... most of us are having a bit of fun with the trash talking.

Q. 16 - What is the biggest challenge/ issue you have had to deal with as Admin so far?

ND: I've had a pretty smooth run thus far to be honest. Probably one of the biggest challenges is the whole simmers accusations thing, its a balancing act of allowing people to have their fun and create drama and stir sh*t, but not wanting the paranoia to become a real thing and not wanting genuine mistrust in the sim group.

Cheese: I thought SIMgate was all just part of the theatre of the competition.

It must be extremely difficult to differentiate between the faux outrage & serious attacks on volunteers giving up their time for us.

ND: It is, but there is some simmers who genuinely donā€™t like it.

I have enjoyed the drama behind it personally, but others donā€™t like it.

Q. 17 - Can you give away any ideas/ plans you have for your farewell season in charge?

What would you like your time as Admin to be remembered for??

ND: My plan for my final season is to facilitate a smooth admin election and ensure my successor is fully "groomed" for the role ahead. League wise I will probably not make huge changes, especially since I will be busy finding the next admin!

What would I like my time as admin remembered for? Hmm, well I don't expect I'll ever been known as one of the best admins because I am certainly not. I would like to think I would be remembered for being fair, reasonable and communicative (unlike the admin before me).

Cheese: You werenā€™t a fan of the way Ant Bear did the job by the sound of things.

ND: He was good in some ways, but he went missing way too often.

Cheese: Fair enough.

You are the best (& worst) Admin I know.

Cheese: Thanks for your time.

I know you are extremely busy finding ways to screw over the Bombers.

ND: Thanks for having me.

and nah, I have better things to do than to care about screwing them over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back