News "Hello Dean" - Dean Gore joins Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. Just saying that three others saying something opposite to him.

From the article on the afc site -
"It was a complete shock on Wednesday when my manager and people from the Geelong Football Club rang me up to tell me about the situation."
They're a truthful club at Geelong, hey.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trade-period-2015-day-two-20151012-gk7h5z.html

Geelong list manager Stephen Wells took to the airwaves this morning to reveal thatDean Gore, who the club swapped for Paddy Dangerfield, actually approached them asking for a trade.

It's a fascinating window into the new world of empowered player agents, who actually negotiated and set up the deal before notifying Gore's employer.

"In the end Dean thought the opportunity might be better for him in Adelaide, with us bringing in two midfielders," Wells told SEN this morning.

"He and his manager approached us to be considered as part of that deal for Paddy."

As WFL said that very much does smell of some mistruthing going on somewhere... As Scott in the press conference yesterday said it was us that mentioned Gore as the player we would be interested in first. That doesn't quite tie up with what Wells is saying!
From when I was listening to Wells this morning I believe he mentioned we talked to Gore/his management and then Gore/his management went to Geelong to say they'd be open to moving to Adelaide if it could be part of the deal kind of thing.

Might have just been cut out from the above article unless I don't recall the interview as clearly as I think I do from this morning! :p

As WFL said that very much does smell of some mistruthing going on somewhere... As Scott in the press conference yesterday said it was us that mentioned Gore as the player we would be interested in first. That doesn't quite tie up with what Wells is saying!

Might be able to find out if that's the case. Won't promise anything though.

So what I understand from what others spoke about yesterday

AFC had been tracking Gore's process this year.
We might have talked to his manager about future move back at some stage during this tracking. So his manager would have been aware of our interest.

August
Danger says he is going to Geelong
AFC starts planning for future and looking at all scenarios including trade option wish list

This week
Discussions with us and Geelong about trade options. Players are mentioned. Adelaide specifically said Gore as an interest. (Chris Scott presser with Danger)
Wednesday - Geelong contact Gore's manager about the possibility of inclusion as part of the trade. His manager and Geelong staff then talk to Gore to see if he is interested. Gore then takes a couple of days to consider it and finally decides on Adelaide in the 'last few days'. So from that statement from Gore it seems he only decided over the weekend to yes agree to be part of the deal.

Monday - Trade is finalised, agreed upon and happens.

Tuesday - Stephen Wells says that Gore and his manager approached Geelong first about being part of the draft. Also that Adelaide never said they would match the offer and Geelong didn't want to risk it as it would put Danger in the draft.

What I have learned from this, West Coast list manager and Carlton list manager is that those guys have no understanding of how free agency actually works. How do they have jobs?

Just watched the highlights video of young man. Looks a goer, not too much polish, good kick but seems to rush them blindly. Reminds me of Aiden Riley which is not a great thing even though I am a bit of a pig dog fan.
Yeah was my first thought too.

Wonder why wells did that. Is he getting abuse from Geelong supporters for trading Gore?
He's getting abuse for trading anything because, you know they were ALWAYS getting him

Wonder why wells did that. Is he getting abuse from Geelong supporters for trading Gore?
Could easily be a case of him downplaying Gore leaving to make it look like not a big deal they sent him packing.

"Oh, he wanted to go, and we weren't that fussed to lose him"

Of course, you'd then question why they signed him to an extension this year already.

With every explanation I've read about Gore in the last couple days, he sounds like Gary Ablett's Ranga brother.
Elite speed, endurance, disposal, tackling, work ethic.
His abilities are obviously collectively being overrated, remains to be seen by what degree.

Also, who is looking forward to having 1/3 of our team being Rangas and Rorys next year?

With every explanation I've read about Gore in the last couple days, he sounds like Gary Ablett's Ranga brother.
His abilities are obviously collectively being overrated, remains to be seen by what degree.

Also, who is looking forward to having 1/3 of our team being Rangas and Rorys next year?
Me for one.

I don't think many are calling him elite but he does possess some very handy qualities that our young mids don't all have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Replacing 1 out going ginger nut with another, makes sense.:cool:

2013_AFL_Teamcoach_Silver_061_Patrick_Dangerfield_Adelaide_Crows.jpg

GORE%20Dean.png

:thumbsu: :footy:

I like 'Al' - he sounds like a really good pick up to me - and there are genuine tears on the Geelong Board over losing him. I hope we get to see him debut early next year. In the meantime all you obsessives who go to training we expect some serious progress reports!

Not sure where this fallacy has come from.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back