Remove this Banner Ad

Aqib Mateef

Draftee
Mar 25, 2002
Lahore, Pakistan
Other Teams
Lahore Lions
Hello Aussie Cricket Fans!

I stumbled onto this site and am very happy to be here and hope in future to discuss some serious cricket with you guys.

My name is Aqib Mateef Inaja Besidathabed, unfortunately since my full name is so long, only my first two names show up in the username! I'm a 31 year old Cricket fanatic from Lahore, Pakistan, hometown of Imran Khan :) I look forward to discuss cricket with you Aussies!

Bye now for,

Aqib Mateef :)

Good to see some more internationla flavour to thisplace.

Have fun on here Aqib, we do.

Originally posted by Santos L Helper
Look at the name people, then say it slowly and guess what? It's another alias. I reckon I might know just who too.

Gee I am an idiot. So much for always beleiving in the kindness of strangers!:eek: :mad: :eek: :D

Hahaha, Santos is a very wise man to catch on! ;)

The truth of the story is that when my father, Asif Aziz Besidathabed, started learning English at the age 15, he (and his English teacher!) realised his humourous name. My father being the joker that he is decided to ensure his children got similarly humourous names as well. I have a younger brother by the name of Hazem Dari Besidathabed.

Anyways, It's not too often that people over here realise the funny nature of my name and it's always a sure way to bring some laughs when at the Bank, or Railway Station and the person reads on my name and realises its implications in the English language!

You Aussies are funny guys, I've met a few Aussies here in Pakistan, who have been travelling mainly on business. Once I had a conversation with a man who found my name amusing and commented how the previous week he'd met a man of similarly amusing name in Karachi, Ahmed im Inagaiba. Somehow I think he must been kidding! :)

Originally posted by Aqib Mateef
Hahaha, Santos is a very wise man to catch on! ;)

The truth of the story is that when my father, Asif Aziz Besidathabed, started learning English at the age 15, he (and his English teacher!) realised his humourous name. My father being the joker that he is decided to ensure his children got similarly humourous names as well. I have a younger brother by the name of Hazem Dari Besidathabed.

Anyways, It's not too often that people over here realise the funny nature of my name and it's always a sure way to bring some laughs when at the Bank, or Railway Station and the person reads on my name and realises its implications in the English language!

You Aussies are funny guys, I've met a few Aussies here in Pakistan, who have been travelling mainly on business. Once I had a conversation with a man who found my name amusing and commented how the previous week he'd met a man of similarly amusing name in Karachi, Ahmed im Inagaiba. Somehow I think he must been kidding! :)

ROFL :D:D:D:D Your first post was contender for post of the year ;)

Another new guy!

Hey there, Aqib Mateef and everyone. I'm new to the list myself. I'm actually a Yank, over here studying in Australia from Boston, USA. I've become a big cricket fan and have been watching as much of the game as I've been able to since the start of the New Zealand Test series. Looking forward to contributing ...

--Bryan

Re: Another new guy!

Originally posted by bperson745
Hey there, Aqib Mateef and everyone. I'm new to the list myself. I'm actually a Yank, over here studying in Australia from Boston, USA. I've become a big cricket fan and have been watching as much of the game as I've been able to since the start of the New Zealand Test series. Looking forward to contributing ...

--Bryan

Welcome Bryan. Enjoy your stay, both here at 'big footy' and in Oz.
What are you studying?

from the new guy

Thanks for the welcome, Santos. I'm studying digital media in Brisbane - Master's Degree. Enjoying the fourth ODI on the radio as I write. Australia 2-88.

Re: Another new guy!

Originally posted by bperson745

--Bryan

Bryan,

Welcome aboard to the board... looking forward to reading your posts. Have you played any cricket, even like backyard or beach cricket?? What do you think of our Aussie cricket team?? Who are your favourite players, etc etc?? Have you been to a live match, like at the GABBA?

Cheers. :)
SeinDude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think one William J Birmingham will be suing.....

Welcome Aqib, any bookies you can put me in touch with? I can give you pre match info on Traeger Park and Albrecht Oval....

As a matter of fact Youngester, I do!

Great thing about the Internet . . . Online Gambling! :D

For the Cricket, I used the Online Bookie from India called Dahmina Beht and when I feel inclined to place a bet on European Sports and Soccer I use a German fellow by the name of Oliver Wager, just stay clear of Oliver Klossoff - he's a strange fellow but he always seems to be surrounded by scantily clad women! ;)

They're both good fellows and I'm sure they'll be keen to have any information possible on ground conditions, weather, etc.

:)

Bye for now,

Aqib :)

I use a German fellow by the name of Oliver Wager, just stay clear of Oliver Klossoff - he's a strange fellow but he always seems to be surrounded by scantily clad women! ;)

Aqib Mateef,

I've heard of Oliver Wager but I usually go through either his Pakistani associate Ahmed Abhet or his Dutch contact Arnie De Bacawinar, especially when I'm not having much luck with Ahmed!! ;);)

Cheers!! :cool:
SeinDude

Good to hear from you my friend, SeinDude. Sorry I didn't get back to you till now, the ISP's here in Lahore are very unreliable!

Ahmed Ahbet, there's a name I haven't heard for a while, he's a good bloke but and gives good quotes, I'll have to get back to touch with him! :)

Thanks for the info about Arnie, I'd never heard of him before, I'll have to try him out!

Goodbye and enjoy your cricket!

Cheers,

Aqib

Good to hear from you my friend, SeinDude. Sorry I didn't get back to you till now, the ISP's here in Lahore are very unreliable!

Ahmed Ahbet, there's a name I haven't heard for a while, he's a good bloke but and gives good quotes, I'll have to get back to touch with him! :)

Thanks for the info about Arnie, I'd never heard of him before, I'll have to try him out!

Goodbye and enjoy your cricket!

Cheers,

Aqib

No worries Aqib!! You know Aqib my eyes open and Aqib my ears to the ground for any good bookies, especially when I am not having much luck!! :D;):D

Cheers!! :cool:
SeinDude

Remove this Banner Ad

Back