Heeney or Bontempelli

Who would you prefer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney is a jet. But Bont has already proved he can beat a tag and dominate consistently. Heeney is Sydney's 3rd or 4th option. Bont is the dogs #1 and has teams gameplan around shutting him down. Heeney has the luxuary of riding the coat tails of Kennedy, Hanners, Parker Mitchell and Jack.

I'm probably being a little biased though. Both will be superstars in the future. Can't go wrong with either.

Heeney is a jet. But Bont has already proved he can beat a tag and dominate consistently. Heeney is Sydney's 3rd or 4th option. Bont is the dogs #1 and has teams gameplan around shutting him down. Heeney has the luxuary of riding the coat tails of Kennedy, Hanners, Parker Mitchell and Jack.

I'm probably being a little biased though. Both will be superstars in the future. Can't go wrong with either.

This is a really hard hard, because what you are saying is correct but I still rate Heeney at least equal to the Bont, perhaps 1 percent more.

I think it's fair to say that Bont has won more games for his team at this point and has taken ownership of being number 1 at the dogs and most likely a future captain. All at such an early age.

It just comes down to who you like more when you compare the two best of anything.

Heeney just reminds me of Fyfe so much, who is my favourite player.

I think the strength of Heeney, and the reason you'd take him ahead of Bont would be his ability to play multi-roles according to the needs of the team.

You don't think Bont could do that? You don't see him doing that because his team needs him in the midfield, whereas as previously mentioned in this thread Heeney has the luxury of playing behind JK, Parker, Hanners, & Jack. All of whom are experienced midfielders.

You don't think Bont could do that? You don't see him doing that because his team needs him in the midfield, whereas as previously mentioned in this thread Heeney has the luxury of playing behind JK, Parker, Hanners, & Jack. All of whom are experienced midfielders.

I've seen Heeney do it. Haven't seen Bont do it. Slap the cuffs on me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen Heeney do it. Haven't seen Bont do it. Slap the cuffs on me.

As I mentioned.. Bont doesn't need to, his team needs him in the midfield as the number one option. As opposed to Heeney who isn't required as much in the middle because his team has arguably the best midfield in the game without him.

Pretty simple stuff.

Bont. Bont is no longer in the question of the best kid on any list but he is in the list for the best player in the comp. Heeney on the hand is a gun but still more of a second or third string option for the swans and is behind the likes of JPK, Hanners, parker, mitchell and probably even jack. Till Heeney moves into the midfield and becomes a vital cog in the swans middle, i can't choose him over the Rolls Royce.

Bont. Bont is no longer in the question of the best kid on any list but he is in the list for the best player in the comp. Heeney on the hand is a gun but still more of a second or third string option for the swans and is behind the likes of JPK, Hanners, parker, mitchell and probably even jack. Till Heeney moves into the midfield and becomes a vital cog in the swans middle, i can't choose him over the Rolls Royce.
Valid point, and agree we should wait and see if Heeney can make the next step like Bonts has. But this thread became a realistic battle after Heeney produced two huge performances in elimination finals. He played as a midfielder and was right up there with Kennedy in week one and Hannebery last night as BOG. I'd argue he's already ahead of Jack and not far off Mitchell.

If both players continue where they're trending, we're in for something pretty special.

Bont is top 5 player in the comp. Heeney isnt even top 5 in his own team...
Heeney has played most of his football at the Swans in his secondary position yet held down a best 22 spot as a dangerous forward. The past two games he has moved up the field and been terrific. I don't think it will be long before he's "top 5 in his own team".

He doesn't have the performances on the board that Bont does yet but he is unbelievably talented. This will be a close poll over the next decade, I feel.

Both guns - but the Bont has been tagged since he was 19 which for me puts him over the edge.
Heeney may be getting lock-down opponents very soon.

Both guns - but the Bont has been tagged since he was 19 which for me puts him over the edge.
Heeney may be getting lock-down opponents very soon.
with parker and hanners in the side i doubt it. He will have to be better than both of them to get tagged.

Back