News Helbig could be back soon

tunksy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
clubs medical report vid is up and there is mention of helbig.

could be back training with the main group in a weeks time!!

hopefully he can get a game or 2 in before seasons end.

or would you prefer him to just play out the year in the 2's?

Apr 7, 2004
Pluto
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TOO
Again I am not bagging the player, but from what I have seen over the stretch with Hellbig, apart from going in hard, the rest has been pretty average at best. I really dont understand all the hoo haaa, but will sit on the fence and watch what unfolds with this dude.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Again I am not bagging the player, but from what I have seen over the stretch with Hellbig, apart from going in hard, the rest has been pretty average at best. I really dont understand all the hoo haaa, but will sit on the fence and watch what unfolds with this dude.

im a little bit with you cogga just about his kicking. hopefully we can put it down to confidence and first game jitters.

ize_

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Rate Helbig enormously, as does Hardwick. Hopefully he finishes out the last 5 or so games on a HFF/wing in the seniors.

CHIMP MAGNET

Premiership Player
May 23, 2011
man, woman, chimp
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Eliminationfinalmond
clubs medical report vid is up and there is mention of helbig.

could be back training with the main group in a weeks time!!

hopefully he can get a game or 2 in before seasons end.

or would you prefer him to just play out the year in the 2's?

Hornsby says in the vid they hope he'll play (Coburg) next week :thumbsu:

CHIMP MAGNET

Premiership Player
May 23, 2011
man, woman, chimp
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Eliminationfinalmond
if you'd seen him as a jnr you'd know he can kick. hasnt yet produced the skills he is capable of consistently at afl level.

Foleys Footy

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2007
Punt Rd
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Beaumaris
Wouldn't want him in the one's with our best side but would prefer him to the likes of Matt White if we need to cover players, so to have him back is a positive nonetheless

In the Jungle

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2010
Strathmore
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham Hot Spurs EPL
Rate Helbig enormously, as does Hardwick. Hopefully he finishes out the last 5 or so games on a HFF/wing in the seniors.

Although Helbig is coming back from a pretty serious injury, lets hope he gets some real quality game time. If it means playing in the firsts, so be it. He brings good run, hardness at the ball, kicks it well & decision making appears to be quick & natural. Would like to see him play across the midfield, seems to be an old fashion winger.

True Thylacine

Premiership Player
Jun 9, 2005
Punt Rd Home for The Aged
AFL Club
Richmond

Move over Cogga...I'm on the same fence...hoping he goes up a level or two but no real evidence of that yet I agree

Gentlemen

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2011
idk lol
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
meh
Elite kick of the football. Would have been in the team by now if it wasn't for his leg.
Seems to be very nervous when he gets it, against Port last year he found the ball alot but gave it to the other team as soon as he got it.

I'm hoping he makes it so when he kicks a goal from 50 commentators can say that it was 'hell big'

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Seems to be very nervous when he gets it, against Port last year he found the ball alot but gave it to the other team as soon as he got it.

I'm hoping he makes it so when he kicks a goal from 50 commentators can say that it was 'hell big'

I think the whole team was guilty of that last year against Port, if memory serves me correct though he was one of only a handful of blokes who were at least trying in that game.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
He is an elite kick who has not yet adapted to the speed of AFL footy and therefore his kicking is inconsistant . Don't mind TBH .

Its his ball handling in the heat of the kitchen that needs work , was tamblingesque in pivotal moments, if he can overcome that he could make some real progress....if i recall he showed a bit off the hbf with some strong marks and looked to run in straight ines

Spluff

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers

Fair call, no doubt he struggled with the pace of the game last year and occasionally looked like a deer in the headlights, and you've got to wonder if he came in a little early - there's very few players who don't need a good VFL apprenticeship before they play. But he's not on his pat malone as a player who looked out of his depth in his first year, and when you've got the attributes and the attitude that he has, you deserve to get another chance to show your wares.

maceman

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2008
ShizenStein
AFL Club
Richmond
Did I hear somewhere that Essendon groaned inwardly when we called out his name? With their sneaky and underhanded methods of drafting players that makes my ears prick up. Hope Brad shows the goods.

Back